Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So curious Black Panther is number 1 in advanced ticket sales for a CBM. I think it took the record from BvS. How does you guys think that equates to opening weekend? Do you think its passes BvSs opening weekend? I dont usually track stuff like this so im curious what advanced sales usually mean for opening weekend. Likr has movie ever sold alot in advance but then had a mediocre opening weekend. Saw a report on Market watch saying an insider said its improbable but possible this beats Avengers opening weekend record. I think there a 0.0001 % chance of that but then again 2weeks ago i thought 150m was pipe dream and now that seems to be very possible.
    The fact that it's even possible that it could break Avengers opening is pretty darn amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

Ironman was born when a bomb went off while he was demoing this weapons. That's it.
    No. That's true of movie Iron Man, but not comic Iron Man. Iron Man went out into the field to make sure his non-lethal magnetic device was properly protecting soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The reason the Mandarin became a IM villain is because the US government or Army, dont remember which, called IM in so he could go check out what Mandarin was doing. They wanted to know what this new power player was. IM was sent as tool of the US to mess with the dealings of another country.
    Mmm, no. The Mandarin had sabotaged and taken control over American missiles. They weren't sending him in to just just attack an innocent guy who was standing around doing nothing. He was doing stuff that really should have been considered an act of war, since he was basically a mercenary at this point, albeit a mercenary with ambitions to destroy both sides down the road.

BANNED

I dont have a problem with SJW i dislike This alt left extreme SJW community. It makes liberals looks bad. Just recently RnB singer Genuine politely said he wouldnt date a trans women all while the transwoman was trying to force a kiss on him and then the narrative became that Genuine is transphobic. Its not transphobic to not be attracted to trans people. Its not racists if a black woman isnt into white guys. But Genuines getting attacked when really he was the one getting sexually harassed. So i think when ppl on here or celebs like joe Rogan(And most comedians honestly) insult SJW they just mean this extreme alt left sect. Not the average person doing there part against Social injustice. As a liberal thats my take on SJW
    Umm theres no such thing as the Alt Left..

That was a term made up by Conservatives, then used by people like JOy Reid and Neera Tanden and Peter Dau to smear people that supported Bernie or Jill Stein because they weren't corporate/centrist enough.
    They stopped using the term after severe pushback from us on the left, not the middle.

Joe Rogan is a right winger hiding under the guise of leftism. Be nice to see him actually do something left wing for once. Instead of hosting the likes of Steven Crowder who bait Immigrants on hit videos trying to prove assanine points which he winds up dissproving.

I won't say you're not a Liberal. But I see from the post you're more along the likes of Dave Rubin, Shoe on Head, and some of the other so called "Classical" Liberals. More right leaning than anything.

Again Alt-Left is not a thing.

As for Genunie after the initial outcry, it wasn't what he said but how he said it. Words matter. After it people understood the point he made. I'm a straight male, if a Trans-woman tried to kiss me, it'd depend on who she is. But I don't let random straight women kiss me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I agree with you. I thought that whole Genuine controversy was stupid. But there are some liberals that think everyone has to think and belief like they do. I am a straight guy, if someone says I am transphobic for having the same reaction as Geunine so be it. It just makes you look ignorant, not me.
    No those people aren't Liberal. They are authoritarian. People need to start learning the difference between Conservative and a Right Winger. A Liberal and a Progressive, a Authoritarian and all those I mentioned.
    Because authoritarianism knows no party.

It's not liberals that ban speech on college, it's authoritarians. It's not Conservatives that ban liberal speech they don't like, it's authoritarians.

If you don't like Trans women, then you don't like them.
    Do you guys like every straight woman you see?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    The Ginuwine "controversy" is one of the things I hate about the internet media. There was no outcry against him. There were maybe a handful of accounts without almost no social media influence that were pulled by half a dozen articles that blew it way out of proportion and then people arguing about those articles which caused a bunch of people to show their ass.

It was almost identical to the "Black women are boycotting Black Panther because Michael B. Jordan is dating a non-black woman" BS. No boycotts were planned. Just a handful of nobodies on Twitter that then got pulled by articles who turned it into something for people to fight over.
    Exactly... It's a bunch of hurt feelings and morons who have a voice thinking they can hurt others.

BANNED

I don't suppose it would be possible to move this line of discussion to the politics thread, and to get back to talking about Black Panther?

