Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Side note i loved Tchakas Black Panther costume.
    Aw man, King T'Chaka had one of the coldest intros ever. I guess they mined Vibranium different in 1992 cause you heard the metal clink on that suit. I wished he have stood back so I could see the whole thing move. Between the editing and CGI that flood movies nowadays I look for the practicle stuff whenever I can get it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Aw man, King T'Chaka had one of the coldest intros ever. I guess they mined Vibranium different in 1992 cause you heard the metal clink on that suit. I wished he have stood back so I could see the whole thing move. Between the editing and CGI that flood movies nowadays I look for the practicle stuff whenever I can get it.
    I think Tchalla pioneered the Vibramium mesh and then Shuri took it to the next level. Well he made the civil war suit, maybe someone else made the mesh and he just used it. They dont really say but they make it sounds like his suit was impressive but Shuri just took it to another level. The fact he made his suit is all the hints we get to how smart he is. It really never comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Id have to guess one shot, its the one safe place to put him
    Iono i was getting some vibes from him and shuri. I wouldnt be surprised if he becomes a regular in Wakanda. If cap died and Buckys takes up the mantle then maybe not but if Sam becomes Cap then i can see Bucky staying in Wakanda and becoming an ally to Tchalla. Id say its 60/40 right now in favor that it was a one shot thing.

I watched Black Panther over the weekend and it's a solid film. It's amazing that it made so much in the box office on one weekend. I liked the Killmonger character and it’d’ve been great if wasn’t killed off after one movie. Am I wrong or does the hype/anticipation for Infinity War help this film because of the hope we might receive some type foreshadowing for the blockbuster in two months.

I saw the movie last night and thought it was awesome. I liked a lot of the character interaction and the romance subplots were pretty good for Marvel (they tend to be hit or miss to me). I'm actually curious about how the side romance between Okoye and W'kabi ends playing out in the sequel. I didn't mind the end credits scene but I rather Nakia was the one helping Bucky instead of Shuri (it feels more her wheelhouse).

Killmonger is a good villain especially in a Marvel movie but I didn't see him as a Heath Ledger Joker worthy moment in Superhero movies. I think he makes more sense than most marvel villians but I can't really call him an anti-villain. He's a dark mirror to Wakanda's isolationist policies and he helps T'challa commit to Nakia's way of thinking rather than continuing to be isolationist (indirectly I mean).

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

The movie has now taken in $361 mil including worldwide receipts, but it only includes 60% of the take internationally. Which means they still haven't counted the other 40% yet. Most likely, the total weekend haul over the weekend when it's all counted up will be over $400 mil and closer to $450. That is amazing and great news for the movie and BP.

Also, a BP 2 is almost a for sure thing. They are already asking the director if he'll do a 2nd movie.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post
    Excellent review Whovian!
    Excelsior!

Daoud
    Thanks Daoud
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wonder if Bucky will end up being a regular on the mcu BP mythos or if this is just a one shot appearance leading into Infinity War.
    I don't think he will be in BP anymore. We know he's in IW and from there I expect to see him in a solo film of his own.

I'm trying to think how I would rate the top five best Marvel movies right now and it's hard. I guess this would be my rank in no particular order:

Captain America WS
    Captain America Civil War
    Black Panther
    GotG
    Avengers

I feel like I'm forgetting one though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I'm trying to think how I would rate the top five best Marvel movies right now and it's hard. I guess this would be my rank in no particular order:

Captain America WS
    Captain America Civil War
    Black Panther
    GotG
    Avengers

I feel like I'm forgetting one though.
    You didn’t like Spider Man Homecoming or Thor Ragnork? But my list is very similar to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    You didn’t like Spider Man Homecoming or Thor Ragnork? But my list is very similar to this.
    Oh, absolutely. They were great. So was Iron Man. But they don't make my top five anymore. Iron Man would be the next best at 6th place for me.

My knowledge of Black Panther is pretty limited. I actually have his first appearance in FF & a bunch of comics with him but don't think I've read a comic with him since the 80's. That was kind of refreshing because I knew I lot of the basics but not enough to nitpick like I sometimes do with comic movies. I really enjoyed it! I was completely engrossed for the most part. I think I faded a little towards the end but I do with every movie once it nears the 2 hour mark. To me, Black Panther seemed overpowered but again, I'm mostly familiar with the character from decades ago. Yikes!! Really solid movie though! 8 out of 10 for me.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Just seen it at 1:30 today(Sunday) Was sold out all weekend. I thought they did a good job presenting BP in his first movie. His father was shown in the role of BP and the circumstances that are relevant to his son current situation.Then we see the challenge to the throne, that i thought was done well and can be explored more in future movies and comics. Shuri was a delight, hoping we get to see her in a BP suit in the future. Dora Milaje represented. I liked the moments of KillMonger visiting his father in the ancestral realm.

Mbaku i think was updated well to fit the movie concept. Shuri has me waiting for more. Overall great movie. 2 thumbs up.

The movie also showed that BP is a different type of Marvel U hero, and he conducts things in a different manner. Great movie.

I have question. During the events of Civil War, T’chakka was still the king so he would have had the abilities of the Black Panther - including durability; so why was he, rather easily, taken out by the UN explosion if T’challa was able to survive it?

Saw this yesterday. I enjoyed it very much.

The part I liked the most was the connection they made with the black experience in America and Wakanda represented by Killmonger and his father. This gave the movie much more power and I find unfortunate that they had to kill Killmonger cause he was an interesting character and he could have had a redemption down the line if say in 3 movies from now Marvel would want to replace Tchalla, Killmonger could have become a more Americanized version of Black Panther tied to the BP movement.

As far as the things I liked less was(and there was not a lot) that Black Panther had a little too much reliance on the vibranium as far as powers go. The appeal with BP has always with his formidable physical abilities and ninja-like skills like a black panther. The whole energy stuff I didn't care as much as it made him too much like Iron Man. Another element was that I found they made purposely made the Wakandan society too feminized. We get it Hollywood, girl power and all that stuff but still...

Black Panther is a movie akin to Wonder Woman in that I enjoyed it, there were strong elements in it and they made a lot of the right moves but I will say it's an "almost there" flick. Like all the elements were there for it to be great but it didn't make it to the finish line. I'm not sure why that is, maybe the characters were too stiff, who knows.

But it was a great effort, one of the better Marvel flicks.