Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I think Carabas meant RT audience scores but did not mention audience score with Rotten Tomatoes causing a misunderstanding. If not then its wrong for sure.
    I obviously meant the audience scores, which is what we were talking about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    You say he put it better than you did but then you ignore his point that it's the audience score being complained about in this case. As for people not wanting to see something below a certain percentage...well, that's their prerogative. In the pre-internet days, I knew people who wouldn't see a movie unless Ebert and Siskel had both given it a "thumbs-up."
    I loved 'At The Movies', thats how I got into independent film

check out Eberts documentary on Netflix, really good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeeeeeah, I very much doubt it's going to be "Kill Whitey" and much, much more about the celebration and potency of Black culture, visibility, and empowerment.

(Now I really wish that Black Panther and MCU Luke Cage would team up already)
    Sadly, I seen some trolls on social media (who seem like the redneck Trump supporter types) claiming this is some Kill Whitey movie because Andy Serkis Klaw is like the only major white character in the movie and he is one of the villains.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-01-2018 at 07:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Sadly, I seen some trolls on social media (who seem like the redneck Trump supporter types) claiming the movie is some Kill Whitey movie because Andy Serkis Klaw is like the only major white character in the movie and he is one of the villains.
    they seem to be forgetting about Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) who has been a part of the BP world since he was introduced in the mid 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I think Carabas meant RT audience scores but did not mention audience score with Rotten Tomatoes causing a misunderstanding. If not then its wrong for sure.

There are some DC fans who think that RT is biased against DC failing to understand that WB is a part owner of Rotten Tomatoes and Wonder Woman showed that there's no bias at all. Maybe this is that. I don't understand what anger any DC fan would have against BP. Had it been the usual black lead or female lead complaint it would have been understandable.

Or its something as simple as fan wars. Some DC fans give high votes to a DC film to prop up its score. Bringing the score down for the competition is as easy as giving a 1 star rating and if possible zero.
    I've definitely heard the bias argument againste DC on the boards before but I think Wonder Woman put that to rest (or at least it did for me). If a DC movie is really good, it will be well received.

Also a lot of DC tv shows seem to be getting a lot of love (more than some of their marvel counter parts). Black Lightning has a 100% freshmess score at RT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I've definitely heard the bias argument againste DC on the boards before but I think Wonder Woman put that to rest (or at least it did for me). If a DC movie is really good, it will be well received.

Also a lot of DC tv shows seem to be getting a lot of love (more than some of their marvel counter parts). Black Lightning has a 100% freshmess score at RT.
    DCs tv is great - Legends Of Tomorrow is easily the most fun show on network television

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    they seem to be forgetting about Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) who has been a part of the BP world since he was introduced in the mid 90s
    True. But you can't expect reason or logic with internet trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    DCs tv is great - Legends Of Tomorrow is easily the most fun show on network television
    It's funny how DC can consistently outdo marvel in cartoons and network shows (not counting the Net Flicks stuff) but marvel outdoes DC at the movies. I guess the companies have different strengths for whatever reason.

Yea that whole argument that critics are bias against DC movies is a load of crap and has been proven wrong with the success of Wonder Woman. Like you said, if the movie is GOOD it will speak for itself. The major problem with Warner Bros DC cinematic universe is that they have been trying to play catch up to the MCU. Justice League would have been better if we had gotten a proper Man of Steel sequel (not Batman Vs Superman), a solo Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Lantern, and Batman film along with Wonder Woman's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    It's a bit disappointing to read this sort of thing. Do these people not have anything better to do with their lives?

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...tten-tomatoes/
    one would think that if these nuts really wanted to strike back at the people who are responsible for unfair treatment of DC movies, they would direct their attention to Warner Brothers.

If the bias arguments include the discrepancy between the Average Rating and RT tomato meter rating then I say they have a valid point. For example, a 6.2/10 rating for MOS yields a 55% tomato meter rating while the same score of 6.2/10 for The Incredible Hulk (2008) yields at 67% tomato meter rating. RT meter is good at finding out what the general consensus is (most seem to like/dislike the movie) when asked the binary question of (Is the movie good or not?) but not to what extent someone liked/disliked a movie.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    If the bias arguments include the discrepancy between the Average Rating and RT tomato meter rating then I say they have a valid point. For example, a 6.2/10 rating for MOS yields a 55% tomato meter rating while the same score of 6.2/10 for The Incredible Hulk (2008) yields at 67% tomato meter rating. RT meter is good at finding out what the general consensus is (most seem to like/dislike the movie) when asked the binary question of (Is the movie good or not?) but not to what extent someone liked/disliked a movie.
    Honestly the DCEU earned every RT Score they got MoS got a 55% well it was a divisive interpretation of Superman so it divided critics. BvS, SS, and JL were messes no matter if someone likes them they were messes from a film making POV and it showed all their theatrical cuts had massive edits from the studio that effected the stories, tone, and flow of the films that made them messes. WW was a good film that was a good interpretation of the character and the studio didn't mess with shocking huh? So it got a good score this idea that RT is the big bad is idiotic they want to be angry be angry at the real culprits WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    They ask the critics whether or not they recommend the movie. The individual scores are subjective. For one critic, 6.5 out of 10 is an enjoyable popcorn flick, not too deep but still entertaining. For another, 6.5 out of 10 is a meh movie not worth seeing in the theater. That's why they ask them whether or not they consider the movie fresh or rotten. It's very fair since it's the individual critics' metric.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    They ask the critics whether or not they recommend the movie. The individual scores are subjective. For one critic, 6.5 out of 10 is an enjoyable popcorn flick, not too deep but still entertaining. For another, 6.5 out of 10 is a meh movie not worth seeing in the theater. That's why they ask them whether or not they consider the movie fresh or rotten. It's very fair since it's the individual critics' metric.
    Seriously? I've always heard that whether reviewers considered a movie fresh or rotten corresponded to "Did you think the movie was good or bad?" At least from articles I've read from Vox and ScreenJunkies. Therefore, a mixed but leaning towards positive review/mixed but leaning towards negative review gets "lost in the sauce" of something as binary as fresh or rotten.
    Superhero shows are trash