Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What About Spectacular, Miles and Spider-Gwen?

So far we know the deal for Venom and Amazing.
    We haven't heard a thing regarding Spectacular Spider-Man, Miles Morales and his new alias and Spider Gwen.
    I hope that they will keep going.

Well we know that Miles is still around by the fact that he appears on the teaser poster. As for Gwen, it depends on if they really have any other story to tell with her considering that her entire series has pretty much been a single mega story. Spectacular I'm sure will be fine since the book doesn't seem to be wrapping any time soon based on the solicits. Marvel hasn't really given us anything about Fresh Start since last Tuesday so there hasn't really been much on their end of continued announcements.

I don't expect his book to disappear, though it'll probably get a new #1. But yeah, he wouldn't be in limbo anyway, thanks to Champions.

Spec will probably just continue as it is, no relaunch. Gwen, however, might be cancelled. If she continues, she'll have a new creative team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Don't forget RYV is probably safe until the next trade collection.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't see a reason for a Gwen book to continue to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Don't forget RYV is probably safe until the next trade collection.
    Vol. 4 will probably be the end for RYV. It's really something that an AU that had multiple creative shake-ups will last twenty-something issues in today's market. It was never the "it" title like Spider-Gwen was at its start.

I feel like even if Gwen's book ends, they'll probably do something to keep Gwen around, whether it be a new writer on the book or giving her a new team book. I highly doubt she's going away anytime soon, especially after both the Spider-Man cartoon and Marvel Rising (and we aren't sure in what capacity 'Ghost Spider' will be involved in the comic tie-in)

I will be shocked if Miles doesn't get a relaunch, although it is a little interesting we still haven't heard anything in regards to who will be taking over, my money's still on the rumoured Walker.

Spectacular I also think will be safe with Zdarsky, it's just a question if they'll decide to give it a Fresh Start re-numbering or not.

And I agree that Renew Your Vows and Scarlet Spider will probably be finished in one or two more arcs.

Crazy thought: Miles and Gwen as co-headliners of a new Spiderverse title rather than having their own solos.

-Pav, who kinda likes the idea...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I was kind of surprised that Gwen wasn't on the promo image given how much Marvel likes to promote her, but given her book's current sales and it seems like Latour and Rodriguez are coming to an end to their run, I do wonder what the plans are for the title.

But Gwen's always been a bit of "special snowflake" for Marvel so I doubt they will drop her as a character, and I imagine they're going to find some way to incorporate "Ghost Spider" into the comics given they're going to be pushing it in outside media and it's already been mentioned in that Deadpool "Choose your own adventure" story.

But given the criticism about Marvel having yet to announce any female-led ongoing books as part of Fresh Start, I'm curious if we're going to have a Spider-Line that's once again lacking in any female-led books.

I think Spec is probably pretty safe, but I hope they don't relaunch it.

RYV and Scarlet Spider are probably not long for this world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Crazy thought: Miles and Gwen as co-headliners of a new Spiderverse title rather than having their own solos.

That would probably have a better chance of selling then Web Warriors did...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

I would prefer that both have solo's. Their sales have warranted it (certainly Miles has).

Ideally I'd like two solo's PLUS a Miles/Gwen team. I've really enjoyed their interactions. Put Jessica Drew on it and let Hopeless write it and I'm super into it. Or

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I would prefer that both have solo's. Their sales have warranted it (certainly Miles has).

Ideally I'd like two solo's PLUS a Miles/Gwen team. I've really enjoyed their interactions. Put Jessica Drew on it and let Hopeless write it and I'm super into it. Or
    Miles is safe but Gwen's sales have been sagging for a while now, so I think her fate is a little more ambiguous.

But Marvel certainly seems more invested in her then they did other characters, so I feel like on that front she's probably well taken care of.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Miles is safe but Gwen's sales have been sagging for a while now, so I think her fate is a little more ambiguous.

But Marvel certainly seems more invested in her then they did other characters, so I feel like on that front she's probably well taken care of.
    I agree Gwen isn't going anywhere. I could see her coming to the 616 once Robbie Rodriguez moves on. His art is so closely tied to the character that if they were ever going to bring her over, his leaving is certainly a great opportunity to do so. I'm assuming we'll get some major resolutions when Rodriguez leaves and "New world, new creative team" is very Marvel.

I agree - for one major reason. Solicits say she'll no longer have a secret identity on Earth-65. Coming to 616 would effectively restore it, as well as explain the Ghost Spider name. She'd ditch the Spider-Woman name out of respect to Jessica, and either she or Silk would probably take note of the fact that Gwen Stacy is effectively a ghost, because the 616 version is dead (in fact, the two Gwens meet next issue). So they'd call her Ghost Spider in battle. It gets overheard and ends up on Jameson's blog/in the Bugle/on the Internet, take your pick. So she gets stuck with that moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I will be shocked if Miles doesn't get a relaunch, although it is a little interesting we still haven't heard anything in regards to who will be taking over, my money's still on the rumoured Walker.
    Walker already said he has nothing lined up, so he's seemingly ruled out.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-12-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latour and Rodriguez are supposed to have one more arc after Gwenom before Rodriguez is done, and Chip says Spectacular will remain as is.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

That one last arc was already solicited. Starts in either 31 or 32 (31 was mistakenly solicited as Gwenom part 6, not only would it really be part 7, the cover shows 616 Gwen with the Spider-Gwen costume in a bag, no symbiote in sight).