Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default I'm New To Black Panther? Is This Accurate?

I found this elsewhere on the internet. And while I understand the joke is putting a bipartisan spin on it; from what little I've read of BP he did try to keep Wakanda and it's people isolated from the rest of the world. He didn't allow other people that weren't Wakandas in either. And being a monarchy he certainly wasn't interested in democracy.

With all the buzz around the new BP movie being a mostly minority film and a celebration of that; do you think this is the direction the film will take. BP doesn't seem anymore a ideal role model for his circumstances than excusing Magneto for his methods because of his circumstances.

Did you look at any other sources for information regarding Black Panther?

Maybe the Marvel website?

I don't read BP, but I follow the gist of his character. That meme is mostly accurate and hysterical lol. In fact, the entire Inhumans line fit that meme to a T for nearly their entire publication history (save the past like 5 years).

Invincible Member

He's as alt-right as Wonder Woman, DC and Marvel Atlantis, comic book Inhumans, and comic book Asgard. Where are the memes about them?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Did you look at any other sources for information regarding Black Panther?

Maybe the Marvel website?
    Good point. I read some on Wikipedia but I'll check it out thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He's as alt-right as Wonder Woman, DC and Marvel Atlantis, comic book Inhumans, and comic book Asgard. Where are the memes about them?
    Im sure there's a motive to it. I'd agree with you with Asgard. Never read enough of the other characters to make a valid statement.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    I found this elsewhere on the internet. And while I understand the joke is putting a bipartisan spin on it; from what little I've read of BP he did try to keep Wakanda and it's people isolated from the rest of the world. He didn't allow other people that weren't Wakandas in either. And being a monarchy he certainly wasn't interested in democracy.

With all the buzz around the new BP movie being a mostly minority film and a celebration of that; do you think this is the direction the film will take. BP doesn't seem anymore a ideal role model for his circumstances than excusing Magneto for his methods because of his circumstances.

Some of that is arguably true about Wakanda in the past... but T'CHalla is actually a fairly progressive leader. His former fiancé and his former wife were both non-Wakandan, so he wasn't terribly isolationist. And despite being a part of a monarchy, he ended up allowing Democracy in Wakanda. He is in fact an agent of change. Or in the least he doesn't oppose it.

Fantastic Member

Oh yeah he married Ororo in Preists run? I remember a cover of her and BP on the shelves when it came out.

The picture is true with a negative slant. Outsider looking in would see all those things I guess but I'm a person where the "WHY" actually matters.

Looking at Wakanda just based off the picture provided would be unfair. At least in my opinion.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-14-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Im sure there's a motive to it. I'd agree with you with Asgard. Never read enough of the other characters to make a valid statement.
    Definitely look at other sources. It's not as black and white as it looks in that meme.

Ultimate Member

It's as true as statements lacking context or thoughts to long term applications can be.

Which means it's all but lies.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    None of them are as overpraised by leftists as Black Panther's movie, not even Wonder Woman, that's why lol.

Good lord, who let /pol/ on CBR?

That hat doesn't go with his outfit at all.

Invincible Member

The motive is, it's someone's feeble attempt at "irony". It's like when someone says isn't it funny that atheists don't believe in God, but they're just like a religion themselves. It shows a massive misunderstanding of who/what they're trying to spoof.

The meme was obviously created by someone that is a BP fan and he is trolling people.