Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Was Lupita the real villain of the movie?
    https://screenrant.com/black-panther...ecret-villain/
    Do you really want me to spoil the movie?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Was Lupita the real villain of the movie?
    https://screenrant.com/black-panther...ecret-villain/
    Dude, maybe "Spoiler" tag that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Exactly.

Maybe, you could private message choptop if he/she is interested?

Yeah, they have screenings in Cape Town and Johannesburg mostly. I live in the latter not far from where they're screened.
    Oh, cool, judging by your name, I wouldn't have thought you were South African.
    Superhero shows are trash

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Oh, cool, judging by your name, I wouldn't have thought you were South African.
    Understandably. I'm a 3rd or 4th generation Jewish South African with Russian- and Lithuanian-Jewish ancestory so I don't exactly have a South African name!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Yes please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Dude, maybe "Spoiler" tag that.
    Its a rumour that's been around the link is from a public movie site I didn't think I had to spoil tag rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Exactly.

Maybe, you could private message choptop if he/she is interested?
    I'm a he FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    In any case, this is what Marvel needs to be doing, pushing things to the forefront because it reflects the audiences more.

We'll certainly have racists attack the film, sure. But Marvel Comics just came out of a year where they blamed diversity for flagging book sales, hired a whitewashing EIC, cancelled several books starring minorities that outsold many mainstream books in one fell swoop, and had an artist compare SJWs to Nazis. And yet, they'll likely take credit for the goodwill generated by BP, when really it was much more MCU/Coogler/Feige's doing. I feel like Marvel unintentionally is empowering racism but then wants to reap the benefits when anti-racism becomes profitable.
    If you don't think Marvel Comics was a cesspool of SJW well I don't know what to tell you.

All the main characters being replaced to somehow catter to a new fictional audience while slapping their current audience in the face to fit the PC culture and so forth. And hiring creators not based on talent but just because they were not white males. While having these books being so bad it hurts. Then going after the fans for being displeased. It was Ghost Busters all over again. Thank God they cancelled all these books cause they had no audience except feeding their SJW friends' egos. Bad quality, bad vibe, trying to feed into controversy, Axel Alonso deserved the firing.

At the opposite end, Marvel Studios don't piss people off, are doing good work and are being rewarded for it.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 02-07-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    If you don't think Marvel Comics was a cesspool of SJW well I don't know what to tell you.

All the main characters being replaced to somehow catter to a new fictional audience while slapping their current audience in the face to fit the PC culture and so forth. And hiring creators not based on talent but just because they were not white males. While having these books being so bad it hurts. Then going after the fans for being displeased. It was Ghost Busters all over again. Thank God they cancelled all these books cause they had no audience except feeding their SJW friends' egos. Bad quality, bad vibe, trying to feed into controversy, Axel Alonso deserved the firing.

At the opposite end, Marvel Studios don't piss people off, are doing good work and are being rewarded for it.
    What is a superhero if not a social justice warrior?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post

Marvel put minority writers on minority titles. Even at that we still had Bendis (a white man)writing Miles Morales and Riri Williams.

Same with Jason Aaron on Thor. And lately Donny Cates and Ed Brisson have come and I believe these guys are white males.

So I’m not sure where it’s been stated that Marvel is hiring writers because they’re not white males. It’s a false assertion.

And superheroes are Social Justice Warriors. It’s what they do.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-07-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Ultimate Member

Anyway, going through the comments section of different websites and the critical acclaim that BP is getting has really brought out the “hate”. Some from some hardcore DC fans that hate that Marvel movies tend to get better reviews than WB/DC movies and some from the “alt-right” dude bros that spend their time complaining about everything. It’s actuslly becoming a little difficult to navigate some websites because of the amount of hate being thrown around nowadays.

I don’t have problems with the DC fans because a lot of it just “banter” but what it is ridiculous is people complaining that a movie with an almost entirely all black cast is getting good reviews only because of their color. A lot of young men and women are looking for reasons to get triggered and now a lot of young white men have confused crass racism with being conservative. One can be conservative and not spend time chasing “SJWs” or get in existential crisis because a superhero movie has a black or female lead.

A metric TON of black movies get horrible reviews from some recent Spike Lee movies to Tyler Perry’s garbage. There has never been a point where critics were partial to black movies, that’s just absolute nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    What is a superhero if not a social justice warrior?
    Heroes are crime fighters. They beat up and stop people just like them committing crimes.

Not saying that there a few that fit that idea but they are mostly crime fighters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Heroes are crime fighters. They beat up and stop people just like them committing crimes.

Not saying that there a few that fit that idea but they are mostly crime fighters.
    Iron Man was born because a man didnt want to produce weapons in an unnecessary war anymore

Ghost Rider seeks vengeance for those wronged

Luke Cage just wants to protect Harlem (his adopted home)

and anyone using the term "a cesspool of SJWs" clearly doesn't understand the term

The internet is full of a lot of people who call themselves SJW (Social Justice Warriors) while their intentions are noble, most of them just come of as annoying and whine and complain for inclusiveness even if it doesn't make sense in the story of a franchise. That's my main issue with them really. The ones that just take things to far. Marvel Comics has suffered in due to them trying to cater to SJW readers in my opinion. But Black Panther is NOT a SJW movie and anyone that is calling it that is just someone who has an issue with a non white super hero film. I seen A LOT of ignorance on social media regarding this movie with some people on my friends list I just had to block and unfriend. So think this movie is about the black panther civil rights group and Malcolm X ( REALLY) or think it's a movie about black people out to "get" white people. If you seen Civil War or read a comic book in your life, you would know that is not what Black Panther is about.