It got certified fresh today on Rotten Tomatoes (inevitable with the way reviews were trending). Still only one negative review, which is a pretty impressive feat for a superhero film. I'm sure more will come in as we get closer to the 250+ reviews that these films tend to get, but typically we see more than one negative review in the first few days.

So curious Black Panther is number 1 in advanced ticket sales for a CBM. I think it took the record from BvS. How does you guys think that equates to opening weekend? Do you think its passes BvSs opening weekend? I dont usually track stuff like this so im curious what advanced sales usually mean for opening weekend. Likr has movie ever sold alot in advance but then had a mediocre opening weekend. Saw a report on Market watch saying an insider said its improbable but possible this beats Avengers opening weekend record. I think there a 0.0001 % chance of that but then again 2weeks ago i thought 150m was pipe dream and now that seems to be very possible.
    I don't think it will beat Avengers opening weekend. That number is really huge. Tracking numbers suggest 150 million is possible. Earlier it was 100-120 million. As the time is coming nearer the buzz is increasing.

Advanced ticket sales don't mean a lot. BvS was the record holder. But it did not cross Avengers. One has to take into account the fact that more and more people are starting to get online tickets with every passing year. BvS came out around two years ago. I remember purchasing Civil War's tickets at the theater. But i booked online tickets for Justice League. Tracking numbers are more closer to what will happen. And it will anyway break the record for highest opening weekend for first solo film. Present record holder is Deadpool at 132 million.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-08-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I don't think it will beat Avengers opening weekend. That number is really huge. Tracking numbers suggest 150 million is possible. Earlier it was 100-120 million. As the time is coming nearer the buzz is increasing.

Advanced ticket sales don't mean a lot. BvS was the record holder. But it did not cross Avengers. One has to take into account the fact that more and more people are starting to get online tickets with every passing year. BvS came out around two years ago. I remember purchasing Civil War's tickets at the theater. But i booked online tickets for Justice League. Tracking numbers are more closer to what will happen. And it will anyway break the record for highest opening weekend for first solo film. Present record holder is Deadpool at 132 million.
    I think it started at 80m tracking and then slowly moved up to 120-150. When this movie was announced i thought 80m opening would be the high end and 600m would be a great final Boxoffice. The fact 150+ is an option makes me happier then i could ever express. BP been my favorite Superhero since i was 12. This time next week ill be getting ready to go see it, cant wait. But yea i think the chances of it touching 200m are almost nonexistent

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    No. That's true of movie Iron Man, but not comic Iron Man. Iron Man went out into the field to make sure his non-lethal magnetic device was properly protecting soldiers.
    He put repulsor tech on artillery and mortars. They are described as his weapons in the comic.

Mmm, no. The Mandarin had sabotaged and taken control over American missiles. They weren't sending him in to just just attack an innocent guy who was standing around doing nothing. He was doing stuff that really should have been considered an act of war, since he was basically a mercenary at this point, albeit a mercenary with ambitions to destroy both sides down the road.
    The original continuity Mandarin did nothing. The Military sent IM over there to get info "for their own security."

BANNED

The marketing for this movie is like nothing I have ever seen in my life. The movie is the first of the MCU to score a time cover and generate business for an entire country or something. this is no longer just a movie. it is a political piece supported by the entire world.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 02-09-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    The marketing for this movie is like nothing I have ever seen in my life. The movie is the first of the MCU to score a time cover and generate business for an entire country or something. this is no longer just a movie. it is a political piece supported by the entire world.
    Ok this is getting out of hand it's a movie guys I'm sure it's a good movie but it's just a movie all the same.......

uhh my head hurts
    of course not all superheroes are SJW
    most of them operate within a certain mindset that justice isnīt served by the system they were socialized in.
    vigilantes
    teams like avengers mostly are not either because their main function is as crisis response unit

social justice warrior means igniting a change within society.
    most superheroes fight the symptoms, not the reasons. of course this sparked some good storylines every now and then.
    but there are very few comic characters that are dedicated to improve or alter society as their main agenda.
    maybe daredevil and the x-men

ironically, supervilians fit the description far more often. yes i am looking at you, adrian veidt

black or white
    Last edited by abulafia; 02-09-2018 at 03:17 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    thats awesome

and deserved imo

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ok this is getting out of hand it's a movie guys I'm sure it's a good movie but it's just a movie all the same.......
    It's just a movie to a lot of people. But to some, it's clearly more than that.

BANNED

it is important

very important

http://time.com/black-panther/