Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1144

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I enjoyed this movie a lot, and I'm not generally given to conspiracy theories, but a best picture nomination is why I only pay attention to the Golden Globes and not the Oscars. This seems incredibly fishy.

I think many of the other nominations were earned though.
    You must not have paid attention too closely.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I've seen the conspiracy mentioned in the other thread -- about how Disney bought the nomination -- but I don't lend it any credence.

With that said, I'm happy it was nominated, but it's the long shot. It has no other nominations aside from technical and soundtrack awards, and that's a sign -- no nominations for director, writing, acting, etc.
    The fact that Vice was nominated should be the bigger surprise. I wasn't all that taken with Bohemian Rhapsody either.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Most nominee movies, including Vice, are seemingly made just with the Oscars in mind. Most of the nominees bombed. The exceptions are Black Panther, Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody.

What surprises me is how blatant Hollywood always is about the Oscars being an insider's game.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I found Black Panther, Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody infinitely batter than Vice. I'd put Roma, Eight Grade, and the Favorite ahead of those 4, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I found Black Panther, Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody infinitely batter than Vice. I'd put Roma, Eight Grade, and the Favorite ahead of those 4, too.
    Even though Black Panther was my personal favorite of the movies considered (that I've seen). I want either BlacKKKlansman or Roma to win.

Basically because I've stopped considering the Oscars as anything other than industry wank for years. So it's time to let Spike Lee into the club, or Roma because I don't like that somehow Netflix films have to fight to be considered "real" movies.

Black Panther doesn't really need an award for validation.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Even though Black Panther was my personal favorite of the movies considered (that I've seen). I want either BlacKKKlansman or Roma to win.

Basically because I've stopped considering the Oscars as anything other than industry wank for years. So it's time to let Spike Lee into the club, or Roma because I don't like that somehow Netflix films have to fight to be considered "real" movies.

Black Panther winning the Oscar isn't validation for itself, but rather a testament to the burgeoning film industry of Wakanda.

I've yet to see BlacKKKlansman, so I can't really say anything about it other than Spike should've been in a long time ago.

Roma, Eighth Grade, the Favorite, Black Panther, A Star is Born, and Bohemian Rhapsody are my top films this last year in order, that I've seen so far.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've yet to see BlacKKKlansman, so I can't really say anything about it other than Spike should've been in a long time ago.

Roma, Eighth Grade, the Favorite, Black Panther, A Star is Born, and Bohemian Rhapsody are my top films this last year in order, that I've seen so far.
    Of the one I've seen that are nominated The green Book Is the only one I'd say I feel is better. Havent seen Star is born or Roma yet.

Wish Instant Family woulda been nominated for something. I honestly thought as a Dramedy it punched above its weight. I mean I even thought Whalberg was amazing in it

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Black Panther winning the Oscar isn't validation for itself, but rather a testament to the burgeoning film industry of Wakanda.
    Those Wakallywood movies are dope.

Wakandan Die Hard makes American Die Hard look like Die Hard 2.
    Pull List:

BlacKKKlansman is my pick to win. It just seems to have hit all the right notes for the current climate and the director might just get it for this movie as a representative of his entire body of work.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Not gonna lie. I love how around the Net, people are Triggered that Black Panther got nominated. It's making me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Not gonna lie. I love how around the Net, people are Triggered that Black Panther got nominated. It's making me giggle.
    I want it to win even though it wasn't the best, just because I want to see the meltdown.
    Pull List:

I want it to win even though it wasn't the best, just because I want to see the meltdown.
    I'm just glad that none of them were around to see Jethro Tull take that first "Metal" Grammy from Metallica. People would still be losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'm just glad that none of them were around to see Jethro Tull take that first "Metal" Grammy from Metallica. People would still be losing it.
    Im surprised all of these internet "creative" purists aren't still complaining about Macklemore strolling around with Kendrick's Grammy.
    Pull List:

To be a bit more serious for a second, Sterling K. Brown still hasn't got enough credit for playing Gordon Walker on Supernatural.

If he gets a little bit here, past due. Never mind that the film was perfectly solid.