Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So when is Magneto gonna come for Jean?

He always saw himself as the leader of mutantkind and he achieved that when he got Genosha, leading a mutant nation with his Acolyte worshippers. When Cyclops stepped up, Magneto stepped aside and supported him. Now Jean has come forward and wants to be a leader for mutantkind. I cant imagine Magneto will stay hidden for too long. How Magneto react to Jean? Support her like he did Scott? Or oppose her?

Jean has NEVER had any love for Magneto. She was horrified when she came back in the 80s and found out the X-men working with him as he was the headmaster to the school. Her only memories of him were of him trying to kill her as a teenager. She never as an X-men during any of his stints so she doesnt have fond thoughts about him like her friends. Their last canon appearance was in Eve of Destruction where she led a team to defeat him. (not to mention she was murdered by a man that impersonated him)

Theres also the thing about her younger self being mentored by the man that she hates. How does that make her feel?

Ultimate Member

You'd think that she at the very least wouldn't want to work with him if not outright oppose him...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    You'd think that she at the very least wouldn't want to work with him if not outright oppose him...
    Time goes on, people change or adapt even if temporary.

Don’t get me wrong, I think adult jean’s reaction to the 05 working work magneto is a juicy nugget thy I’d love to see on panel. I just dont think it’s out of the question that adult jean would work with magneto, depending on their shared goals whenever they eventually reunite.

Maybe we will get to see this interaction sooner than later.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I don't see Magneto helping or supporting her, but I also feel like he won't be in her way. From his perspective, he's over whatever beef they had and simply wouldn't care anymore.

Jean will most likely have issues with Magneto just waltzing around and will probably keep him at arms length. If Magneto ever does act up though, I think Jean will go full force without hesitation.
    But I really feel like both characters are different characters than they were. I'm almost thinking that it'll be similar to Xavier's professional relationship with Magneto. Not saying Jean and Mags would be besties (hell they don't even have to be cordial), but I feel like they'd give each other the courtesy of staying out of the other's way.

I REALLY want to see Polaris thrown in the mix. Jean learned Magneto was her father before her death but at the time she thought Magneto was dead. He's since reunited with and bonded with Lorna who now works very closely with him again. I wonder what the dynamics between the best friends would be

BANNED

Well, Beast and Logan accused Scott of being a terrorist for working with Magneto. So she probably doesn't want to be a terrorist.

On the other hand, the O5 are working with Magneto... sigh.
    Well, maybe Logan thinks better about it... and Beast... and Jean... Or not... sigh.

Well, let's wait and see...

Jeen's relationship to Magneto is irrelevant, because they have to be mindwiped when they return to the past,right?

Anyways, Magneto's goals always center around the betterment of mutantkind; if he believes in Jean's plan, and should she require his help or if he thinks she needs his help, he will offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Jeen's relationship to Magneto is irrelevant, because they have to be mindwiped when they return to the past,right?

Anyways, Magneto's goals always center around the betterment of mutantkind; if he believes in Jean's plan, and should she require his help or if he thinks she needs his help, he will offer it.
    Its not irrelevant. I dont think Jean will be cool with Magneto mentoring her younger self. She should still have a very bad view of him and probably thinks he's corrupting her. Im not sure Jean would trust Magneto if he came pledging his support. Several X-men can vouch for him but as we saw in X-men #20 when he killed the Future Brotherhood, he still uses methods Jean doesnt approve of and I'd see her having a problem forming an alliance with him
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-14-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not irrelevant. I dont think Jean will be cool with Magneto mentoring her younger self. She should still have a very bad view of him and probably thinks he's corrupting her. Im not sure Jean would trust Magneto if he came pledging his support. Several X-men can vouch for him but as we saw in X-men #20 when he killed the Future Brotherhood, he still uses methods Jean doesnt approve of and I'd see her having a problem forming an alliance with him
    lol, good point, I forgot that Jean might have an issue with Magneto mentoring her younger self. I was thinking about it in terms of how he would affect Jeen's growth...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post

Well betterment is a subjective term, Magneto has his own view of things that often are very different than others...

When Jean died she thought Magneto killed her .... so how is he going to explain it wasn't him?

Adult Jean hasn't had many good encounters with Magneto. At the same time he doesn't seem focused on building a new world at the moment though that moment can always end quickly.

I REALLY want to see Polaris thrown in the mix. Jean learned Magneto was her father before her death but at the time she thought Magneto was dead. He's since reunited with and bonded with Lorna who now works very closely with him again. I wonder what the dynamics between the best friends would be
    Politics was lurking in the background of their 2002-2003 appearances. Neither were actually trying to do something political at the time so it really didn't matter. I am interested as well to see how the dynamics do go.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-14-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    When Jean died she thought Magneto killed her .... so how is he going to explain it wasn't him?
    Well I dont think he has anything to explain. A quick TP scan is enough to tell her all she needs to know

BANNED

Well I dont think he has anything to explain. A quick TP scan is enough to tell her all she needs to know
    I'm pretty sure cyclops gave her the update after she read his mind6

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I'm pretty sure cyclops gave her the update after she read his mind6
    Or not. She wasnt with him long and scanned him to see if he was real or a figment created by the Phoenix. I dont think she would have gotten that info from him and it in and of itself would have been second hand as Scott only knows that Magneto told him. With that said, she was likely briefed already by all the X-men, not to mention Cerebro's files