Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default IGN announces Morrison, Quitely, and Mahnke's involvement in Action #1000?

IGN's feature today on the various Action Comics #1000-related developments - that issue itself, the hardcover, the return of the suit, Bendis taking the books, today's announced specials for Superman and Action - includes a partial list of creators for 1000, which includes Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely, and Doug Mahnke. Double-checking, I see BC also listed a solicit including creators with that information (to whatever extent you care to trust that). A misunderstanding? Speculation? The article elsewhere erroniously lists #1000 and the celebratory hardcover as both coming out on April 11th; is this a mistake too, or an unheralded exclusive?
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I wanna believe too man, but restrain yourself lest DC lets us down and you end up with the very bluest of balls.
    Buh-bye

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

This does seem like evidence that Morrison is contributing (and not just to the 1000 HC release).

EDIT: maybe not, I think they might have used old info (that ended up more reflecting the HC writers)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-changes-name/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-13-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Sure is weird that they're still telling us, "and more!" At this point you expect DC would announce full lists for specials before someone could potentially spoil the surprise. But how is it even a surprise? It makes more sense to announce such a thing before saying Frank Miller is gonna write a new mini series, or that Bendis will take over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    This does seem like evidence that Morrison is contributing (and not just to the 1000 HC release).

EDIT: maybe not, I think they might have used old info (that ended up more reflecting the HC writers)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-changes-name/
    Yeah, but Quitely and Mahnke aren't in any of the stories in the hardcover.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Yeah, but Quitely and Mahnke aren't in any of the stories in the hardcover.
    Yea, it's just so weird that DC wouldn't be making Morrison's inclusion more crystal clear and marketed.

Remember, I'm someone that notices that DC's trade solicits often end up being wrong or changed. So, it's like I don't know what to trust and when to trust it.

These here below also supports Morrison contributing a new story:
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...on-comics-1000
    http://www.relaxcomics.com/2018/02/action-comics-1000/
    https://freshcomics.us/issue/FEB1801...on-comics-1000
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-13-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Common sense really suggests Morrison will contribute, but with all he's been doing...editing, Metal Wild Hunt, Happy, he's agreed to like 2 Batman projects (Arkham Asylum 2, Batman B&W), etc...you can imagine a crazy possible perfect storm scenario where he's like..."I just don't have the time at all, I'm so sorry."

I think he will contribute, he can write something as long or short as he wants I'd bet. So the question becomes, when will DC stop being coy or semi-mysterious about it? It's odd to not use his name to hype this (though maybe it needs no added hype).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-13-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

While I'll be really excited and happy if Morrison does a story, it really won't be that disappointing to me if he skips out. The lineup of talent on 1000 is already so good already and Morrison will always be a top name when it comes to hallmark Superman writers regardless if his name isn't on this book.