Astonishing Member

Default Chance encounter with HER...... The one yesterday

The last time I had spoken to her was a during a phone call in 1988 in which she told me she was getting married. I had done my best to sound pleased for her. we had been broken up for a few years and all efforts to change that had stopped for quite a while. I had actually pooched a 9 month long relationship with a perfecttly nice girl since. I discovered back in '16 that The ONE had been following me on Facebook for sometime but I never did anything to resume contact. Well, Yesterday after having walked across the street toward the movie theatre here in town, I hear awoman's voice calling my name from a car. " Do you remember me? " Yes I sure do, Lori. How are you?" Good Lord the emotion. PLeased to report that I was able to come across as nice , and lucid. WE talked about stuff. Family. She had taken care of her dad during the last faze of his life just as I had with my mom. She asked if I had ever married " No, Odd man. Never met the right girl " This seemed to really sadden her so I added that being alone was better than being with someone who's wrong for you. I had seen her Husband's pic( marriage number 2) on Facebook and said that he looks like a nice fella and she says he is. So.... That's a good thing. She mentioned liking some clips of my acting that I had posted on Fb. We parted with her reccommendation of Black Panther and a polite hug. Can't decide whether I'd ever want to see her and be friends or not. It'd kill me probably Ever live thru one of these encounters? Just felt the need to vent. Comments welcome.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 02-23-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Sounds like you acted in the right manner. She's married and that puts a period on any possibility of getting back with her. She's in the past, look to your future.

Astonishing Member

Thanks. You're right of course. The whole thing seems to have me a little drinkier than usual. This too will pass.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 02-23-2018 at 08:44 AM.

You did fine for the most part.

When I used to get questions like, "..so why your not married?" I would reply with, "well, if I ever get tired of dating the Wallenda triplets & want to be like you in matrimonial hell, I'll be sure to give you a ring."

That always stops the BS right there.

Astonishing Member

Ha! Good one.