Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Jason's big noggin aside, ..Diana was definitely the star of this issue.

For my money, the million dollar question is still: Is Jason vanishing into the purple singularity related, somehow, to the 'divine gift' he gets in April ..or return of the Amazons?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    nimbi
    Now there's a plural you don't see every day! Very nice!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

I still think Jason was simply taken by Darkseid. Though I certainly wouldn't mind other theories like Circe, mind you. But I just think he was taken to Apokolips, and we'll find out that Darkseid has plans to use him, as the son of Hippolyta, for some sort of ritual that will gain him access to Themyscira.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still think Jason was simply taken by Darkseid. Though I certainly wouldn't mind other theories like Circe, mind you. But I just think he was taken to Apokolips, and we'll find out that Darkseid has plans to use him, as the son of Hippolyta, for some sort of ritual that will gain him access to Themyscira.
    A ritual involving Amazon blood, perhaps? Might need help from a certain creepy, doll-like sorceress, with a fetish for Goth-wear, to carry it off!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Now there's a plural you don't see every day! Very nice!
    Clearly, we don't see nearly enough of Mandrake or the Sprectre, anymore. They loved travelling, by nimbi. Lol
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-17-2018 at 04:54 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

I hope it isn't Darkseid who took Jason, considering how much he was part of Robinson's first six issues, and looks to be central to the four-part story line around Themyscira. A Swan-themed three issue break from Apokolips isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I hope it isn't Darkseid who took Jason, considering how much he was part of Robinson's first six issues, and looks to be central to the four-part story line around Themyscira. A Swan-themed three issue break from Apokolips isn't enough.
    Darkseid's Omega beams are always red-toned, and the Boom Tube doesn't manifest as a fiery nimbus-like thing. The singularity that swallowed Prince Jason was emphatically purple and fiery, and I can't guess who or what that means or points to; the first thing I thought of was Circe, but - who knows?

Maybe, it was...miscolored? Even if it was a miscolored Boom Tube or Omega beams, it had a strange shape that didn't resemble any past or recent descriptions of the Tube that I've seen.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-18-2018 at 03:13 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Dr. Psycho tease at the end makes me think that Robinson has long-term plans for WW.

Considering the color is off from Omega Beams or Boom Tubes, maybe its Grail that did it. Either way, the Kirby dots still have me thinking something New God related.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Darkseid's Omega beams are always red-toned, and the Boom Tube doesn't manifest as a fiery nimbus-like thing. The singularity that swallowed Prince Jason was emphatically purple and fiery, and I can't guess who or what that means or points to; the first thing I thought of was Circe, but - who knows?

Maybe, it was...miscolored? Even if it was a miscolored Boom Tube or Omega beams, it had a strange shape that didn't resemble any past or recent descriptions of the Tube that I've seen.
    I'm thinking Circe.

Boom Tubes appear differently and Omega Beams are typically all angle-y, like stylized lighting bolts.

This nimbus, Kirby Krackle energy feels more Circe-like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm thinking Circe.

Boom Tubes appear differently and Omega Beams are typically all angle-y, like stylized lighting bolts.

This nimbus, Kirby Krackle energy feels more Circe-like to me.
    An alliance, between Circe and Darkseid, will define this run, more than even the intro of Jason. For many DC fans, this will put Wonder Woman villains on the map.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I hope the lack of posts in this thread is an indication that people just aren't really buying this run so DC will wise up and put someone new on the book, fast.
    Seems there has been a general lack of interest in WW's latest issues for quite some time.

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either.

"I'm more of a warrior than a planner." Guess we won't be seeing the wisdom of Athena any time soon. The line could have said "...than an investigator." and that would matched up well to Steve's purported skills as a spy. But no, we have to diss Diana's ability to think ahead. Sigh.

And while I love Steve, how in the hell can a bunch of well trained soldiers be a problem for the Female Furies? They're GODS for crying out loud!

The resolution to the fight was good. I was disappointed Jason isn't dead yet.
    Last edited by brettc1; 02-20-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

The March 2018 solicits for WW #43 say, "...All his life, Wonder Woman’s brother Jason has longed to meet his mother, Hippolyta, but the machinations of the gods have made it impossible. But now, with the barrier between worlds at its thinnest, could they come face to face at last? Should Wonder Woman help him return home, if it could lead to the destruction of the Amazons?..."
    No, that would be irresponsible and stupid.

So no doubt they will write her doing it. Because doing a stupid thing for love trumps using your brain.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

An alliance, between Circe and Darkseid, will define this run, more than even the intro of Jason. For many DC fans, this will put Wonder Woman villains on the map.
    Is Darkseid looking for a divine queen to help retake his throne perhaps? Poor guy hasn't had any love since Suli, Tigra, or Myrina Black.

A Darkseid and Circe team up would indeed be epic. I can't recall if they've ever met, but I don't think they have. If she's still looking for a soul this (and sacrificing Jason) might be one way to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    No, that would be irresponsible and stupid.

So no doubt they will write her doing it. Because doing a stupid thing for love trumps using your brain.
    Like when your editor allows a new writer to ignore a popular supporting cast and replace it, with nothing? Sounds familiar, over here...

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Is Darkseid looking for a divine queen to help retake his throne perhaps? Poor guy hasn't had any love since Suli, Tigra, or Myrina Black.

A Darkseid and Circe team up would indeed be epic. I can't recall if they've ever met, but I don't think they have. If she's still looking for a soul this (and sacrificing Jason) might be one way to get it.
    I'm typing in all kinds of names, looking for this teleporting, purple-hole Wonder-villain, and I'm not coming up with much. I found a couple pics of Doctor Cyber zapping purple from her gloved hands, but, otherwise, ..it sure looks like Circe, here. I guess it could be Darkseid...who knows?

And there's another million dollar question...is he covered in that purplish gray crust, ..all ver? Now, there's the visual that'll makes you throw out your next five Wonder Woman comics.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-21-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Our poor Doctor Cyber is sadly now more of a tech AI than an armored, magenta-eldritch-firing technomystic leader of a Bondian spy organization these days. (And were the poorer for it.)

Besides, I didn't think sorcery left residue?