Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Non black movie goers better prepare themselves when they go see this because it's gonna be LIT ha.
    Unless you are in the back seat of my ride at 12:45 AM essentially living this tune -

You ain't gonna be so lit I can't contend.

<-- this Bengali is very much looking forward to this movie. I do wish that the BP suit was less-Iron Man like (in that it suits up and down "magically") and more practical looking, like it was in Civil War. I really appreciated the tactile feel of BP taking off his helmet to reveal T'Challa in Civil War.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    As great as it is to see the film itself, Michael B. Jordan and the actresses get praised, does anyone else find it odd that so far seemingly very few reactions mention Chadwick Boseman? I mean he's the lead and I haven't seen many tweets that specifically single him out or comment on his performance at all. Other than generic comments that the whole cast is great not a lot of people seem to be talking about him. MBJ and Letita Wright (Shuri) seem to be getting, by far, the most praise and attention.

Not that I'm worried Chadwick's not going to be good or anything, I'm still excited to see the movie of course just something I noticed.
    Well, a few of the folks with roles in this film are either...

- on a run of great work.
    - making a pretty great first impression.

It feels like it would be easy for any one of them to get lost in the press that is going to happen overall.

It's a bit disappointing to read this sort of thing. Do these people not have anything better to do with their lives?

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...tten-tomatoes/

An angry group of DC fans plan to sabotage Black Panther‘s Rotten Tomatoes audience score in an effort to diminish the film’s success. After years of waiting, the age of better representation in superhero movies is finally here. Wonder Woman had a massive societal impact for what it did for women across the world last year. Now, Marvel Studios is in the final stages of promoting a film that could be just as impactful for the African-American population, Black Panther.

The film has been highly praised for the representation factor, but also has had stellar marketing in the lead up to its debut. Everything appears to have come together for Marvel based on the extremely positive early reactions. Unfortunately, the continued success of Marvel Studios (and its parent company Disney overall) isn’t viewed by everyone as a good thing.

Marvelous Realm shared a rather disappointing post made on Facebook by a group who want to do everything they can to lower Black Panther‘s success. The group – that consists of 2,000 members so far – plans to “strike back” against their alleged unfair treatment of DC’s films by pledging to give Black Panther a rotten audience review once the movie hits theaters. Not only that, but they plan on spreading spoilers to Marvel fans of their choosing to further take away from the film’s enjoyment.

The idea of a mass group of fans targeting a competing franchise in an attempt to hurt the film from succeeding in every way possible is sad on its own, but the fact that it comes with Black Panther is even more unsettling. Black Panther should be a time of celebration for the way it highlights people of color, but instead this group intends to use it as an avenue to express some level of hatred. Further creating a divide between DC and Marvel fans, this group plans to do similar events for all upcoming Marvel films – and claims to be behind Star Wars: The Last Jedi‘s low RT score too.

As disappointing as this is, it is important to note that this is just a select group of DC fans and is by no means an accurate representation of how all DC fans view the MCU. Hopefully the larger portion of fans will rally behind Black Panther and show additional support to combat the attempts of negativity this group wants to promote.

Even with this mindset, it doesn’t appear that anything will be able to stop Black Panther. The film is currently tracking to open over $120 million in its opening weekend. Those figures are a bit old now, with the latest update on Black Panther‘s ticket sales revealed it broke Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice‘s pre-sales record. Once the positive reviews from critics start to come in next week, the groundswell of support will hopefully only continue to boost Black Panther‘s success.

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    It's a bit disappointing to read this sort of thing. Do these people not have anything better to do with their lives?

Seems like they don't.

BANNED

I don't get why anybody still gives Rotten Tomatoes even the slightest shred of credibility.

Apparently not. I would not give credence to these 'audience' scores. The only reliable audience score is Cinemascore. Not RT audience score. Not IMDB. Do you know IMDB has a score of 7.7 already with a thousand odd votes? It has not even opened to the general audience.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/

These DC 'fans' are fools. Their fandom is based not in loving what they like rather hating what they don't like. So, in reality they aren't fans of DC too. Because you become a fan of something by loving that thing. Their sense of worth is so weak that they want to bring others down to prop up what they like. Its pitiable on that level. And they give a bad name to DC fans like me and 99 % of DC fans as well as comic book fans in general.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-01-2018 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't get why anybody still gives Rotten Tomatoes even the slightest shred of credibility.
    Because it's an aggregate of critics' reactions to a movie, which is a valuable thing.

BANNED

its a slanted aggregate, with more weight coming from one side

not a fan

all Hollywood cares about is the $, and when this movie makes a metric f**kton of it, it will show that ALL BLACK FILMS do have an audience and can make money, be good films too

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    its a slanted aggregate, with more weight coming from one side
    No, that would be inaccurate. It's an aggregate. It asks the critics to say whether they recommend a movie or not, gives it a score based on that percentage and also gives it a star rating based on the average review. There is no slant, there is only a misunderstanding of how the site works by a depressingly large number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    No, that would be inaccurate. It's an aggregate. It asks the critics to say whether they recommend a movie or not, gives it a score based on that percentage and also gives it a star rating based on the average review. There is no slant, there is only a misunderstanding of how the site works by a depressingly large number of people.
    The talk is about audience score. Not critics scores. Critics scores are valuable. But the audience score is not valuable. The article speaks of a group of about 2000 people who want to give low scores to Black Panther, due to some idea that DC has been done some injustice. Audiences can vote even without watching a film in RT audience score, once its open to posting one's score. IMDB already has a thousand odd votes.

RT for critics is what RT is about. When people speak of Rotten Tomatoes they mean Critics scores. Unless we give an additional word Rotten Tomatoes audience score.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    The talk is about audience score. Not critics scores. Critics scores are valuable. But the audience score is not valuable. The article speaks of a group of about 2000 people who want to give low scores to Black Panther, due to some idea that DC has been done some injustice. Audiences can vote even without watching a film in RT audience score, once its open to posting one's score. IMDB already has a thousand odd votes.

RT for critics is what RT is about. When people speak of Rotten Tomatoes they mean Critics scores. Unless we give an additional word Rotten Tomatoes audience score.
    I understand that the initial point was about audience scores, but then someone chimed in with how they thought Rotten Tomatoes was worthless as a site, which I disagreed with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

said better than I did

I have no great love for RT

and people placing such value in it is detrimental, anecdotally I know people who won't go see something thats below 85% on RT because "they don't want to waste their time"

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    I understand that the initial point was about audience scores, but then someone chimed in with how they thought Rotten Tomatoes was worthless as a site, which I disagreed with.
    I think Carabas meant RT audience scores but did not mention audience score with Rotten Tomatoes causing a misunderstanding. If not then its wrong for sure.

There are some DC fans who think that RT is biased against DC failing to understand that WB is a part owner of Rotten Tomatoes and Wonder Woman showed that there's no bias at all. Maybe this is that. I don't understand what anger any DC fan would have against BP. Had it been the usual black lead or female lead complaint it would have been understandable.

Or its something as simple as fan wars. Some DC fans give high votes to a DC film to prop up its score. Bringing the score down for the competition is as easy as giving a 1 star rating and if possible zero.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    said better than I did

I have no great love for RT

and people placing such value in it is detrimental, anecdotally I know people who won't go see something thats below 85% on RT because "they don't want to waste their time"
    You say he put it better than you did but then you ignore his point that it's the audience score being complained about in this case. As for people not wanting to see something below a certain percentage...well, that's their prerogative. In the pre-internet days, I knew people who wouldn't see a movie unless Ebert and Siskel had both given it a "thumbs-up."