Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    The internet is full of a lot of people who call themselves SJW (Social Justice Warriors) while their intentions are noble, most of them just come of as annoying and whine and complain for inclusiveness even if it doesn't make sense in the story of a franchise. That's my main issue with them really. The ones that just take things to far. Marvel Comics has suffered in due to them trying to cater to SJW readers in my opinion. But Black Panther is NOT a SJW movie and anyone that is calling it that is just someone who has an issue with a non white super hero film. I seen A LOT of ignorance on social media regarding this movie with some people on my friends list I just had to block and unfriend. So think this movie is about the black panther civil rights group and Malcolm X ( REALLY) or think it's a movie about black people out to "get" white people. If you seen Civil War or read a comic book in your life, you would know that is not what Black Panther is about.
    here's the issue

there are a ton of people out there that see the very existence of a character like Black Panther and a place like Wakanda as "out to get or supplant white people"

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    here's the issue

there are a ton of people out there that see the very existence of a character like Black Panther and a place like Wakanda as "out to get or supplant white people"
    Yup. They are most likely the same people the get butt hurt about black NFL players taking a knee during the anthem but are either silent or making excuses and passing the blame for events like Charlottesville.

here's the issue

Funny thing is the very thing a few select people fear this movie might be doing is probably what the actual villains in the movie are trying to do. That's not a spoiler or anything .. just a guess given how westernized Kill monger seems to be.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Funny thing is the very thing a few select people fear this movie might be doing is probably what the actual villains in the movie are trying to do. That's not a spoiler or anything .. just a guess given how westernized Kill monger seems to be.
    You might be onto something there...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Black Panther has not opened yet. But it already has around 6500 votes on IMDB. I am pretty sure that more then 95 percent are by those who haven't seen it yet. Something more around 65% voters give a perfect 10. And 22% give 1. Here's the link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/...?ref_=tt_ov_rt

It shows how unreliable these online voting platforms like RT audience score and IMDB are. Even we get genuine votes around 6000 of them are already faulty. What to say that it can't be done afterwards? I would pay no attention to these scores.

Predictably 10 would be from MCU fans. 1 from DCEU fans as well as trolls who would not tolerate a black lead film. Who can say but few from 10 might be the reverse. 10 just because it has a black lead.

So, i guess fans should be ready here. Even if the score falls or rises it does not matter. Why consider something which is as unreliable as this?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-08-2018 at 11:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Black Panther has not opened yet. But it already has around 6500 votes on IMDB. I am pretty sure that more then 95 percent are by those who haven't seen it yet. Something more around 65% voters give a perfect 10. And 22% give 1. Here's the link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/...?ref_=tt_ov_rt

It shows how unreliable these online voting platforms like RT audience score and IMDB are. Even we get genuine votes around 6000 of them are already faulty. What to say that it can't be done afterwards? I would pay no attention to these scores.

Predictably 10 would be from MCU fans. 1 from DCEU fans as well as trolls who would not tolerate a black lead film. Who can say but few from 10 might be the reverse. 10 just because it has a black lead.

So, i guess fans should be ready here. Even if the score falls or rises it does not matter. Why consider something which is as unreliable as this?
    is that any better or worse than movies that get tens because the starring role is a very attractive white women or man?

BANNED

The most important thing top me is whether I like the movie. Others opinions don't matter much to me. I want movies I like to be successful so that more of them will be made, but movies will never be made on the basis of uncontrolled audience scores.

is that any better or worse than movies that get tens because the starring role is a very attractive white women or man?
    This is a unique case. Most leads already are white men and women. When something is unique it has the potential to be a lightening rod for all kinds of people. When almost all leads in films are white you end up voting 10 or 1 for almost every single film.

To answer your question its more or less the same. Both are dishonest. 10 should be reserved for perfect films like Godfather. And 1 for the worst of the worst like Catwoman. If its an honest opinion. That's okay. But voting so as to increase or decrease the score makes it irrelevant. Such a voter may feel happy to manipulate the score. But it has been manipulated making the whole exercise pointless and the metric useless.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-08-2018 at 12:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    If you don't think Marvel Comics was a cesspool of SJW well I don't know what to tell you.

