Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    In the thirty-three years that have passed since the publication of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, *most* of the characters who were a part of the Pre-COIE DC Multiverse have returned in some form or another to appear in the Post-COIE DCU. Which characters (not counting one-offs) have NEVER made the transition over?

All I'm coming up with is King Kull, an old Marvel Family enemy from the Fawcett Comics days who made a number of appearances during the Pre-COIE Bronze Age after DC acquired Fawcett's properties and began publishing new adventures of the Marvels in the 1970s, but who hasn't been seen or heard from after COIE.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    IIRC, Kull also appeared in Batman The Brave and the Bold, and I think in Multiversity was well

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Have Yellow Peri or Moonbow appeared somewhere?
    Moonbow I wanna say was in an issue of Wonder Woman by Jimenez.

I miss Earth Two Richard Grayson Robin and Helena Wayne Huntress (E-2/Worlds' Finest did not count) and Sylvester Pemberton Star Spangled Kid most of all. At the time I was sorry about Kole but NTT was still great back then and I'm not invested in that character anymore. The DCU will never feel quite right to me until the JSA (all of them) are back on their earth. It doesn't mean I don't still happily spend upwards of $30 weekly on DC comics (and only DC comics) but ever since CoIE things have felt off to me. I was really invested in the Earth-One/Earth-Two relationship.

I'm not saying we didn't see Huntress and Robin in Convergence because we did. But we've only seen them in the context of some Hypertime crossover and in alt-versions on a false Earth Two in Johns' JSA. The post-Crisis history of the JSA did not include Robin or Huntress.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Cosmo, the Phantom of Disguise:
    That Cosmo story is awfully funny, unintentionally, as Cosmo supposedly learns Chinese, but this seems to be just putting on a bad Chinese accent when speaking English.

Whatever Happened to . . .

• Captain Desmo
    • Steve Conrad
    • Sandra of the Secret Service
    • Bart Regan (Spy) and Sally Norris
    • Firebrand (Rod Reilly)
    • Captain Triumph
    • Red, White and Blue
    • Jimminy and the Magic Book
    • Dover and Clover
    • Miss Beverly Hills of Hollywood
    • Miss Melody Lane of Broadway
    • Buzzy
    • Debbi
    • Scooter
    • Mars Boy
    • Sky Boy
    • Crimson Avenger II (1963)
    • Ally Babble
    • Duplicate Man
    • Monarch of Menace
    • Johnny Witts
    • Mrs Chilton
    • Dr. Dundee
    • Eterno the Immortal
    • The Marauder (1972)
    • Gregory Reed
    • Johnny Nevada
    • Nathan Warbow
    • Lola Barnett
    • Man-Fish (Sea Devils)
    • Devil-Fish (Legion of Super-Heroes)
    • Star Hunters

What about the Wildcat and Doctor Midnight introduced by Roy Thomas in Infinity, Inc.?

Also, he wasn't a pre-Crisis character, but there was another Doctor Mid-Nite that had a Prestige miniseries that no longer appears in the current DCU, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    That Cosmo story is awfully funny, unintentionally, as Cosmo supposedly learns Chinese, but this seems to be just putting on a bad Chinese accent when speaking English.

Whatever Happened to . . .

• Captain Desmo
    • Steve Conrad
    • Sandra of the Secret Service
    • Bart Regan (Spy) and Sally Norris
    • Firebrand (Rod Reilly)
    • Captain Triumph
    • Red, White and Blue
    • Jimminy and the Magic Book
    • Dover and Clover
    • Miss Beverly Hills of Hollywood
    • Miss Melody Lane of Broadway
    • Buzzy
    • Debbi
    • Scooter
    • Mars Boy
    • Sky Boy
    • Crimson Avenger II (1963)
    • Ally Babble
    • Duplicate Man
    • Monarch of Menace
    • Johnny Witts
    • Mrs Chilton
    • Dr. Dundee
    • Eterno the Immortal
    • The Marauder (1972)
    • Gregory Reed
    • Johnny Nevada
    • Nathan Warbow
    • Lola Barnett
    • Man-Fish (Sea Devils)
    • Devil-Fish (Legion of Super-Heroes)
    • Star Hunters
    Don't forget Dick Grayson's girlfriend at Hudson University!
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 02-15-2018 at 08:06 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Exactly, Jim. Really idiotic writing there.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm pretty sure Captain Triumph appeared in a Titans run well after Crisis ended.

What about Swashbuckler? He was the GA Vigilante's nephew and appeared in (I believe) only one issue of Detective Comics, pre-Crisis.

Devil-Fish (or rather, Devil-Fishes) appeared in Legionnaires, pre-Zero Hour, when the junior Legion were stationed with the survivors of Earth in their various domed cities, connected together and orbiting the Sun. I can't remember what issue number(s), off-hand.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Retired

Good to know Captain Triumph and Devil-Fish survived the Crisis. I searched for them, but didn't find any evidence--should have looked further. Captain Triumph made a cameo in THE GOLDEN AGE, but I didn't count that.

There have beens lots of characters from DC and its acquisitions that can't be used for rights issues. For example, Captain Midnight was a Fawcett character who crossed over with other heroes back in the day, but can't be used because he's owned by someone else. Likewise Blue Beetle Dan Garrett, the 1940s version of his character, can't be used but the Charlton version can (I think).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Superbaby!

Beppo!

What about the super-powered version of Streaky, the super-cat? Has there been one of those post-Crisis? I know there's been more than one version of Streaky but I don't know if there's been a super-powered one.

Captain Future. An old Earth 2 Superman villain. Has he made an appearance?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I miss Earth Two Richard Grayson Robin and Helena Wayne Huntress (E-2/Worlds' Finest did not count) and Sylvester Pemberton Star Spangled Kid most of all. At the time I was sorry about Kole but NTT was still great back then and I'm not invested in that character anymore. The DCU will never feel quite right to me until the JSA (all of them) are back on their earth. It doesn't mean I don't still happily spend upwards of $30 weekly on DC comics (and only DC comics) but ever since CoIE things have felt off to me. I was really invested in the Earth-One/Earth-Two relationship.
    I was just thinking this this morning. Like everything DC has done since then has been trying to get back to that without actually going back to that.
    Assassinate Putin!

What about Suzy Perkins? Lois Lane's niece from Earth 2?
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    What about Suzy Perkins? Lois Lane's niece from Earth 2?
    You mean Susie Thompkins. Apparently Grant Morrison brought her back during New 52.

However, I don't think Diana's young friend, Cathy Perkins, has ever made a post-COIE appearance.