Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Just saw it it was pretty good not great but good a few things I didn't like was some of the CGI was bad and the over use of green screen allso the plot was a bit mudded.

Niffleheim

I'm actually surprised at how there was difference in writing between Killmonger and a CIA agent, don't they play the same role of dis-stabilizing governments in the world?

Loved this movie to death. Gotta see it again soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    I'm actually surprised at how there was difference in writing between Killmonger and a CIA agent, don't they play the same role of dis-stabilizing governments in the world?
    Wasn't this pointed out in the movie? I'm sure it was.

Definitely a strong contender as my new favorite Marvel movie.

I think i still like Winter Soldier a wee bit much but damn that's close.

Also has anyone noticed that this is the second time a villain played by Andy Serkis got killed by a villain that’s much younger than him?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I posted about the dying part some time ago. There was yet another film last year where he died. I made Sean Bean comparisons as there were three films within a year where he ends up dead. Furthermore, when i enjoyed each of these characters and performances. Did not really notice that he dies in the hands of a younger villain in both films. Point noted. Also, notice that we expected both to be recurring and more important characters in their respective franchises who died somewhere around halfway through the movie.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-21-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I'm just glad that it didn't have Marvel's trademark forced humor. It was intelligent and didn't feel the need to justify itself with childish humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I'm just glad that it didn't have Marvel's trademark forced humor. It was intelligent and didn't feel the need to justify itself with childish humor.
    Yeah, I think whether the humor is forced or childish is very much a matter of opinion.

If Marvel is going to pay attention to anything from BP is that they dont need the freaking SNL crap in all movies!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    The CIA agent specifically mentioned that Killmonger was working for them as part of a highly secretive group of highly committed operatives. The CIA agent was one of the public faces of the organization.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Yea ross calls Killmonger " One of Ours" i dont remember the exact path but Ross pretty much says Killmonger went from MIT to the seals and then the CIA where he was theyre top operative. Dont quote me on the specifics but it somethinh along those lines. He basicaly went around aquiring skills and knowledge from some of the best sources in the world.(atleast best sources for the kinds skills he wanted)
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-22-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Just saw it it was pretty good not great but good a few things I didn't like was some of the CGI was bad and the over use of green screen allso the plot was a bit mudded.
    CGI is a common complaint but what exactly about the plot was muddled for you? It becomes a little predictable in the last act but the plot is one of the things getting thee most praise.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Yeah, I think whether the humor is forced or childish is very much a matter of opinion.
    Well, obviously.

Good for you.

But i am not against their brand of humor. I enjoy that. Audiences seem to lap it up. That depends upon what kind of story they are telling. Films like Ant Man and Guardians had more humor. It fits them. Doctor Strange, Winter Soldier were more serious affairs. It seems laughable how some DCEU fans call MCU films full of forced humor. As a DCEU fan i think MCU is doing perfectly fine. Audiences and critics seem to agree. Lol am i a DCEU fan? I liked their films. But i prefer the Marvel films. MCU is just too good.

I enjoyed this one too. They are just as good in humor as in drama in my opinion.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-22-2018 at 09:36 PM.