All the main characters being replaced to somehow catter to a new fictional audience while slapping their current audience in the face to fit the PC culture and so forth. And hiring creators not based on talent but just because they were not white males. While having these books being so bad it hurts. Then going after the fans for being displeased. It was Ghost Busters all over again. Thank God they cancelled all these books cause they had no audience except feeding their SJW friends' egos. Bad quality, bad vibe, trying to feed into controversy, Axel Alonso deserved the firing.

At the opposite end, Marvel Studios don't piss people off, are doing good work and are being rewarded for it.
    ANyone who uses the term SJW and uses it as a prejorative, and lack of understanding doesn't need to be debated with, because the "debate" goes nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    What is a superhero if not a social justice warrior?

Anti-SJW's don't understand Superheroes. If the did, they'd realize ALL Heroes are SJW's.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Marvel put minority writers on minority titles. Even at that we still had Bendis (a white man)writing Miles Morales and Riri Williams.

Same with Jason Aaron on Thor. And lately Donny Cates and Ed Brisson have come and I believe these guys are white males.

So I’m not sure where it’s been stated that Marvel is hiring writers because they’re not white males. It’s a false assertion.

And superheroes are Social Justice Warriors. It’s what they do.

He won't understand that. Same as all the Youtube Anti-SJW's. They just like using the term as a weapon to inflict on non white men. Hell, even on some white men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Heroes are crime fighters. They beat up and stop people just like them committing crimes.

Not saying that there a few that fit that idea but they are mostly crime fighters.
    Not saying you don't understand Super-HEROES, but I don't think you understand Superheroes.

Iron Man was born because a man didnt want to produce weapons in an unnecessary war anymore

Ghost Rider seeks vengeance for those wronged

Luke Cage just wants to protect Harlem (his adopted home)

and anyone using the term "a cesspool of SJWs" clearly doesn't understand the term
    They truly don't.
    X-men are literally fighting to stop the government from Killing them.
    BLM is literally fighting to stop the government from killing us.

Even in the classic era of the 40's Mysta of the Moon was fighting to end the reign of Mars God of war from turning people against each other and sponsoring state sanctioned murder.

http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Mysta_of_the_Moon

In the near future, Mars, God of War, has succeeded in destroying all of Earth's universities in an attempt to inflict a new dark age on humanity. However, Dr. Kort has preserved the world's knowledge and culture. To ensure that it would outlast him, he took two children, Mysta and Nors, to his moon laboratory and educated them using a hypno-transmitter. Unfortunately, Mars possessed Nors, killing Dr. Kort and trying to kill Mysta as well. She saw through the ruse, however, and killed Nors in order to free him from Mars' control and banish the villain from the corporeal plane.

With Mars defeated, Mysta and her mentally controlled robot fought new foes from their moon citadel. Her first order of business was to defeat the Super-Brain, who took advantage of Earth's weakened defenses to conquer the planet. She then set up the Safety Council, an organization formed to try to reverse Mars-inflicted damage and restore knowledge to Earth. Mysta advised the Safety Council and enforced it's laws if necessary.

Mysta was LITERALLY a Social Justice Warrior. But most Anti-SJW's would never admit that fighting for equality and rights in Comics has ALWAYS been a thing.

Mysta the Scientist...

Mysta the Engineer...

Mysta the warrior...

Iron Man was born because a man didnt want to produce weapons in an unnecessary war anymore

Ghost Rider seeks vengeance for those wronged

Luke Cage just wants to protect Harlem (his adopted home)

and anyone using the term "a cesspool of SJWs" clearly doesn't understand the term
    so you are talking about the tv and film versions?

Im talking about the comic book versions where they are just crime fighters.

Ironman was born when a bomb went off while he was demoing this weapons. That's it.
    Heck one of the SHIELD retcons has it that Stark created it so people wouldn't steal his tech. And worldwide spy organization was created just to protect his assets.

The reason the Mandarin became a IM villain is because the US government or Army, dont remember which, called IM in so he could go check out what Mandarin was doing. They wanted to know what this new power player was. IM was sent as tool of the US to mess with the dealings of another country.

When Stan Lee said that he created IM to be a rich dude, which most people hate, that people would cheer for he wasnt joking.

Dont know which GR you are talking about because one hunted other demons and the other seeks vengeance when innocent blood is spilled. He doesnt seek vengeance for people that have been "wronged", it's when blood spills.

