Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Boisterously Confused

I listened just enough to get the general direction of the critics (don't want even the most minuscule bit of the film telegraphed for me). I was going to see it anyway, loved the Panther since back before Priest upped his wattage, and I'm more excited to see it now than ever.

Im So excited that im worried ima over hype it in my mind and be dissapointed if its anything less then my favorite movie of all time.

I think this movie will do great with critics and has the same advantage as Luke Cage and Women Woman. I enjoyed both of them alot but Critics gave then passes on things because theyre soical relevance. Luke had the whole hands up dont shoot movement behind it and WW was women empowerment and trashing eithet makes you look like your against the cause. Dont get me wrong if they were **** then they woulda got **** reviews. But i think they got pumped a little more then they deserved. Both took a major dive in quality toward the end. But were still real good imo. I notice now in just said all that likes its a fact. So to clarify im saying imo i think these things happened with critics. Clearly i could be wrong.

Im also loving all the BP merchandise at places like Walmart. I bought my son A BP bodypillow and comforter yesterday. Wish it was desgin with the eyes cut out but still cool to see Tchalla stuff everywhere
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-06-2018 at 02:39 PM.

yeah I get the feeling the older black panther comics are about to go up in price. Better grab them while you can.

Yawn. The predictable positive reviews, once again Marvel can't do any wrong.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Or the writer-director with two other well received films to his name made another good film? Creed has a Tomatometer of 95% with an average rating of 7.9/10 and a Metacritic score of 82. Fruitvale Station has a Tomatometer of 94% with an average rating of 8.1/10 and a Metacritic score of 85.

BANNED

Ryan Coogler is an amazing director
    Chadwick Boseman is an amazing actor
    Michael B Jordan is a star already
    Danai Gurari and Lupita N'Yongo are amazing

what were you expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Ryan Coogler is an amazing director
    Chadwick Boseman is an amazing actor
    Michael B Jordan is a star already
    Danai Gurari and Lupita N'Yongo are amazing

what were you expecting?
    Boseman is alright. I've seen him in 42, Marshall, Message From The King (pretty bad), and his role as Black Panther. Michael B Jordan was dope since The Wire!
    Superhero shows are trash

BANNED

Wow, looks like this movie is set to be the Citizen Kane of movies about people wearing spandex. Great to see movie critics doing their job as hypemen for the latest Disney flick, as usual. Worked wonders for The Last Jedi.

BANNED

because maybe its actually good

a fully BLACK film that is going to destroy the old stereotypes that black films do not sell across the board

Wow! Critical reactions aren't just positive. They are overwhelmingly so. Last time i checked RT was at 100 % with 58 reviews (will reach about 350) and Metacritic (the better indicator of quality imo) at 87 with 22 reviews counted (which reaches 50). That's really really good.

I will have to look at the projections for opening weekend. They get even higher when reactions are this positive. It will end up beating Deadpool as the highest opening weekend for an origin/first solo film.

And i will have to look at Cinemascore. Audience reactions would then tell something more about legs. But it looks like it is another home run for MCU. They make it look so easy.

(Social media reactions were accurate this time. Maybe the lesson is when they are too early when only critics could have possibly watched the film, it is apparently closer to truth)

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Or the writer-director with two other well received films to his name made another good film? Creed has a Tomatometer of 95% with an average rating of 7.9/10 and a Metacritic score of 82. Fruitvale Station has a Tomatometer of 94% with an average rating of 8.1/10 and a Metacritic score of 85.
    Talented directors strike more often then miss. But they can miss too. Great film makers can make stinkers. I give the example of Francis Ford Coppola. He made some of the greatest films of all time with Godafather parts 1 and 2 as well as Apocalypse Now. He also made Jack which is sitting at 19% in RT. Each well received film is its own achievement. Making a good film which is well received shall be next to impossible. How do you make a piece of art which is loved by everyone?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-06-2018 at 07:36 PM.

BANNED

Apparently the Dora Milaje are really cool which is exactly what I wanted to hear.