Poseidonxxx

Lightbulb 2 questions: Who do you think is the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe?

Hi, great site. I'm a newbie and this is my 1st post.

2 questions:

1. Who do you think is the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe?

2. Should we not assume that the sheer power of these beings would mean that in reality; no other being or force or matter would exist. A fight between The One Above All and The Beyonder for example would just wipe out all existence.

3. I guess Q.3 is: Are some Marvel characters too overpowered to make any sense. If you can control reality, time and matter; then why would you live confined within their rules, laws and constraints?
    Last edited by Poseidonxxx; 03-08-2018 at 05:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think you have to remember that many of the higher up characters are at least somewhat aware that they're literary characters. Which is part of the reason they abide by the rules they do.

In terms of power, you have The One Above All, but does he really count? That is basically the writer.

For a real character that actually gets some use, I'd argue it would have to be Molecule Man.

Mighty Member

Squirrel Girl.

One Above All would be the safe choice.

Besides the One Above All, I’d say Molecule Man and then possibly Franklin Richards as they are rebuilding all of creation.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidonxxx View Post
    Hi, great site. I'm a newbie and this is my 1st post.

2 questions:

1. Who do you think is the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe?
    Jack Kirby.

2. Should we not assume that the sheer power of these beings would mean that in reality; no other being or force or matter would exist. A fight between The One Above All and The Beyonder for example would just wipe out all existence.
    Only if they l think they live in the Dragonball universe and are dumb enough to duke it out just to know who is stronger.

3. I guess Q.3 is: Are some Marvel characters too overpowered to make any sense. If you can control reality, time and matter; then why would you live confined within their rules, laws and constraints?
    Some of their streetlevel guys are too overpowered to make any sense. It's a superhero universe, it comes with the territory.

Although he's had some bad recent showings from people that didn't know how to write him, The Living Tribunal holds the number 2 spot, unless we want to count classic Beyonder.

Are some Marvel characters too overpowered to make any sense. If you can control reality, time and matter; then why would you live confined within their rules, laws and constraints?
    Some of the cosmics blatantly ignore or break those rules all the time.