Blaze is a jail for Zarathos and the other is a Spirit of Vengeance that just pays back what bad people have done.

Satan didnt give Blaze powers and said, "here, do some social justice." Nor did the Spirit of Vengeance for Ketch

LC was a criminal that eventually wanted to go straight but was double crossed by his friend. After getting powers he broke out of jail and went to get revenge. He came back to Harlem just for that, revenge. When people started asking him for help he denied it because he wasnt there for that.

Eventually he just started grabbing the money to replace his shirts that always ripped and to get a place to live. Then just passed it around to other people. Eventually that formed Heroes for Hire which was mainly about stopping criminals.

He wasnt doing it for social justice he was doing because people put him up to it.

Crime fighting is what most heros do and it has nothing to do with social justice.

All these people are just stopping other people that are like them but bad.

IM is stopping other technology crazies, GR stopping demonic stuff, and LC powered criminals around where he lives.

here's the issue

That's the problem here. A ton of people, around 2k, start this silliness and it explodes to a point it would have never reached if they were just ignored. A few thousand people is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Not saying you don't understand Super-HEROES, but I don't think you understand Superheroes.

So explain then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    ANyone who uses the term SJW and uses it as a prejorative, and lack of understanding doesn't need to be debated with, because the "debate" goes nowhere.

Anti-SJW's don't understand Superheroes. If the did, they'd realize ALL Heroes are SJW's.
    Yes, I'd like to see one of these folks try to explain how anything Superman did in Action #1 wasn't SJW. Superheroes were literally founded on this principle.

I dont have a problem with SJW i dislike This alt left extreme SJW community. It makes liberals looks bad. Just recently RnB singer Genuine politely said he wouldnt date a trans women all while the transwoman was trying to force a kiss on him and then the narrative became that Genuine is transphobic. Its not transphobic to not be attracted to trans people. Its not racists if a black woman isnt into white guys. But Genuines getting attacked when really he was the one getting sexually harassed. So i think when ppl on here or celebs like joe Rogan(And most comedians honestly) insult SJW they just mean this extreme alt left sect. Not the average person doing there part against Social injustice. As a liberal thats my take on SJW

So curious Black Panther is number 1 in advanced ticket sales for a CBM. I think it took the record from BvS. How does you guys think that equates to opening weekend? Do you think its passes BvSs opening weekend? I dont usually track stuff like this so im curious what advanced sales usually mean for opening weekend. Likr has movie ever sold alot in advance but then had a mediocre opening weekend. Saw a report on Market watch saying an insider said its improbable but possible this beats Avengers opening weekend record. I think there a 0.0001 % chance of that but then again 2weeks ago i thought 150m was pipe dream and now that seems to be very possible.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-08-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I dont have a problem with SJW i dislike This alt left extreme SJW community. It makes liberals looks bad. Just recently RnB singer Genuine politely said he wouldnt date a trans women all while the transwoman was trying to force a kiss on him and then the narrative became that Genuine is transphobic. Its not transphobic to not be attracted to trans people. Its not racists if a black woman isnt into white guys. But Genuines getting attacked when really he was the one getting sexually harassed. So i think when ppl on here or celebs like joe Rogan(And most comedians honestly) insult SJW they just mean this extreme alt left sect. Not the average person doing there part against Social injustice. As a liberal thats my take on SJW
    I agree with you. I thought that whole Genuine controversy was stupid. But there are some liberals that think everyone has to think and belief like they do. I am a straight guy, if someone says I am transphobic for having the same reaction as Geunine so be it. It just makes you look ignorant, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I agree with you. I thought that whole Genuine controversy was stupid. But there are some liberals that think everyone has to think and belief like they do. I am a straight guy, if someone says I am transphobic for having the same reaction as Geunine so be it. It just makes you look ignorant, not me.
    The Ginuwine "controversy" is one of the things I hate about the internet media. There was no outcry against him. There were maybe a handful of accounts without almost no social media influence that were pulled by half a dozen articles that blew it way out of proportion and then people arguing about those articles which caused a bunch of people to show their ass.

It was almost identical to the "Black women are boycotting Black Panther because Michael B. Jordan is dating a non-black woman" BS. No boycotts were planned. Just a handful of nobodies on Twitter that then got pulled by articles who turned it into something for people to fight over.