Default Michael Moorcock's The Chronicles of Corum Volume 1 HC by Titan Comics is out!

In 1987 the awesome Chicago-based comics company First Comics launched this fabulous comics adaptation by the likes of Mike Baron (script) and Mike Mignola (pencils) in a 12-issue cycle, presenting 'The Knight of the Swords' (Titan Comics Volume 1 - out now), 'The Queen of the Swords' (Titan Comics Volume 2 - slated for aug. 2018) and 'The King of the Swords' (Titan Comics Volume 3 - 'coming soon').

Mike Mignola? Yes, Mike Mignola.

If you have never seen or read the Chronicles of Corum comics adaptation, you haven't really read Mignola yet.

The series' first installment features an organicly flowing cast of inkers (Rick Burchett, Kelley Jones) as well as colorists (Ripley Thornhill, Linda Lessmann) and Titan's new 112-page edition makes for a quality hardcover featuring a Ron Marz introduction and the original covers in full color.

Do yourself a favor and check this title out. For it is boss.

In the name of creator-owned works or quality comics the acclaimed and original First Comics company poignantly broke open the downdumbing "Big Two superhero hegemony", before Dark Horse even existed yet, with such iconic successes as Howard Chaykin's American Flagg, Mike Baron & Steve Rude's Nexus, Ostrander & Truman's Grimjack, and indeed the Chronicles of Corum.

This links to some preview pages and blurb-y bits I'm not affiliated with: http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/mount-u...-graphic-novel
    Last edited by Kees_L; 02-18-2018 at 04:12 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Ordered today look forward to reading it. I recently grabbed the Elric hardcovers they released nice to see more Moorcock related comics coming.

Mignola only did the first 6 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Bentzen View Post
    Mignola only did the first 6 issues.
    This Volume 1 hardcover reprints Chronicles of Corum #1-4, consisting of Mignola pencils throughout, amounting to 104 story pages total, not counting covers and stuff.

Volume 2 will reprint #5 and #6 with full Mignola pencils, whereas #7-#12 will be covers by Mignola only.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 02-20-2018 at 05:56 PM. Reason: checked my original First! issues for good measure.

I´m not impressed with the print quality of The Moorcoock Library Editions. The original issues look much better.

And why not print Mignola´s entire run in one volume ?? Oh yes - more money from the fans.

And why did Titan skip P. Craig Russell´s Elric "Stormbringer" in the Moorcock series ??

I´m not impressed with the print quality of The Moorcoock Library Editions. The original issues look much better.
    You think so?

I find the paper quality to appear on par with other quality 'graphic novels' of similar pricepoints and I quite like the printing actually.
    I do believe all of the coloring is painted water-colors, with characteristic aspects of both nuance as well as grainy bleediness as desired and with being sought, on purpose.
    And it seems to me the modern printing carries any such over only the more starkly.
    With the book in hand the art looks stunning to me, although the previewed panels online as visually taken out of context (out of con-grafics) can seem disserviced rather I'd think.

And why not print Mignola´s entire run in one volume ?? Oh yes - more money from the fans.
    Titan reprints the adaptations which follow the Moorcock books, with the titles corresponding with the special 'cycles' in which Moorcock presented them.
    Also: why would a complete comic series or comics adaption get disassembled for parts all of a sudden? I'm glad neither Titan or First did, since as much as I like Mignola, I also like to be able to read a book in its completeness, even when such a book was made by several individuals instead of but one.

And why did Titan skip P. Craig Russell´s Elric "Stormbringer" in the Moorcock series ??
    Why assume they "skipped" it?
    It could be still an upcoming volume or maybe it's a rights issue since neither First or Pacific published it but instead it was co-published by Dark Horse and Topps in 1998. I don't know for sure but it seems a revisitation of Russell with Moorcock himself - occurring a decade later than when P Craig Russell teamed with Michael Gilbert for the Roy Thomas Elric adaptations?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 02-22-2018 at 06:02 AM.