Thread: Nomad

Default Nomad

What ever happened to her? (I'm obviously not talking about the Steve Rogers or Jack Monroe versions.) She was the Bucky of Counter-Earth (and before that Jim Lee-Earth). She came to Earth and was a backup for a short while in some book (probably Cap, but I'm not sure about that), and after that I have no recollection of seeing her again. Can anyone enlighten me?

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    What ever happened to her? (I'm obviously not talking about the Steve Rogers or Jack Monroe versions.) She was the Bucky of Counter-Earth (and before that Jim Lee-Earth). She came to Earth and was a backup for a short while in some book (probably Cap, but I'm not sure about that), and after that I have no recollection of seeing her again. Can anyone enlighten me?

Sandy Hausler
    I think she was killed off in the Onslaught Unleashed mini.

Check out this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Onslaught-Unl...ught+Unleashed

Appearently, Rikki never left Cpunter Earth. She died at the end of Onslaught Reborn, by Loeb and Liefeld, and what came to our world was a psychic construct that would eventually set Onslaught free.

Sorry if, like me, you enjoyed the character.

Peace

Incredible Member

If you mean specifically the Rikki Barnes Nomad (that Loeb and Liefeld created as some kind of odd follow up to the Heroes Reborn titles that had already been long tied up) yes, she died during the Onslaught Reborn title.

However, the "original, original" Rikki Barnes from the Heroes Reborn titles came to the real MU when Franklin and the Celestial Ashema pulled that planet into the system and set it up as the new Counter-Earth. She was last see as the leader of that planet's Young Allies (going by the monkier Bucky) in a couple of issues of Exiles, IIRC.

She appeared in the same role in Thunderbolts at the end of the original series, Jolt joined them and remained there on Counter Earth until she recently got sent back by them. I don't know if Exiles was before or after this.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman