Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The original X-Men will always be my favorite team, and the 1975 team comes in a close second, but has there been a single great X-Men created since Kitty Pryde appeared in the book? I can't think of one.

Sandy Hausler
    You're more than welcome to your opinion and I like Kitty but Rogue, Dazzler, Psylocke, Gambit, Jubilee and many others can also hold the title of "Great X-Men".

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    What an oddly provocative opinion based thread for a "moderator" to begin.
    LOL, I thought the same thing but Mods can have an opinion too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Rogue
    Gambit
    Dani Moonstar
    Dazzler
    Cannonball
    Wolfsbane
    Monet
    Magik
    Cable
    Bishop
    X-23
    Longshot
    Shatterstar
    Rictor
    Emma Frost

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I thought he was trolling until i saw the blue name. I was going to say something sassy at first but I'll just say

Rogue > Kitty
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

I understand where Sandy Hausler is coming from.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Pryde#Reception
    Kitty Pryde has been well received as a comic book character and as a member of the X-Men. Wizard magazine put her at number #13 in 200 Greatest Comic Characters of All Time. She was the highest female comic character in the list beating rivals such as Wonder Woman, Buffy Summers, and She-Hulk.[91] IGN ranked her as the 47th greatest comic book hero of all time stating that "as X-Men writers have often found it useful to introduce younger teen recruits to offset the experienced members of the team, Kitty Pryde set the standard when she debuted, and none have surpassed her".[92] IGN rated Kitty Pryde #3 on its list of the Top 25 X-Men from the Past 40 Years describing her as the mutant everyman, the common girl turned superhero; IGN also stated that as her pet dragon, Lockheed, "became instantly attached to Kitty, [they] were hooked early on".[93] Marvel.com ranked her as the tenth greatest X-Men member stating that "unquestionably, the dynamic of the X-Men shifted entirely when teenage whiz kid Kitty Pryde joined the team in the early 1980s"; Marvel.com also stated that even though Kitty has since blossomed into a young woman of considerable maturity and power, she remains the access point to the X-Men for countless readers.[94] A later list on Marvel's website, ranking the top 50 X-Men characters, placed her in first place, citing the ease of identifying with her for the audience, and her development over the years.

After Kitty came
    Rogue
    Psylocke
    Gambit
    Bishop
    Cable
    Magik

BANNED

Yeah I remember that list, probably Bendis put her in first place since both of them are Jewish. The best access points for X-Men are wolverine, jean, Cyclops, Storm and Rogue, compared to them kitty is a nobody.

It's just my opinion, and I apologize if I have offended anyone in expressing it.

I was just interested in the views of others on this question. Just attempting to start a civil discussion.

Sandy Hausler

And you're an actual moderator? Which thread do you Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Very strange you would stop thinking of great x-men after kitty seeing as she isn’t that great at all and many that came after her actually are...

Rogue
    Psylocke
    Cable
    Gambit
    Sunspot
    Dazzler
    Cannonball
    Jubilee
    X-23
    Bishop

There really are a BUNCH of influential x-men that have come after the “great” Kitty Pryde
    I certainly didn't mean to imply that Kitty is greater than any of the X-Men who preceded her on the team. Maybe I shouldn't have included her and stopped with the X-Men who appeared in Giant-Size X-Men #1, but it seems to me that she is the last member who can be seen as part of that team even though she wasn't there from the start.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    LOL, I thought the same thing but Mods can have an opinion too.
    Thanks. Again, not attempting to be provocative.

Sandy Hausler

And you're an actual moderator? Which thread do you Mod?
    The DC board.

Sandy Hausler

Heh. Okay.
    Welcome to the X-Boards. Hope you survive the experience.

Most of my favorite characters were created after Kitty Pryde tbh. However, I think it is difficult to compare characters that were conceived during such a classic era AND have that much more history measured in decades.

Rouge for sure. Psylocke, Gambit, Bishop, Cable, Domino, Moonstar, Magik, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, Rachel, Blink, Jubilee, Forge, Emma, Monet, and X-23 to a lesser but still present degree. After that's it's somewhat debatable. I would say that arguably there hasn't been a single great X-Man character created this century except for X-23. But even then, the last time before her was probably a good decade before that, when Generation X started and Emma began her path to redemption. Though I like Marrow and Cecelia I can't call them GREAT. And that's been nearly 25 years....so really, only one in well over 2 decades is not a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Rouge for sure. Psylocke, Gambit, Bishop, Cable, Domino, Moonstar, Magik, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, Rachel, Blink, Jubilee, Forge, Emma, Monet, and X-23 to a lesser but still present degree. After that's it's somewhat debatable. I would say that arguably there hasn't been a single great X-Man character created this century except for X-23. But even then, the last time before her was probably a good decade before that, when Generation X started and Emma began her path to redemption. Though I like Marrow and Cecelia I can't call them GREAT. And that's been nearly 25 years....so really, only one in well over 2 decades is not a whole lot.
    Were all those characters X-men? They are certainly X-related characters, but I was only referring to characters who were actually members of the X-Men. (It may well be that most of them have actually been members of the X-Men by now, but I thought Blink died before she was recruited for Generation X; the Exiles Blink was not a member of the X-Men to my knowledge.)

Sandy Hausler

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wade Wilson.