Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Flash #40 *SPOILERS*

Well played DC, well played.

This is either some next-level trolling of Wally West fans, or a return to form for the character after many, many years in limbo, followed by another couple of being a shell of his former self.

Whatever comes next, I am on board.

While it's highly unlikely that Barry will never be The Flash again, restoring Wally as the main Flash for however long it lasts is certainly something I am interested in seeing explored since we never really got to see Wally be The Flash while Barry is alive.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I haven't read the issue but based on the solicit for this issue it did strongly imply it so I'm not entirely surprised about it. Although I'm glad they actually did do it.

But this is not going to last long at all. I'll be surprised if it lasts longer than an issue or two.

Definitely not going to last. Not just because DC have tried to shove Wally in the background as much as they could but because they are not going to take all the spotlight off of Barry. Not happening.

But it's still nice to see . And confirmation from you that it happens has got me more hyped to grab this today . Thanks.

Always Rakzo

This was once again really good. Williamson knows how to portray Grodd's powerful presence and escalates the fight perfectly to the surprising end that many people will love I'm sure.

Great art as well. Still one the best DC series currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This was once again really good. Williamson knows how to portray Grodd's powerful presence and escalates the fight perfectly to the surprising end that many people will love I'm sure.

Great art as well. Still one the best DC series currently.
    Solid issue. Grodd is a powerful villain and it shows here. Grodd + Speed Force is terrifying. His torment of Barry, saying he's nothing without his powers, he's just the kid that failed to save his mom and free his dad, really hit home. I'm Team Barry, in terms of my favorite Flash, but the ending was really cool.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Well played DC, well played.

This is either some next-level trolling of Wally West fans, or a return to form for the character after many, many years in limbo, followed by another couple of being a shell of his former self.

Whatever comes next, I am on board.

While it's highly unlikely that Barry will never be The Flash again, restoring Wally as the main Flash for however long it lasts is certainly something I am interested in seeing explored since we never really got to see Wally be The Flash while Barry is alive.
    Oh, it's not even going to last the full arc. This is Barry's book - this is just a way of [re]introducing OG Wally to the supporting cast (like Kid Wally already has been part of since the start of the volume) with a bang. If Barry didn't get his powers back in short order, there couldn't be a "Flash War", for cripes' sake!

Like what Williamson does with Wally or loathe it, just don't get your hopes up expecting something this isn't even pretended to be.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

We've still got FLASH WAR coming up, so Barry's present predicament is temporary, but Wally has the book for the moment.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

On the week of my birthday!

Oh, DC, how did you know? :P
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I wonder if this story is connected to FLASH WAR in any way.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

They said it was a prelude to Flash War.

Probably because re introducing Wally . And the solicit for the last issue says something about Wally not being happy about something Barry did regarding iris.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    They said it was a prelude to Flash War.

Probably because re introducing Wally . And the solicit for the last issue says something about Wally not being happy about something Barry did regarding iris.
    ...which for now, seems to be limited to not cluing Iris in that original Wally even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

I think so, at least as another prelude. Man, am I excited for Flash War.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Fun fact: At the current set-up, both Flash and Kid Flash have the exact same civilian name: Wallace Rudolph West.

Fun fact numer 2: it's actually the second time this happens, we've had two Bartholomew Henry Allens in those positions as well.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Fun fact: At the current set-up, both Flash and Kid Flash have the exact same civilian name: Wallace Rudolph West.

Fun fact numer 2: it's actually the second time this happens, we've had two Bartholomew Henry Allens in those positions as well.
    Man, that's crazy.

BANNED

Notice Barry was very specific about which city Wally is the flash of.

I'm hoping Wally say something like "no I'm not,I have my own city I'm the flash of"

I picked this up because of this thread. I grabbed Annual #1 as well the previous week. I have no interest in Barry (I do love the show) in the comics. Wally is my Flash, getting excited for Flash Wars.