Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    They tell a story, take a break, then tell another in a new volume. Ongoings are expensive to keep up with.
    Basically how Marvel is doing it these days. Just without the break, new storyline, volume numbers etc....

I do think that at least Fathom and Soulfire could last as ongoings, since they're the big two, but Aspen has to be having some success with the current model. If they weren't, they wouldn't be doing it.
    Even as ongoing these series tended to have odd shipping so as long as the mini series are released it can almost be thought of as an ongoing with breaks. I personally like it. It seems to be what Marvel wants to do just without the breaks so they can have a new number one every few months.

BANNED

Aspen doesn't have a theme does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    I don't think so. There's no "shared universe", so I don't know how you could really develop one. Unless "pretty ladies kicking ass" counts as a theme.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

BANNED

I don't think so. There's no "shared universe", so I don't know how you could really develop one. Unless "pretty ladies kicking ass" counts as a theme.
    no that's not a theme....

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    They are making money, they have to be, or they would not be around. So I guess its working for them.

Nah I dont think they are close to Zenescope at all. Zene makes it makes some into the top 300 of all comic series shipped by Diamond.
    Err...Pretty sure their books make the top 300. Fathom, Soulfire and their recent Bubblegun, Executive Assistant Assassins and Jirni have done quite well for them. Zenescope btend to have a larger market share simply due to putting out more product and the amount of variants they offer with every book.

Personally i dont mind the mini format. They only tell a story when theres one to tell. It gives the creators time to bag a few issues in between and the sales benefit from the #1's.
    As some have said, they wouldnt do it if it didnt work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Action based titles, usually with a fantasy or sci-fi setting. Mostly female leads.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Err...Pretty sure their books make the top 300. Fathom, Soulfire and their recent Bubblegun, Executive Assistant Assassins and Jirni have done quite well for them. Zenescope btend to have a larger market share simply due to putting out more product and the amount of variants they offer with every book.

Personally i dont mind the mini format. They only tell a story when theres one to tell. It gives the creators time to bag a few issues in between and the sales benefit from the #1's.
    As some have said, they wouldnt do it if it didnt work for them.
    Wow you are so right, I am sorry Aspen. I was looking for there name on the sales list and some how skipped over it.

And yes the mini format for comics is not bad. Dark Horse does it sometimes and I enjoy those.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I think Trish Out of Water is set in the same world as Fathom, but I only read the first issue and didn't see how the story expanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    I think Trish Out of Water is set in the same world as Fathom, but I only read the first issue and didn't see how the story expanded.
    Yeah, one of the issues has a description mentioning that she's a member of the Blue, but I haven't read a lick of that book. I just start the latest volume of Fathom and the first issue was really good.

Nice to see some interest in Aspen on these boards.

I like the mini-series format. The stories don't seem forced to keep the book count up.

It would be a little difficult to have a shared universe with their characters/storylines.

Reviving this thread to see if anyone is reading Zoo Hunters. Because WOW that book is amazing. Gorgeous art, gorgeous colours, gorgeous small character moments. It is nothing like the FCBD issue, minus the last few pages with the protagonist switch.

"ASS"pen 4LYFE

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Unless "pretty ladies kicking ass" counts as a theme.
    That's a pretty good theme.

Heard at SDCC they might be doing a team up book with Fathom, Soulfire, Executive Assistant Iris and others. Anyone hear any more on that?

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Heard at SDCC they might be doing a team up book with Fathom, Soulfire, Executive Assistant Iris and others. Anyone hear any more on that?
    I haven't heard anything more than "team book". But I imagine Fathom/Executive Assistant exist in the same universe. It was hinted at in the third volume of Fathom.