Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Honestly the DCEU earned every RT Score they got MoS got a 55% well it was a divisive interpretation of Superman so it divided critics. BvS, SS, and JL were messes no matter if someone likes them they were messes from a film making POV and it showed all their theatrical cuts had massive edits from the studio that effected the stories, tone, and flow of the films that made them messes. WW was a good film that was a good interpretation of the character and the studio didn't mess with shocking huh? So it got a good score this idea that RT is the big bad is idiotic they want to be angry be angry at the real culprits WB.
    No problems with me. I thought almost all DCEU movies were hot garbage as well but your mileage may vary of course. I even thought WW was "meh" as hell. Definitely better than previous efforts at the time but the bar was very low.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I obviously meant the audience scores, which is what we were talking about.
    No its obvious. I have read your posts for a while. I find them informative and logical. Its my style of posting. Sometimes i go out of my way to include all possibilities. And sometimes the most intelligent people can say the most foolish things. For instance there was a discussion about Jodie Foster in another thread. She's way more intelligent then me. But her comments regarding superhero genre did not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Sadly, I seen some trolls on social media (who seem like the redneck Trump supporter types) claiming this is some Kill Whitey movie because Andy Serkis Klaw is like the only major white character in the movie and he is one of the villains.
    Ignorance at it's finest. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    they seem to be forgetting about Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) who has been a part of the BP world since he was introduced in the mid 90s
    I don't think they forgot, because forgetting implies that they actually read Black Panther comics, and I highly doubt they were the audience to even try a comic with a Black lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't think they forgot, because forgetting implies that they actually read Black Panther comics, and I highly doubt they were the audience to even try a comic with a Black lead.
    For sure. General audience didn't know who BP was until Civil War. I wouldn't expect people to know Ross unless they actually knew BP prior.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't get why anybody still gives Rotten Tomatoes even the slightest shred of credibility.
    Majority don't give it any amount of credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    No problems with me. I thought almost all DCEU movies were hot garbage as well but your mileage may vary of course. I even thought WW was "meh" as hell. Definitely better than previous efforts at the time but the bar was very low.
    we have opinions of what we find hot garbage or not. then there is actual film critique and giving honest non bias good judgement of good film making from what we are suppose to call professionals. most mcu movies and dceu movies dont stray that far away from what we all could call hot garbage, though I prefer hot mess, in that aspect even some of the xmen movies and sony's spiderman movies do crash and burn in the hot mess. only thing is there now a little honesty from the critics. i always felt it did not need to get this far with the last star wars movie. it could have been stopped from the first start with Iron Man 2. a movie that would be called a hot mess by critics had DC, Universal, Sony or Fox dished it out.
    Last edited by hartttt; 02-01-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Apparently not. I would not give credence to these 'audience' scores. The only reliable audience score is Cinemascore. Not RT audience score. Not IMDB. Do you know IMDB has a score of 7.7 already with a thousand odd votes? It has not even opened to the general audience.
    The main issue with IMDB is that it is populated with fanboy moron types. Have you ever read the message boards or discussions on there?

I remember when that steaming pile of self-indulgent dreck Babel came out. Someone on a football forum I frequent had posted a link to an amusing thread on there in which a poster had had the temerity to point out that the film was facile. The boards there were in meltdown; tears & gnashing of teeth literally everywhere.
    The main response, and one that I have since seen umpteen times on IMDB was that anyone who didn't like the film "just didn't get it". It was impossible that anything else could be the case... such as the film being trite, and appealing mainly to simpletons labouring under the erroneous impression that they are in fact perceptive amateur film critics.

As an e.g., you could look up the worst kids' film you can think of IMDB and there's a reasonable chance it will still manage to have a mid-range score because some daft Good Country Stock parents will voted it up on the basis of their home-schooled idiot kids liking it, and it promoting family values.
    I'd sooner throw darts at a board saying Good/Bad/Good/Bad that use IMDB as a basis for judging a film's merits.

Niffleheim

It looks like they are gunning for all Disney properties, Infinity War and Solo are on next.

Here is the link Down With Disney's Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys
    Facebook took it down

Last edited by Tofali; 02-01-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    The main issue with IMDB is that it is populated with fanboy moron types. Have you ever read the message boards or discussions on there?
    That was a cesspool message board. They HATED black movies with a passion. And now they are forming facebook pages to vote down films that they don't have to see.

Who is worst these guys or the legion of "we call everything SJW without reading" youtube legions?

So it got a good score this idea that RT is the big bad is idiotic they want to be angry be angry at the real culprits WB.
    That takes effort and really going after one of the guys that is pandering to folks in comics-JOHNS.

Amazing Member

Review embargo has lifted and it looks good so far

BP.jpg

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

This is so weird, here in South Africa, our reactions and reviews are embargoed until 10AM tomorrow morning our time.

I will say this, though, I'm curious to see how the Rotten Tomatoes and MetaCritic scores compare.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.