Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Kitty Pryde is so great that a musician goes by her name. Intellectual Property theft anyone?

Astonishing Member

Oh, one of these kinds of threads. You can see them pop up from time to time.

The thing with comic book fandom and X-Men fandom in particular is that it's kind of generational. And people who read comics at different points in time are going to see greatness in different characters depending on who's getting play. And sometimes those people will see greatness when others can't. There are characters that are big stars in the Marvel Universe right now who weren't anything 20 years ago, but some writer who loved them got to show what they loved (for example, Luke Cage was treated like a joke back in the '90s. And for that matter, who even was Star-Lord).

But getting back to X-Men, it's pretty much always been this way. Right now, I'm just glad to see that people who like the characters that were associated with the '90s are around. When I first got on comic book message boards, most of the people who were around agreed with our OP's opinion. Any character created after 1987 was disliked. But at the same time, while I may see characters like Jubilee and Bishop as great, I have trouble seeing it in many of the newer characters. For example, I'm still not sure what's so great about X-23. But that seems to be how these things go.

Rogue is the only one I can think of.

Kitty is ok. i don't know why so many people like her.

but OT: a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    You're right. She almost got run over by a tractor in Giant-Size X-Men #1.

Sandy Hausler
    you are oddly confrontational for a mod. for someone that knows that obscure detail, you should know that Dementia5 meant Magik being older with her mutant (and mystical) powers.

Rogue
    Psylocke
    Gambit
    X-23
    Cable

IMO

The easiest answer is Rogue and I can confidently say that she is much more iconic than Kitty (but then again I am not a Kitty fan, so...)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Rogue
    Magik
    X-23
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wade Wilson.
    Does he count? If so then him. If it only people who are "X-men Proper" then Rogue... rogue was so much. Flying brick rogue was one the best things ever.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

I am sure Rogue is a more popular character than Kitty. Because of the cartoon, and because Kitty spent a lot of years in Excalibur. She pretty much wasnt a core XMen character from the mid 80s till the Whedon run in the mid 2000s. And even after that she tends to not be there during many of the worst crises of mutants. Recently she spent the terrigen mist period romancing Star Lord in space.

Rogue, Gambit, Forge, Cable, Domino, X-23, Pixie,

Subjectively, any number, depending on who a reader likes.
    Objectively, if you equate "great" with "iconic", then I'd say Rogue is probably the only one that can't be disputed as iconic that came afterwards.

Gambit and Jubilee gained popularity through the TV show, but dropped in comics as soon as the 90s passed. Gambit has more of a following than Jubilee because of being Rogue's love interest for so long, though. They were probably the closest the Xmen got to a soap opera couple, for awhile, there.

I'm not sure I'd call Cable iconic, but he'll definitely be more known after the next Deadpool movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    Many, many, many have been created since Kitty...and she is not that great.
    While im not one of the the loyal Kitty fans but Kitty was the character created to be the realest xmen character, i think.

Also Wizard Magazine's 200 Greatest comic characters has Kitty at #13. 13 May be a bit not special since its already kinda far from number 1, but she is the highest ranking female of Wizard's list, beating Storm and Wonder Woman.

Emma
    Jubilee
    Rogue
    M
    Gambit
    Psylocke

This whole thread is based of personal opinion though. Can't really have a clear determination. Are you a bored moderator trolling for business?
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 02-16-2018 at 09:50 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    If you consider Kitty a "great" X-man......I think your views are already skewed as hell.
    Cyclops says she's the best of them.

Hmm... maybe you're right?

NAW!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier