Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I was gonna pick these books up (and catch the last arc of Superman) out of gratitude for the work they did getting us to this point. Now I'm gonna pick these books up because Mark freakin' Russell is writing two Superman stories with Thompson and Hitch as artist. And they got Andrews doing art for Flynn.

I'm in there.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Just realized that Ian Flynn and Kaare Andrews may very well be the new team for Super Sons. Flynn is best known for writing Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man, and Kaare Andrews' slick and kinetic art style would be a very good successor to Jorge Jimenez's style.

I'd be very down to see this team on the book after the shake-up.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'd hope they'd have more to offer Andrews.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This "drastic changes" adds credence to the theory that this MOS mini really is some kind of soft reboot. I don't think he'd undo the marriage or get rid of Jon, they'd be insane to let him do that, but it does sound like he's planning on making some kind of change to the character from what we've seen. I wonder what his conditions were for coming to work with them? Sounds like a huge risk.
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    There are some theories out there that parts of Doomsday Clock actually take place in the past, before Flashpoint, hence certain things like Batman wearing the Inc. suit and whatnot. Whether true or not, at the very least I think there's enough substance to the idea of some twists and turns that make it so I'm not comfortable looking to Doomsday Clock anymore to assume how things will be everywhere else come the summer.
    Nope. That's not the 2010(?) suit. That was more complicated-looking than the suit in DOOMSDAY CLOCK. Everything in DOOMSDAY CLOCK is clearly happening in the near future relative to the current DC titles. Batman is just going to get a simpler, more "retro" suit than the one has now, which is fine by me. I really don't like the gloves and belt he's currently wearing. I just wish he'd get the trunks back -- it still looks like he's wearing a "onesie" without them.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Just realized that Ian Flynn and Kaare Andrews may very well be the new team for Super Sons. Flynn is best known for writing Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man, and Kaare Andrews' slick and kinetic art style would be a very good successor to Jorge Jimenez's style.

I would love that team on super sons, love Ian's work on Sonic Archie comics. And you are right about Mark Russell news being excited, love his flinstones run. Great year of superman comics ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I really hope Tomasi and Jimenez continue on Super Sons, that book is as close to being perfect as it can get.

Mark Russell on Superman, I being waiting for it for some time, with luck he will be the one replacing Percy on Green Arrow.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

This makes me happy that they are letting Dan and Peter to finish their runs in style and on good terms.

Oh and both of those covers need to be posters, especially the ACTION one. That is one sick image by Jurgens.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I hope Andrews also co writes Super Sons with Flynn if they get the book.

And from what it's looking like, Scott Snyder is eyeing Jimenez for Justice League after No Justice, so it's unlikely that he'll be back on Super Sons. And there's a pretty strong possibility that Tomasi may leave Super Sons. I've yet to hear him confirm that he's staying on even when asked.

Also glad to hear Flynn's Sonic would is strong. I felt like I heard that around before, but I wasn't sure.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be5cEZ1AC7c/?hl=en

The unimaginable enemy Superman and Lex are going to face might be Cyborg Superman. Above is a WIP from Will Conrad's Instagram account.

Would make a lot of sense for Jurgens to close out his run using Hank. Of course it could be at the same time that this "unimaginable enemy" is some mastermind throwing a bunch of villains Superman's way.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-14-2018 at 01:04 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    There are some theories out there that parts of Doomsday Clock actually take place in the past, before Flashpoint, hence certain things like Batman wearing the Inc. suit and whatnot. Whether true or not, at the very least I think there's enough substance to the idea of some twists and turns that make it so I'm not comfortable looking to Doomsday Clock anymore to assume how things will be everywhere else come the summer.
    Im with ya, if tom king leaves DC by DC 1000, (he likely will)...nothing he does will matter that much. I dont think bats and catwoman will get married lol.

And ya Doomsday Clock, whatever time it takes place in...I think will matter very little to what things are like afterward. It really just strikes me as a story to be told, contrasting the watchmen universe with the DCU. Johns creation...more than the semi-crisis event some (including me) initially thought it was gonna be.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    Im with ya, if tom king leaves DC by DC 1000, (he likely will)...nothing he does will matter that much. I dont think bats and catwoman will get married lol.
    Which is probably why Tom wrote the recent Batman annual the way he did, with a possible future depicting Bat and Cat as married. You can either take it as an Elseworld or an assurance that they will eventually get married in the far-off future regardless if their current engagement fails to last.

Lois and Clark only got married on their second engagement after all

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Joker seems to be eager to tear them apart...literally, judging by the cover of DC Nation #2. But I mean your right it's too early to tell for sure, I haven't read that annual but that sounds like a good resolution. Tom King is like the Dan Slott of Batman IMO, guy can't leave soon enough.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Incredible Member

Will get the Action Special, I've really enjoyed Dan Jurgens run on the book, but will skip the Superman finale, I didn't care for the Dinosaur Island arc, but hope others will enjoy it!