Thread: Hellmail

Default Hellmail

I think it's time I revived this old thread...

Quote Originally Posted by B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Devil's Wings (Part 2)
    Laurence has really proven himself as one of our go-to guys for a good creepy tale. While he's taken over as our regular cover artist, you aren't going to see him on interiors for a little while, as we're saving him up for the biggest story since the end of the Plague of Frogs saga.
    Having Laurence Campbell doing more covers is fine by me. And the biggest story since the end of the Plague of Frogs saga? Hell yes!

Last edited by middenway; 07-17-2014 at 07:15 AM.

I wish he was doing every issue. His realistic style works well with the more grounded nature of BPRD. His arcs have continually been my favorite.

All-New Member

Love his work! I hope he's working in the Mignolaverse for a long, long time.

Fantastic tale! I love these one or two issue shorts. The artistic spectrum that Scott & Mike have assembled here is top notch. Looking forward to more from Campbell.

Default Hellmail from "Abe Sapien #16: Sacred Places (Part 1)"

There was some interesting stuff in the latest Hellmail...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Allie
    I hope you guys have been enjoying the one-shots―I've been enjoying doing stories that pay off in one issue. This is a two-parter, leading into the first-ever five-parter in the series, although the structure of the five-parter is unusual . . . We're heading into something big, though, and many of the people introduced in this issue will be important to that arc, so I hope we're doing a good job of letting you get to know them.
    Mattias Nilsson wrote in praising Tyler Crook's work on Witchfinder (I love what he's doing on that title), to which Scott replied:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Allie
    Tyler was just saying the other day that he felt like he'd connected with Witchfinder better than any other Mignola stuff. We'd all loved his work on the series, and I think you'll love it throughout.
    I really hope Tyler gets many more Witchfinder stories. He's fantastic on it.

Laurence Campbell's art is great. Would also love to see more from James Harren.

Quote Originally Posted by Weekend Warrior View Post
    Laurence Campbell's art is great. Would also love to see more from James Harren.
    Laurence Campbell is busy working on something BIG for the future, but in the meantime he'll be doing covers for the issues and trades of B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth. James Harren will be back on B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth in November for a five-issue arc, and then in December he and John Arcudi will be teaming up for a creator-owned ongoing book with Image, Rumble.
    Last edited by middenway; 09-11-2014 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    ...and then in December he and John Arcudi will be teaming up for a creator-owned ongoing book with Image, Rumble.
    Oh, you just made me happy. =) I wasn't aware of that project. Insta-buy for me.