Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Something else that would help Green Lantern sell: get rid of the Corps.

Let Hal, Guy, John, Kyle, Simon, Jessica and one or two alien GLs keep their rings and destroy OA and the Guardians, let all the other GLs retire into limbo. Make the seven or eight remaining GLs be the Green Lantern Corps and put them on Earth.

Give them traditional Earth-based villains, with a few trips into space.

This would not only help the GLs, but it would also give DC an opportunity to develop other space heroes again.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Something else that would help Green Lantern sell: get rid of the Corps.
    It's been done. It didn't work. Bringing back the Corps seemed to work splendidly for several years.

BANNED

Well, I suppose there's a third possibility -- that someone at DC could "get creative" and do something completely off the wall. After all, who could have predicted the creation of the emotional spectrum, or of TWO MORE Earth Lanterns?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Well, I suppose there's a third possibility -- that someone at DC could "get creative" and do something completely off the wall. After all, who could have predicted the creation of the emotional spectrum, or of TWO MORE Earth Lanterns?
    Off the wall has to kept within reason because these are properties that should be protected even though I at times hardly care for what the company does with them.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Wouldn't that require those dreaded creator types that you dislike interfering with books?

Forget the Lantern Corp. Only have Earth Based adventures. I really liked the 1960’s Green Lantern without the poem about “darkest night”. Bendis could do a re-take of the origin story and slowly evolve the powers and such.