Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Just saw it. I loved it. I think most people will.

Pretty sure the film will fan the flames of a specific social issue. Especially in the American black community. As a black American myself, it was interesting to see certain perspectives in the story. Liked the direction Ryan Coogler went with. Considering his background, I'm not surprised. Betting this thread will be a war zone in a few days.

Michael B. Jordan killed it btw. One mid credits scene and one post credit scene included.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-12-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post

Pretty sure the film will fan the flames of a specific social issue. Especially in the American black community. As a black American myself, it was interesting to see certain perspectives in the story. Liked the direction Ryan Coogler went with. Considering his background, I'm not surprised. Betting this thread will be a war zone in a few days.

Michael B. Jordan killed it btw. One mid credits scene and one post credit scene included.
    I was a little worried when we saw Killmongers hair in the first Teaser but every revies ive read talks about Michale. B Jordan killing it and hint at Killmonger being the heart of the film. Got me curious, im going thursday night cant wait
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-12-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I was a little worried when we saw Killmongers hair in the first Teaser but every revies ive read talks about Michale N Jordan killing it and hint at Killmonger being the heart of the film. Got me curious, im going thursday night cant wait
    Out of curiosity, how did you figure?

He was the one part of this(to me) that felt like an absolutely sure thing.

Lightbulb Why ‘Black Panther’ Is a Defining Moment for Black America

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Obviously you know nothing of Black Panther. His first appearance in Fantastic Four was introduced a character who was created due to African colonialism. An African king was killed by a White man who tried to takeover an African nation for its natural resources.
    Well said brother Yaw.
    I think some people don't know either real world or Marvel Comics history.

As this is the "Black Panther First Reactions" thread, the New York Times just published a long article on the film.

Why ‘Black Panther’ Is a Defining Moment for Black America
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/1...k-america.html

For those who are sincerely interested, it is another article where you can learn why this movie means so much to the African diaspora, especially African-Americans. Why people who never saw a Marvel film and could give 2 shits about the "MCU" are nevertheless excited about this film.

Here is a snippet of the author of the article speaking with the director of Black Panther, Ryan Coogler.
    When we spoke of Africa and black Americans’ attempts to reconnect with what we’re told is our lost home, I admitted that I sometimes wondered if we could ever fully be part of what was left behind. He dipped his head, fell briefly quiet and then looked back at me with a solemn expression. “I think we can,” he said. “It’s no question. It’s almost as if we’ve been brainwashed into thinking that we can’t have that connection.”
    I can't wait to see this film.

Excelsior!

Daoud

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Michale B jordan is imo one of the most talented young actors out there. But i was not alone in not being sure if i liked his hair in the first teaser. Now once you saw it in motion and not just standing there it looked better. But there were plenty of ppl just on these boards that were talking **** about his hair. Though i think it looks alot cooler then giving Jordan full blown Killmonger dreads.

Also Coogler imo wasnt gonna put out a sub par movie(He will one day most likely but hes hasnt yet). Chadwick Boseman is also never bad. Add Angela Basset and Forrest Whitaker and there are alot of things to be absouletly sure about but Killmongers look worried me a bit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    No. It because they were horribly written characters that are brand new, a whole bunch. Ease people in, man, use all the other characters that are there are a minorities that have some history. Why not use Rhodey's niece, etc, etc?
    Did those gus cry about the books where white males and predominantly white characters were being cancelled along with the so-called "SJW" books? Probably, not. It doesn't fit the narrative of "SJW's ruin everything."

Wink Good to hear PapaShogun

Good to hear PapaShogun!

Everybody that I read who saw it says Black Panther is outstanding!

Man I can't believe this!
    I signed up to this board over 10 years ago to express my love for the Black Panther series at the time.
    Since then I speculated, with high hopes, on a Black Panther movie and now it is not only a reality but seems to be better than my imagination!

I got my tickets and can't wait!

Excelsior!

Daoud

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Where did TJ say he disliked the film? I know he did videos on the on the film is been viewed (apparently one reviewer got backlash for giving the film a negative review) but he hasnt commented on the movie itself as far as I know.

Yes I sure screwing with nobodies on the internet talking about their hobby is high on Russia's to do list.

Come on man.You have to know how silly this sounds

It's kinda like how some white folks REALLY want to use the N-word. They are just CHOMPIN at the bit to be able to say. I'm like why?

They just want to hate on this film like ASAP! Why? Because they feel their snowflakey Anti-SJW fragile white male ego is getting pummeled.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Honestly I initially found the casting of Jordan a little weird just because he didn't fit how I imagined Killmonger would look and sound on screen. Sort of like when Micheal Keaton was cast as Batman... as good of an actor as Keaton was, he just didn't fit with the mental image I had in my head of how the character would look and sound. But Keaten nailed it... and from the sound of things so did Jordan.

Michael B. Jordan's hair won't even be a thing in the film I promise you. You'll forget about it in t-minus two seconds. His performance is that engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Obviously you know nothing of Black Panther. His first appearance in Fantastic Four was introduced a character who was created due to African colonialism. An African king was killed by a White man who tried to takeover an African nation for its natural resources.
    That's not what happened. Klaw just wanted to take the Vibranium for his devices and do general evil. He just wanted the people out of the way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Did those gus cry about the books where white males and predominantly white characters were being cancelled along with the so-called "SJW" books? Probably, not. It doesn't fit the narrative of "SJW's ruin everything."
    Exactly.

It's just a running narrative in some circles that any form of non-straight white male is "forced". It's even gotten to the mainstream.

I was surprised to hear about Fox news John Moody's "rant" against diversity in the US Olympic team. Fortunately, Fox news had the good sense to pull the story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

It's kinda like how some white folks REALLY want to use the N-word. They are just CHOMPIN at the bit to be able to say. I'm like why?

They just want to hate on this film like ASAP! Why? Because they feel their snowflakey Anti-SJW fragile white male ego is getting pummeled.
    Quoted for truth.

Man, let's hope not.

Man, video bro. Did he just learn to swear right before that video?