View Poll Results: How Would You Rate It?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • O - Outstanding

1 4.17%
  • E - Exceeds Expectations

4 16.67%
  • A - Acceptable

8 33.33%
  • P - Poor

1 4.17%
  • D - Dreadful

2 8.33%
  • T - Troll

0 0%
  • Did Not Watch

8 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Did You Think Of The Latest Animated Series(Marvel's Spider-Man)?

I thought it started decent, and steadily kept going better and better. Spider-Island and Hobgoblin saga were highlights.

Also, this was awesome:

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

I went with acceptable, as my answer of “meh” wasn’t up there.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

It isn't as good as Spectacular or my personal favorite Spider-Man TAS, but it certainly exceeded my expectations and seems to keep getting better. I thought the Hobgoblin arc was real top-notch television.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

On first impression, the animation isn't pleasing to the eye and the show seemed really fundamental to me. After Ultimate Spider-Man, I didn't have much faith in marvel animation, but after seeing some of the discussion online, I decided to catch up and am glad I did. I am a sucker for cartoons that rewards the viewer for watching in order and having good continuity, and this show does that well. Plus, there are genuinely good arcs in the show with both the side cast and the villains that are developed well. Spectacular Spider-Man is still the superior show, but this show is definitely getting a good rating in my book. I am excited for the second season, hopefully the show gets good word of mouth as it continues so we can get a third season.

Acceptable - it is okay but it is no Spectacular Spider-Man or Spider-Man the Animated Series.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-27-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Acceptable - it is okay but it is no Spectacular Spider-Man of Spider-Man the Animated Series.
    I get why a lot of us hold this series in our hearts, but if you go back and watch this series didn't really age well at all. A lot of it feels sped up, the fighting was so tame because they wanted to treat kids as if fighting didn't exist..it did a lot of things right story wise, but man it just doesn't hold up today.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I get why a lot of us hold this series in our hearts, but if you go back and watch this series didn't really age well at all. A lot of it feels sped up, the fighting was so tame because they wanted to treat kids as if fighting didn't exist..it did a lot of things right story wise, but man it just doesn't hold up today.
    I think I read somewhere that Spider-Man threw grand total of 3 punches in the whole series.

BANNED

I get why a lot of us hold this series in our hearts, but if you go back and watch this series didn't really age well at all.
    Nonsense, It holds up fine.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    It isn't as good as Spectacular or my personal favorite Spider-Man TAS, but it certainly exceeded my expectations and seems to keep getting better. I thought the Hobgoblin arc was real top-notch television.
    Haven't seen all the episodes yet but yeah, pretty much.
    Before watching it I was preparing myself for something on the same level as USM and wasn't a fan of some elements of the show, but ended up pleasantly surprised. IMO It's a fun show but nothing mindblowing. Since I don't care much about cartoons anyway, tbh this is good enough for me. It's nice having a Spidey cartoon I can simply sit down and enjoy, even if it's not on the level of Spectacular/TAS.

Haven't had a chance to see the show myself, but I find it interesting to see that it seems (at least as far as this form goes) to have earn positive reception over time when it seems like it was well hated when it was first getting started (once again, on this forum).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

havent seen the show but do they explain how miles and gwen both exist in this universe so early on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    havent seen the show but do they explain how miles and gwen both exist in this universe so early on?
    What's there to explain? They have always existed in this universe alongside Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Nonsense, It holds up fine.
    This whole scene sums up my problems with the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKRY1U5AMs

This whole scene sums up my problems with the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKRY1U5AMs
    Self bridging LOL.

Also I didn't remember that MJ sounded like a teenager in that cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Self bridging LOL.

Also I didn't remember that MJ sounded like a teenager in that cartoon.
    Neither did I. I heard that and I was like, "Wow, that... really doesn't sound good."

Nostalgia goggles can block a lot of things.