Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It should still be mentioned that Flash is a solo book. Barry doesn't share(until recently) the spotlight with multiple other speedsters on a bi-monthly basis, so Williamson can afford to give sub-plots to some of Barry's supporting characters. Same thing with Emiko, Diggle, Kate Spencer or Victoria Much in the Green Arrow book. Neither Kyle, nor any of the other GLs in the HJ book are solo protagonists, there's not enough room to juggle the four of them, let alone their personal lives or supporting cast. That doesn't excuse some of the "uneventful" storytelling in the book, just pointing out it's a different animal.
    Venditti's had 38 issues so far. There's room for sub-plots. The problem is, he never sticks on anything past 5 issues. It is a different animal but only because he made it that way.
    Save Ferris...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    These are very consistent sales. Give Green Lantern a reboot and clean the debris out of its engine, and it could post these same numbers.

December 2017: Flash 37 $2.99 DC 46,881

December 2016: Flash 13 $2.99 DC 62,800 (Rebirth)

December 2015: Flash 47 $3.99 DC 42,129

December 2014: Flash 37 $2.99 DC 37,026

December 2013: Flash 26 $2.99 DC 36,601

December 2012: Flash 15 $2.99 DC 45,925

December 2011: Flash 4 $2.99 DC 77,336 (New 52)
    And these numbers are high(ish) because Flash has a creator-proof magical formula that makes it sell no matter what and not because DC has put some really great artists and writers on the book, and made it very central to the entire DCU?

While DC treats the Green Lantern franchise like they currently are, it’s going to struggle to sell regardless what you do to it.
    Leaving Hal out of the Justice League film was a big blow and also no sign of any Lanterns in any of the CW shows is hurting it badly... Considering all the heroes and villains who’ve appeared in the shows, it’s mind boggling that there’s no sign or mention of a Lantern.
    So, get a Lantern into one of the tv shows or/and into their movies.
    Get Hal back to Earth in his own comic called Green Lantern, he can still have stories in space but have based on Earth.
    Let John be the lead of a Green Lantern Corps comic but give Guy, Kyle and the rest plenty of exposure.
    Don’t really know what to do with Jessica and Simon, I haven’t taken to either and stopped buying their title quite a while back.
    DC isn’t going to get rid of Jessica, because there’ll be complaints about diversity and all that... So maybe she joins the Justice League or better still, in a Birds of Prey revamp.

Extraordinary Member

Make the characters more layered. Explore their back stories, if old continuity has been erased.

Include them in big events. I find it crazy the Guardians have zero to do with the shenanigans of Doctor Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Make the characters more layered. Explore their back stories, if old continuity has been erased.

Include them in big events. I find it crazy the Guardians have zero to do with the shenanigans of Doctor Manhattan.
    Especially after he sabotaged the Blue Lantern Corps resurrection process.

BANNED

When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    When did this happen?
    The issue where Kyle became a GL again in the current run. I want to say #16 or 17.

Extraordinary Member

That alone should have made the little runts somewhat curious.

Who has that kind of power?

John & Guy could have been dispatched to investigate that (as a sub-plot) while leaving Hal & Kyle to the day to day adventures.

My personal ideas on how to make Green Lantern sell to...

The comic shop crowd: Make Hal the main GL, put Jim Lee on art, put Scott Snyder on writing, add Harley Quinn as a regular supporting cast member with her prominently displayed on covers by Frank Cho and Adam Hughes.

To the digital crowd: rebrand Green Lantern as the Green Lantern Corps and mix Jessica, Simon, John, Kyle and Guy in as members with Hal. Have one out of every six issues a main part of some universe-spanning event.

To me: relaunch Omega Men and Hawkman or Adam Strange, rebrand Green Lantern as the Green Lantern Corps, with a group similar to that of Englehart's run and make the three titles interconnected as DC's space focused books.

Honestly, a GLC team book with Hal, John, Kyle, Guy, Jessica and Simon could be done remarkably well if it's treated like a Gotham Central in space, with different pairs being spotlighted in the main story and the others being touched on in subplots. I think all six are strong enough as characters that an ensemble space police type book would be the best fit for them.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-16-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That alone should have made the little runts somewhat curious.

Who has that kind of power?

John & Guy could have been dispatched to investigate that (as a sub-plot) while leaving Hal & Kyle to the day to day adventures.
    What!? You mean a major plot point just sorta passed on by and was never mentioned again? Uh mah gawd no waaaayy.... Here's my shock face
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    What!? You mean a major plot point just sorta passed on by and was never mentioned again? Uh mah gawd no waaaayy.... Here's my shock face

I love fish dicks!
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    My personal ideas on how to make Green Lantern sell to...

The comic shop crowd: Make Hal the main GL, put Jim Lee on art, put Scott Snyder on writing, add Harley Quinn as a regular supporting cast member with her prominently displayed on covers by Frank Cho and Adam Hughes.

To the digital crowd: rebrand Green Lantern as the Green Lantern Corps and mix Jessica, Simon, John, Kyle and Guy in as members with Hal. Have one out of every six issues a main part of some universe-spanning event.

To me: relaunch Omega Men and Hawkman or Adam Strange, rebrand Green Lantern as the Green Lantern Corps, with a group similar to that of Englehart's run and make the three titles interconnected as DC's space focused books.

Honestly, a GLC team book with Hal, John, Kyle, Guy, Jessica and Simon could be done remarkably well if it's treated like a Gotham Central in space, with different pairs being spotlighted in the main story and the others being touched on in subplots. I think all six are strong enough as characters that an ensemble space police type book would be the best fit for them.
    Door number three, please.
    Save Ferris...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I love fish dicks!
    Hi Kanye West!

All-New Member

I am in the "Return Hal to earth" group, I would setup an interesting supporting cast, including Carol Ferris as Star Sapphire. Additionally, I would bring back the Green Lantern/Green Arrow bromance, not as a permanent team up, but as regular crossover events, get Hal into the streets and get Ollie into space. Who knows a Star Sapphire/Black Canary spin off series might be interesting as well.