Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default The Winter Olympics and the peak humans!

The Grandmaster of the MU has been watching the Winter Olympics and is impressed by the participants. So he decides to see if the usual peak human set of heroes and villains could beat the best Olympians in skiing and snowboarding. So we have the best Olympians who win the medals in ski jump, slalom and snowboarding events (like the half pipe, etc.) Let's say the top three in each event.

So he gets folks like Bats, Robin, Cassandra Cain, Captain America, Daredevil, Taskmaster (he's a little meta) etc. They have no time to practice but if they skied for recreation that's ok if we have evidence of it. Assume that they have watched the events as usual spectators on media.

Can the comic folks win? How would you make up the teams for the events?

Taskmaster has the best shot at winning. He picks up skills just by watching them, so he doesn't even need to practice.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, Taskmaster murders the competition.

Cassandra Cain - old school, no idea about Nu - comes in second, due to her own, lesser ability to do that kind of thing.

...that is, absorb physical skills like a maniac, not murder the competition.

...having said that, I suspect any peak human who has actually DONE these things would be better than her. And I'm willing to be that there have been a comics, somewhere, where Batman and Captain America have skied.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, Taskmaster murders the competition.

Cassandra Cain - old school, no idea about Nu - comes in second, due to her own, lesser ability to do that kind of thing.

...that is, absorb physical skills like a maniac, not murder the competition.

...having said that, I suspect any peak human who has actually DONE these things would be better than her. And I'm willing to be that there have been a comics, somewhere, where Batman and Captain America have skied.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm not surprised by this. Batman is already a master of 127 different martial arts, so why wouldn't he be an expert at Winter Olympic sports?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

If nothing else, Bruce Wayne is too rich to have not skied. He used a ski accident as a cover for an injury in year one.

Wilson Fisk wins the bobsled.

By himself.

Cuz he's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Wilson Fisk wins the bobsled.

By himself.

Cuz he's fat.
    He does you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Taskmaster has the best shot at winning. He picks up skills just by watching them, so he doesn't even need to practice.
    Wait.
    Did we forget about Vargas?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Taskmaster actually did this kind of thing growing up, becoming an elite NFL level QB for his high school team just by watching a single pro game

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

i know they are not on the list (being cosmics) but what would happen if Black Racer registered for Skiing and Silver Surfer for Snowboarding...?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Surfer would turn into the snow, and troll people.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Surfer would turn into the snow, and troll people.
    I know he transmutes everything else, didn't know he transmutes himself too. when has he done it? any weird ones?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Surely this is Sportsmaster's rumble to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    I know he transmutes everything else, didn't know he transmutes himself too. when has he done it? any weird ones?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan