Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Wikipedia predicts that BP has a shot to make 400M domestic.
    This is really good news.

Note-
    I meant to say i saw thor 3 in December not last month.

BANNED

Outselling previous 1st quarter films

“It’s not just a superhero movie, it’s a ground-breaking cultural event,” says Fandango’s Erik Davis.

In addition to brisk individual sales, Davis says Fandango is seeing increased interest from larger groups of ticket buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I never realized how sour Thor: Ragnarok made some people

do you all hate fun?
    Marvel movies have devolve to being action comedies. All of them.

Now i want to see DC movies to clean my palate. I want to see heroes just being heroic and stop having 17 jokes in between some NORMAL moments.

on Black Panther, I think many out there really don't understand how important this movie is

there are schools fundraising trips to bring their kids to go see this, people whove never gone to the theater to see a Marvel movie will be going to see this

for black folk, and minorities

IT IS IMPORTANT
    So the important thing is that people finally decided to help impoverish kids so they can have some fun?

This speaks more about the people than what the kids are gaining.

for black/brown kids, even more so - to see a hero that looks like them on the big screen, is enormously important
    Im latino, this is not important to me.

Now you are going to say, "Well you are one person, you personal experience is not the same for everyone."

Am i will reply, "Correct, there is no general experience. So dont make claims about how people will react to this film. "

You know why people think there's a DC conspiracy?

Cause when Suicide Squad was breaking tickets sales people were coming out explaining that these were all free tickets that are included in sales, deals, etc.

For this movie you dont hear any of that.

BANNED

did I say they were "impoverished" or did you just go there because we are talking about black and minority kids?

some are, some are not...

74 reviews in and it's still got a 100% on RT with an average rating of 8.5/10. I'll be interested to see where it ends up once it's got the full 250+ reviews.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    74 reviews in and it's still got a 100% on RT with an average rating of 8.5/10. I'll be interested to see where it ends up once it's got the full 250+ reviews.
    I fully expect racists to try and tank the audience score

did I say they were "impoverished" or did you just go there because we are talking about black and minority kids?

some are, some are not...
    your post says kids that have never gone to the theaters. That would be the top conclusion to that statement, i dont think that there are a big population of religious people not letting their kids seeing these movies. And they would not likely see this movie still.

So who exactly are these kids that have not gone to see movies?

BANNED

no, I said there were people who have gone to the theater to see a Marvel movie - some kids, probably adults who just haven't gotten to the theater to see one are going to see this

VSB (VerySmartBrothas.com) had a great write up about it

and here it is

Which brings me to the fact that while I don’t know much about Black Panther—the movie, the comic, anything—I AM really excited for all the people who do and are super-duper in their feelings of glee and joy surrounding this movie. While I probably won’t fully understand the unbridled euphoria so many others feel until after I see the hot sauce in my bag—swag—I have been swept up by some of it. I almost bought some Black Panther jewelry for more money than I think my household would sign off on, though I did ultimately leave it in the shopping bag. I’m trying to make better decisions these days, and do I really need a claw necklace? No. No, I do not.

So there, I said it. I know everybody (but me, apparently, though some of y’all don’t got to lie, Craig) is an expert in all things Black Panther, possibly vacationing in Wakanda while I head to Atlanta for wings at my favorite wing spot from my youth, but I’m just a guy with some movie tickets looking to be enthralled with some super-black shit with an especially big budget. Even if I never get totally into the Black Panther story and experience, I know that I’ll walk out of the theater blacker than I walk in. And really, what more could you ask for?

See y’all on one of the evenings of opening weekend. And white people, I’ll see you at an EARLY viewing sometime during the week after.
    perhaps I need better punctuation - school kids taking field trips (which is great, anyone crapping on that is doing so just to be spiteful) AND people who've never gone to the theater to see a Marvel film
    Last edited by TheInvisibleMan; 02-07-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

I fully expect racists to try and tank the audience score
    Say it does tank, would anyone actually take that score seriously when it makes money at the box office?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Say it does tank, would anyone actually take that score seriously when it makes money at the box office?
    no, because I think people are underestimating how much its going to make

BP is 100% on Rt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    BP is 100% on Rt.

won't it be surreal if it stays at 100.

Ultimate Member

Wow, 100% in RT. 88 on Metacritic.

WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First negative review is in (it's a 3/5 review). 100% no more. I was really hoping to get a screenshot of a Certified Fresh 100% before a negative review came in. Alas.
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 02-07-2018 at 02:46 PM.

In any case, this is what Marvel needs to be doing, pushing things to the forefront because it reflects the audiences more.

We'll certainly have racists attack the film, sure. But Marvel Comics just came out of a year where they blamed diversity for flagging book sales, hired a whitewashing EIC, cancelled several books starring minorities that outsold many mainstream books in one fell swoop, and had an artist compare SJWs to Nazis. And yet, they'll likely take credit for the goodwill generated by BP, when really it was much more MCU/Coogler/Feige's doing. I feel like Marvel unintentionally is empowering racism but then wants to reap the benefits when anti-racism becomes profitable.