Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Could even say Namor's had a mouthful of the Surfer.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Surely this is Sportsmaster's rumble to lose?
    Valid point. Between him and Taskmaster...
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Could even say Namor's had a mouthful of the Surfer.
    Their relationship is complicated:

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I'm not surprised by this. Batman is already a master of 127 different martial arts, so why wouldn't he be an expert at Winter Olympic sports?
    Batman is a silver medalist at best in his own family.

Nightwing is taking all of the gold in the Bat family and might be one of the favorites in the Winter Games. Are we forgetting the acrobat who does flips for fun during a fight? Is the dour Dark Knight really beating Dick Grayson in Moguls, half-pike, Slope-style, figure skating, etc? Any sport that uses Artistic merit as a score will be Dick Grayson event to lose. He knows how to link tricks better than the rest.

Unfortunately, everyone will be looking at the blood-bath at the hockey arena. We don't know how Mayor Fisk got the Hell's Kitchen squad to work together, but between Daredevil, Bullseye, Tombstone, the competition is getting brutalized. Can anyone stop this massacre?

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Batman is a bronze medalist at best in his own family.
    FTFY. Silver goes to Cass, see Pre-Flashpoint scan below. Also, I think I have seen a new 52 scan of Cass dancing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Batman wins all three places on the podium at best in his own family.

Nightwing is taking all of the gold in the Bat family and might be one of the favorites in the Winter Games. Are we forgetting the acrobat who does flips for fun during a fight? Is the dour Dark Knight really beating Dick Grayson in Moguls, half-pike, Slope-style, figure skating, etc? Any sport that uses Artistic merit as a score will be Dick Grayson event to lose. He knows how to link tricks better than the rest.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

"Well HAPPY FATHERS DAY Surfer!!"... you can't just set that there and not have ANY context to what was going on... especially since I know those are multiple comic pics around it.... was that one of those "holiday" special comics.... or what?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    "Well HAPPY FATHERS DAY Surfer!!"... you can't just set that there and not have ANY context to what was going on... especially since I know those are multiple comic pics around it.... was that one of those "holiday" special comics.... or what?
    Even though I have read this issue (Defenders #2) multiple times over the years, I can't easily explain it. So I will give you the link to the blog where I got that picture, and let that blogger give you the context:

http://ilovetheyeti.blogspot.com/201...er-surfer.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Even though I have read this issue (Defenders #2) multiple times over the years, I can't easily explain it. So I will give you the link to the blog where I got that picture, and let that blogger give you the context:

http://ilovetheyeti.blogspot.com/201...er-surfer.html
    I mean the simplified explanation is basically just.

They tried to hurt the Surfer's fur babies.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan