Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    worst Kiss has to be from Heavy Metal 2000

search "Shartog guardian of the red river" on youtube if you dare

surprisingly good cast. Michael Ironside and others. Not as good as the original Heavy Metal tho
    Not that there was this much discussion of this sort of thing back then on the interwebs, but that kiss was indeed disturbing (yes, I dared). It also looked like the perfect example of the power fantasy by grossest, least hygenic dude at a convention demanding a woman cosplayer give in to his demands.

Also, strongly agreed on both the cast (Ironside can do no wrong) but also the original being the superior product. I've fond memories of that one and I typically watch it once every few years, but at least the writers there were upfront about the original being this teenage boy sex power fantasy turned into a cartoon, as opposed to the Shartog kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Not that there was this much discussion of this sort of thing back then on the interwebs, but that kiss was indeed disturbing (yes, I dared). It also looked like the perfect example of the power fantasy by grossest, least hygenic dude at a convention demanding a woman cosplayer give in to his demands.

Also, strongly agreed on both the cast (Ironside can do no wrong) but also the original being the superior product. I've fond memories of that one and I typically watch it once every few years, but at least the writers there were upfront about the original being this teenage boy sex power fantasy turned into a cartoon, as opposed to the Shartog kiss.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I remember seeing it on a movie channel one night when I was a kid, Stars I think.

That specific scene is so random too. It doesn't really service the film in anyway besides giving you this gross WTH moment or a pervy moment you might enjoy depending on what side you fall on I guess. To a degree this film pays homage to the original Heavy Metal, but by the same token it also misses the point all together. Cool animation tho that probably still holds up 18 years later.

Ironicaly heavy Metal 2000 probably passes the Bechdel test, whereas the original Heavy Metal only passes 1/3 of the tests. However, the original gives you a series of vignettes and not one long traditional narrative like Heavy Metal 2000 gives you.
    The J-man

I feel like I'm numb to most kisses in movies and tv, so I can only name the best and that put a smile on my face. The most recent I can remember is almost any kiss between Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin in Beetlejuice.

That Spider Man one was good too, because it is super memorable.

Fantastic Member

I'm a sucker for the Josh & Donna kiss from the West Wing. It took 7 seasons to get there, but they did.

This one counts as bad, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    This one counts as bad, right?

Terrible for Scott. GREAT for Famke Janssen and James Marsden.

Worst
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

In The Wedding Singer, Robbie and Julia's 'church kiss' was very sweet and believable.

Also liked Mina and Jonathan's kiss in the garden in Dracula. very sexy.

this seems appropriate for this thread.

Boy how times have changed
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Worst: That weird Catwoman-Batman 'kiss under the mistletoe' in Batman Returns. Just terrible and random dialogue, and looking at it from a modern perspective it was kind of rapey. Also worst: Any kiss between Leia and Luke in Star Wars.

Best-The final kiss between Han and Leia in Empire Strikes Back, right before the 'I know' line.

All-New Member

Buttercup and Dread Pirate Roberts