Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Super not interested in the return of Vanillarine, bu-u-ut Domino plus pretty pals doing spy stuff makes Mystery in Madripoor a must-buy, and Mariko Tamaki's Hulk has been consistently excellent, so for her I am willing to put up with a regular dose of Daken, despite him being The Absolute Worst Thing.

Could do without more Greg Land covers, natch.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Hopefully logan isnt left out. But im intrigued. Definetly Checking these out
    X-Men Forever

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Do we actually know that for sure? Or is she just not appearing on one of the covers. It would make very little sense if she was shut out of this event.
    Jean's not here either. It probably coincides with Red, and we know SOMETHING has Jean in it in May so they may have their own thing going on.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Do we actually know that for sure? Or is she just not appearing on one of the covers. It would make very little sense if she was shut out of this event.
    Its just weard, when batman came back dick grayson wasn't ignored and had a role in the story. The fact that shes not brought up in any of this isn't right. We should have know what the plans for her were a while ago.

Adamantium Agenda and Mystery in Madripoor are the ones that I'm interest in.

Agenda for the New Avengers. I loved the New Avengers. The Madripoor one I don't even have to say it, haha. Also, its written by Jim Zub so that's a bonus.

I hope Daken's not being rolled back again, but we'll see how it goes. He could just be playing Creed and Deathstrike.

Major Marvel heroes like Daredevil, Kitty Pryde, Spider-Man and Iron Man, will become involved in the story, as they try to track down Logan and figure out his secrets. Each series will also contain its own distinct genre and mystery: WEAPON LOST will be a noir/detective story, ADAMANTIUM AGENDA more action/adventure focused, CLAWS OF A KILLER fits its title with a horror style, while MYSTERY IN MADRIPOOR is a dark romance.

https://news.marvel.com/comics/84500...ferent-series/
    Dark Romance in Madripoor.

BANNED

Maybe there will be another mini following these four minis.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It seems the most important return of the year was wolverine and Jean's was just an afterthought
    It does kinda feel like that right?

Anyway, Mystery in Madripoor is definitely the most interesting one for me but I may check out the others too.

Excited for half of these, but will likely read them all.

Can Marvel stop making me read Avengers stuff just to understand my X-Books? I just don't care about those characters.

Mystery in Madripoor and Claws of a Killer look pretty exciting though, and I think these Land covers are more than fine. Get the feeling people just get carried away with their opinions on his previous work. The Mystery in Madripoor team should star in an ongoing, they're far more exciting than any X-Team we currently have (feels very reminiscent of the last volume of X-Men).

I wonder if Laura may not simply just tie into this event from her solo, perhaps as a finale-arc to her Wolverine identity?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I hope Daken's not being rolled back again, but we'll see how it goes. He could just be playing Creed and Deathstrike.
    Yeah. Saying characters not too fond of logan and showing Daken is weird.

Aside from his dark evil version fighting Iceman hes been doing better in ANW and before that in Wolverines where he actually was caring about the fact that his father died.
    X-Men Forever

Like I said, Taylor mentioned something involving Jean as well, so unless she's in Mysteries In Madripoor I don't think that these are all the relevant mini or oneshots we're going to see. Laura might be tied up in the same one Jean is.

That said: has Soule ever written Laura before? She and Gabby might be the mystery characters in Weapon Lost.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yeah. Saying characters not too fond of logan and showing Daken is weird.

Aside from his dark evil version fighting Iceman hes been doing better in ANW and before that in Wolverines where he actually was caring about the fact that his father died.
    Creed is supposed to be inverted. If they dropped that, they really need to stop drawing him in the hero costume on everything.

Anyway, gotta pass on that one given who the line-up includes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Like I said, Taylor mentioned something involving Jean as well, so unless she's in Mysteries In Madripoor I don't think that these are all the relevant mini or oneshots we're going to see. Laura might be tied up in the same one Jean is.

That said: has Soule ever written Laura before? She and Gabby might be the mystery characters in Weapon Lost.
    Soule wrote her during the Death of Wolverine tie-ins (Logan Legacy and Wolverines). For the most part he got her reasonably well, until he got to the last issue of the latter book.

Soule wrote her during the Death of Wolverine tie-ins (Logan Legacy and Wolverines). For the most part he got her reasonably well, until he got to the last issue of the latter book.
    So... that probably counts her out, then.

Sidenote but, is this potentially what became of the 'Avengers and X-Men' crossover BC mentioned?