Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

We've gotten an indicator...Spencer says he'll be getting to MJ as his run goes on, but there are new love interests to consider first

So pretty much "just friends"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Really? I'd say MJ was the one damaged most by Slott. She used to be the strongest, most supportful and understanding of all of Peter's loved ones and the deconstruction left her entiely worst for wear. She then was moved off to another hero's title where they proceeded to do nothing of note with her for the next several years.

If there were any MJs that were left unscathed over the decade, they would undoubtedly be the alternate reality versions (MC2 MJ, Newspaper MJ, Ultimate MJ, and RYV MJ), all of whom remained on-point and true to her character.
    Second. I can't think of a fictional character who has not only been damaged but has also had his supporting cast ruined as badly as Slott did to Spider Man. Spencer would need to pull a Geoff Johns Green Lantern for me to start picking this book up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Symbiote View Post
    Second. I can't think of a fictional character who has not only been damaged but has also had his supporting cast ruined as badly as Slott did to Spider Man. Spencer would need to pull a Geoff Johns Green Lantern for me to start picking this book up again.
    They need to do a total OMD reversal to get me, so I think it's safe to say I'll never be reading it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Hate to break it to you all if no one has said it already but if anyone was hoping for the end of OMD well kill that hope and bury it deep because it will still stand under the new writer.
    Had a reliable source tell me this that Marvel has no intention of bringing them back together, if they remain friends at all i am still waiting for confirmation but as it is we aren't getting the two together as they should be.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Hate to break it to you all if no one has said it already but if anyone was hoping for the end of OMD well kill that hope and bury it deep because it will still stand under the new writer.
    Had a reliable source tell me this that Marvel has no intention of bringing them back together, if they remain friends at all i am still waiting for confirmation but as it is we aren't getting the two together as they should be.
    I figured OMD wouldn't get reversed, even though Slott lies a lot, he's wasted tons of time explaining to us that there are people way above his pay grade at Marvel/Disney who don't want the marriage back for some reason. Though last time I defended Slott saying stuff on here was when I thought he wouldn't leave ASM, so it's hard to take what this guy says seriously.

BANNED

Has your source said anything about Renew Your Vows and whether or not that's going to stick around? Marvel may not have any intention of putting them back together, but with that book existing, they pretty much don't have to (same with allowing the daily strip to be published)

Not saying that it was plausible, but we're not going anywhere, so the neither is the problem.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I think it's definitely part of the deal with writing Spider-Man is that you can't bring Peter and MJ back together.

Even when you look at the big scope of things, it's been 10 years since OMD, and only recently they've done references to OMD at best. MJs' role in Spider-Man media has dropped down.

It just makes sense that there are restrictions on what a writer can do in Spider-Man, and Peter and MJ being together is one of them.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Astonishing Member

They should be writen as being sound friends of each other,i am in no rush to see Peter and MJ back in a relationship again.
    I think that Status Quo had more that enough stories,in my opinion i would like much more to see Peter Parker with a new romantic interest.

They need to restore the main supporting cast, including MJ. She should be written intelligently, as pre-slott. Lois Lane isn't Booster Gold's girlfriend anymore than MJ should be in Iron Man. Shoehorning people out of the book into another is a damaging mandate to the book imo. Sure i would love some closure to the heavy elephant around the books neck of OMD and the ongoing devil deal direction. However, i can deal with MJ and Peter just have closure over Mephisto and not being remarried, although i prefer that.

Amazing Member

I hope so. But - looking on this cover, I have dark feelings:
    https://pp.userapi.com/c830308/v8303...Faaq9enUtY.jpg
    This is final "gift" from Slott (deadly)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I think it's definitely part of the deal with writing Spider-Man is that you can't bring Peter and MJ back together.

Even when you look at the big scope of things, it's been 10 years since OMD, and only recently they've done references to OMD at best. MJs' role in Spider-Man media has dropped down.

It just makes sense that there are restrictions on what a writer can do in Spider-Man, and Peter and MJ being together is one of them.
    I doubt that's the case. Marvel have no problem marketing Peter and MJ-centric variant covers, including her as a major and even playable character in an upcoming video game, and currently publishing two ongoing comic continuities where they are married

Like I've said plenty of times, Marvel presently treat 616 Peter and MJ like Ross and Rachel, a couple you know are endgame, but always have ups-and-downs and roadblocks thrown their way from now until the series becomes unprofitable (which, frankly, it's starting to)

Quote Originally Posted by Undergrizer View Post
    I hope so. But - looking on this cover, I have dark feelings:
    https://pp.userapi.com/c830308/v8303...Faaq9enUtY.jpg
    This is final "gift" from Slott (deadly)?
    Spencer said he's using MJ eventually
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-04-2018 at 03:20 AM.

I doubt that's the case. Marvel have no problem marketing Peter and MJ-centric variant covers, including her as a major and even playable character in an upcoming video game, and currently publishing two ongoing comic continuities where they are married
    We should make more mention of the PS4 game, because it's the start of Marvel's new video game strategy, and probably going to become second only to the MCU in terms of Marvel's promotions of their characters. Comics are once again being left behind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    We should make more mention of the PS4 game
    We should, it's just news on it's development is so lax presently.

Amazing Member

Spencer said he's using MJ eventually
    Proof, please.