View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Green Lantern?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alan Scott

12 7.02%
  • Hal Jordan

63 36.84%
  • Guy Gardner

10 5.85%
  • John Stewart

32 18.71%
  • Kyle Rayner

27 15.79%
  • Simon Baz

3 1.75%
  • Jessica Cruz

24 14.04%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Legacy Showdown: Green Lantern

Legacy showdown is a civil debate and poll on which version of a superhero or supervillain mantle a fan prefers. DC is known for it's use of legacy and there are definitely plenty of examples to discuss.
    Since the previous threads featured KILLER FROST and EL DIABLO , two morally ambiguous and relatively lesser known legacies, I figured it was time to up the ante with one of DC's most iconic "legacies": Green Lantern!

Alan Scott vs Hal Jordan vs Guy Gardner vs John Stewart vs Kyle Rayner vs Simon Baz vs Jessica Cruz

Who do you prefer and why?

PS: I know you warned me FlashFreak, but I like to live dangerously lol
    Last edited by El_Gato; 02-14-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Which "Alan Scott"? The straight one or the gay one?

Well this should be entertaining!

I’ve always been a Hal Jordan fan and he is probably my second or third favorite DC character. I think the main reason why I like him so much is because of his redemption story. We all screw up, but our mistakes do not ultimately define us. It’s about how we bounce back and that is what I admire about Hal. That and he doesn’t back down from anyone or anything.

This was a little tough because I am an Alan Scott fan too, but more so because of his JSA connections rather than Lantern stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Which "Alan Scott"? The straight one or the gay one?
    Whichever one you like more lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Hal, mostly because of moments like this.

Extraordinary Member

I like Alan as a concept

When Hal works, he really, Really works. But he rarely works at that level

Guy is just plain fun

John, I have to love because of my childhood

Kyle is a great concept, but ever since the Corps came back he's been kind of listless

Bax, I don't know much about But I've heard he's alright

Jessica, I really love her. She's my favorite nowadays

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Hal Jordan. He was my first introduction to the Green Lantern mythology when I was a kid and remains my favourite.

I'm genuinely fond of all of them though. Like many other Lantern fans on here, Jessica Cruz has become a firm favourite. If there was a second choice available here as well then I probably would have voted for her next.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I really can't decide between Kyle and Guy, love them both.

Kyle is the first Lantern that I have read of, I've learned what means beeing a Lantern along with him. His relationship with Donna was one of my favorite.

Guy is pure fun, he grew in me day by day, becoming one of my favorite characters ever. Loved him as Warrior and Red Lantern too.

Hal - Never been really connected with him. Anyway he still is THE green lantern to me.

John - Never had the spark with him too. He's the proper leader of the GLC, the most intelligent.

Baz & Cruz - I've tried to read their book, didn't find nothing interesting. I found their relationship and evolution too expected and predictable. Leaved the book after 15 issues.
    Not a fan of their presence in the Justice League.

Alan Scott - I've read too little featuring Alan to judge or rank, to me he's Jade father and the oldest Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Well this should be entertaining!

I’ve always been a Hal Jordan fan and he is probably my second or third favorite DC character. I think the main reason why I like him so much is because of his redemption story. We all screw up, but our mistakes do not ultimately define us. It’s about how we bounce back and that is what I admire about Hal. That and he doesn’t back down from anyone or anything.

This was a little tough because I am an Alan Scott fan too, but more so because of his JSA connections rather than Lantern stuff.
    Hal Jordan as Green Lantern was what got me started with DC Comics back in the mid 70’s, he’ll probably always be my favourite... But the JSA is by far my favourite group and the Alan Scott Green Lantern has always been a big favourite of mine... Sadly though, the vote was easy because until DC pulls it’s thumb out of its arse, there currently no Alan Scott to actually vote for

BANNED

John
    Jessica
    Kyle
    Simon
    Hal
    Guy

Didn’t list Alan because I barely had read anything about him.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

1. John Stewart — John has really managed to make the stoic character work well. I usually don't like such characters, but his presence is very believable as a leader figure, which I hope will remain prominent for his character.
    2. Guy Gardner — Guy is just always fun to read. You just know that whenever he's around you are bound to be entertained. His "stupid willpower" sets him apart.
    3. Hal Jordan — I know a lot of people don't like "daredevil" Hal, but I like it. I like that he's considered the greatest lantern that ever lived and that's he's the guy you rely on when the chips are down.
    4. Jessica Cruz — While she was easily my third favorite around the start of Green Lanterns, I feel like they have really dropped the ball in handling her anxiety—it's only ever used as a plot point and is otherwise just summed up as "I'm nervous". Also, along with Baz, they also dropped the ball on distinguishing how she uses the ring from the others.
    5. Simon Baz — Good in concept, but, along with Jess, I feel they really dropped the ball on showing what differentiation him as a green lantern from the rest. His entire thing seems to be that " he does the impossible", but really, that's pretty much the status quo for most green lanterns, especially Kyle
    6. Alan Scott — Don't really know much about him, although I do like the fact that he has a family and I like that his ring actually has a weakness, especially since these days the rings seemingly have no limits.
    7. Kyle Rayner — Along with Alan, I'm really not all that familiar with Kyle. His main thing seems to be that he's super nice, and while there's nothing inherently bad about being nice, I feel like when you have this many lanterns to compete with you have to be a little more than "nice".

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

This guy, every time.

760c05f3e257e724955c7a2bc75e0c5a.jpg
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well Gato, perhaps I was wrong and this will be kept civil. Knock on wood!

1. Hal
    2. Guy
    3. Alan
    4. John
    5. Kyle
    6. Simon
    7. Jessica
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

BANNED

Always and forever Kyle