Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default AU Concepts You Want On Earth-616

A thread on what things from AUs we want to be canon to Earth-616. I’ll start with...
    Ultron x Danger.
    22446E83-BE97-4386-9DEC-CD7FB5A9F30E.jpg

Spider-Man, Torch, and Iceman to all really be boys and hang out a lot more together.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Spider-Man, Torch, and Iceman to all really be boys and hang out a lot more together.
    omg YES.
    I entered here unsure of what I'd find and if I'd agree, but WOW does that sound tremendous!!

Amazing Member

Rogue that possessed her love.
    hermrogue.jpg

Rick Jones as the Sentry from Ultimate Spiderman. It was an in-joke but taking it more seriously might be a good role for him.

Susan Storm being really smart

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Susan Storm being really smart
    Both of those, I can really agree with, especially the latter as it gives Sue a solid way to contribute to the Fantastic Four outside the powers she acquires and a reason to be on Reed's unsanctioned spaceflight in the first place beyond "she's his girlfriend/fiancée/wife."

My own?

Well, Ben Reilly didn't die (The "Real" Clone Saga miniseries), so he wasn't "reanimated" in the butchery of his character that was The Clone Conspiracy.

Anna May "Annie" Parker and Peter and Mary Jane still being together and raising her while fighting crime as a family.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I want Magneto as a Marvel wide threat (like Ultimate). Ultimate Magneto's backstory is lame, but the way he utilized his powers was way better. Just give him the 616 background and extremely dangerous will from Ultimate.

I get why he's more anti hero now (sympathetic blah blah Jews blah blah), but outright awful people in the real world have sad backstories and it doesn't justify a single horrific deed they've committed. This man is not meant to be noble, he's a blatantly racist hypocritical murderer. But sure, let him lead teenagers~

I also preferred Jessica Drew interpreted as Parker's clone instead of Ben (like an X-23 thing). I like Ben just fine, just preference.

As much as I didn't like Ultimate Green Goblin's (demon hulk) appearance, his motivations were much more believable. He was still a cold narcissist, but it was toned down so he wasn't cackling maniacally. He even made the Sinister Six a threat to the Avengers (Ultimates) before Doc Ock prime did.

BANNED

Let's see...

• I don't want Wanda + Kurt or Emma + Scott to have children in 616, but I do really want Nocturne and Ruby Summers around.
    • The Triskelion in 616
    • Scarlet Witch + Quicksilver are still mutants and children of Magneto
    • Adam X is the third Summers brother, rather than Vulcan
    • Rogue retained a fraction of the memories and personalities she absorbed in Age of X. Maybe even a power or two.
    • Sunspot kept his powers and appearance from Age of X
    • Tempo, Synch, Avalanche, Quill, Catseye, Icarus and Dead Girl never died.
    • Colossus never ditched the beard and kept his lines on his metallic form

And perhaps most importantly, lesser-known characters from across the MU get a chance to show up in comics more than once every 5-10 years.

A well written MJ.

Honestly, I'm shocked they don't actualy do that, hell, it could be its own comic like Spider-Man/Deadpool, a mini at least.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Let's see...

• I don't want Wanda + Kurt or Emma + Scott to have children in 616, but I do really want Nocturne and Ruby Summers around.
    • The Triskelion in 616
    • Scarlet Witch + Quicksilver are still mutants and children of Magneto
    • Adam X is the third Summers brother, rather than Vulcan
    • Rogue retained a fraction of the memories and personalities she absorbed in Age of X. Maybe even a power or two.
    • Sunspot kept his powers and appearance from Age of X
    • Tempo, Synch, Avalanche, Quill, Catseye, Icarus and Dead Girl never died.
    • Colossus never ditched the beard and kept his lines on his metallic form

And perhaps most importantly, lesser-known characters from across the MU get a chance to show up in comics more than once every 5-10 years.
    The Triskelion IS in 616. It was the base of Al Ewing's Ultimates.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Triskelion IS in 616. It was the base of Al Ewing's Ultimates.
    Oh. It's on my reading list lol. Haven't gotten around to it yet, just heard bits and pieces

Astonishing Member

I liked the idea in Earth X where nations wanted Super Beings who were also capable leaders to be leading the countries, now it doesn't have to be that following but maybe running for office and such it feels only bad guys do this would be a neat thing to see a hero do it.

Also from Earth X the Boltagon Armour Blackagar and Ahura used for a costume change.

I liked the idea of Clint Barton having augmented cones & rods; to facilitate his already flawless aim. but that's for the novelty of it and pretty much all that I liked about him. I was totally against him basically being Bullseye. I don't think that Clint needs to be Bullseye. so it kind of sucks that they already implemented a lot of Ultimate Hawkeye into the regular continuity. it's somewhat against the rules of the thread. but I'd actually give Ultimate Hawkeye's background to 616-Bullseye. he's already part of some kind of program that turns out homicidal marksman; if Dark Reign Hawkeye is to be believed. I don't think it would negatively effect him to have that kind of advantage. it would explain the laughable instances of him killing people with objects you simply couldn't throw hard enough to kill someone.

I don't like how it was treated in the actual story. but Janet Van Dyne being a mutant was interesting. it made her a tad more independent (not relying on Pym for her entire powerset). that's not to say that I'd want any of the other stuff to be used. but Vernon could have easily come to Hank to deal with Jan's condition; misguidedly seeing her mutant status as something that needed to be fixed.

while I'm talking about Avengers, I also liked that Thor was laid back and a little wiser than his 616 counterpart.