Default Should Vader appear in an Obi-Wan spinoff film?

Although of course such a film is yet to be officially confirmed, would that be a good idea? Presumably Vader would be searching for Obi-Wan at some point after the end of ROTS; sort of part of his job, anyway-and Obi-Wan, in some way, would be given the confirmation of the fate of his former apprentice.

Not that they would have to meet again or anything, as that would kind of hurt the original film's reunion. Maybe a 'close call' of sorts. Vader of course had a role in "Rogue One" with not really meeting any of the heroes, although he did have sort of an impact on the story leading into the first film.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

No, I'm hoping for a spaghetti western with lightsabers. If any old villain shows up, it should be Maul but he already got a good death in Rebels.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

iMan 42s

Vader could appear but it's not like he could meet Ben Kenobi.
    I'm still holding out on a Disney canon version of A'sharad Hett primarily because it would link both Anakin and Obi-Wan and maybe provide an excuse for a lightsaber duel.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

I don't even think there should be an Obi-Wan film.

But if there were to be one I would set it some time before The Phantom Menace. With Saoirse Ronan as the Mandalorian duchess.

Mighty Member

Maybe a Boba Fett cameo in Mos Eisley

Definitely an uneasy relationship with Joel Edgerton's Uncle Owen...

In Rebels Vader wanted Ahsoka to help lead him to Obi-Wan so it seems Vader was concerned with finding him among whatever remained of the Jedi, though I think it works better to just assume the two never got even close to one another until A New Hope.

A western set at Tattoine with Obi Wan sounds cool and all but i don't know i want a Obi Wan film. If they make it that's fine. If they would get Ewan McGregor my interest would arise. Darth Vader appearance would be cool and all but i think it won't make much sense.

For that Vader would have to go to Tattoine. And somehow not knowing that Obi Wan's here or is here to protect Luke Skywalker. That points to one of the biggest things which i can't make sense of in Star Wars. Somehow Luke was living with his uncle with the name of Skywalker and Vader never knew that. If Vader stays for somewhat longer time or is in search of Obi Wan he shall find out that Obi Wan is in that planet. And through that could reasonably reach the conclusion that his son was alive and 'hiding' in that planet. That's not too far of a guess for Darth Vader.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In Rebels Vader wanted Ahsoka to help lead him to Obi-Wan so it seems Vader was concerned with finding him among whatever remained of the Jedi, though I think it works better to just assume the two never got even close to one another until A New Hope.
    Vader said the Emperor specifically wanted the other Jedi. Obi-Wan was not name-dropped there, and it did not seem as if Vader personally was worried.

I think Vader would be too much. That and I got the feeling that they hadn't seen each other since their duel on Mustafar when they dueled in Episode 4. An inquisitor or two could make for a good story though...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    I think Vader would be too much. That and I got the feeling that they hadn't seen each other since their duel on Mustafar when they dueled in Episode 4. An inquisitor or two could make for a good story though...
    An Inquisitor? Those guys are about as much a speedbump as Stormtroopers for a fully trained Jedi.

iMan 42s

It's not out of the question for there to be more Inquisitors. We know the Empire was making note of Imperial cadets and in some cases kidnapping known force-sensitives. The problem I have with the Inquisitors is that they kind of suck at their jobs.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's not out of the question for there to be more Inquisitors. We know the Empire was making note of Imperial cadets and in some cases kidnapping known force-sensitives. The problem I have with the Inquisitors is that they kind of suck at their jobs.
    Obi-Wan is a Jedi Master, and Ahsoka Tano who isn't even a Knight curbstomped two of them at the same time like they weren't even there.

I mean, if they're going for comedy, sure, add a few.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Obi-Wan is a Jedi Master, and Ahsoka Tano who isn't even a Knight curbstomped two of them at the same time like they weren't even there.

I mean, if they're going for comedy, sure, add a few.
    They're like the bumbling minions without the slapstick. Grand Inquisitor would make for a far more competent opponent, but then you gotta work around the timeline and that's just not going to be easy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    They're like the bumbling minions without the slapstick. Grand Inquisitor would make for a far more competent opponent, but then you gotta work around the timeline and that's just not going to be easy.
    They don't really bumble. They're just not on the level of main movie characters.

Which is of course what they were designed to be. The Inquisitors originated in the old West End Games roleplaying game. They were supposed to give the player characters (as well as minor Jedi like Kanan and Ezra) a hell of a fight. Real Jedi, not so much.