View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bingo Love [graphic novel]

1 5.56%
  • Black Monday Murders #8

3 16.67%
  • Curse Words #11

1 5.56%
  • Death of Love #1 (of 5) [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Invincible #144 [series finale]

5 27.78%
  • Kick-Ass #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Kill or be Killed #16

2 11.11%
  • Lazarus X+66 #6 (of 6) [series finale]

1 5.56%
  • Mage: The Hero Denied #6 (of 15)

2 11.11%
  • Port of Earth #4

0 0%
  • Slots #5

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #32

1 5.56%
  • Twisted Romance #2 (of 4)

0 0%
  • Youngblood #9

0 0%
  • Other - Angelic #6, Dark Fang #4, Paradiso #3, Rumble #3, Sleepless #3

2 11.11%

Default Weekly Image poll #7 - three new comics and the end of a titan

Welcome gang, in these weekly threads we vote on our fave Image comics of the week and maybe chat about whatever we want, join in!

Last time around Image's premiere series reaffirmed its status; seems like the latest arc of The Walking Dead is being received well!

This time around a lot of comics are releasing! Storylines are wrapping up for Angelic, Port of Earth and Black Monday Murders, whilst Curse Words begins a new one. Also noteworthy is that Ice Cream Man is reprinting its first issue already, indicating stronger sales than anticipated. This week also marks two endings however, with Lazarus X+66 wrapping up after 6 issues as intended - likely indicating the return of the major Lazarus series very soon?

Special mention though must be made of Invincible's ending. After 144 issues (plus some other appearances in series like Tech Jacket), the 12-parter arc "the ending of all things" promises to wrap up everything that occurred the past decade and a half. Woof. Pour one out everyboday, Invincible, we salute you.

New this week are three things:
    1. Bingo Love is a heartwarming, 60-year spanning romance story of 2 grandmas who originally meet at Church bingo night. Six decades later they find themselves at a bingo evening once again, forming the bookend to retell this (hopefully) touching romance.
    2. Death of Love looks like the perfect antidote for everyone who had a rotten Valentine's day yesterday. A drunkard somehow gains the power to see all the Cupidae who are constantly forming relationships between people all around him. Naturally, he decides to go to war against love itself - Bruce Campbell style.
    3. Kick-Ass makes its return this week. Mark Millar is writing once again, and John Romita Jr. is on art duties for this one. The new Kick-Ass is quite literally about a new character beneath the old mask, who has some big shoes to fill. Hopefully the character takes off immediately like Miles Morales did for Spider-Man, years ago.

301786.jpg 301771.jpg 301753.jpg

Voted Black Monday Murders. End of story arc, and it was pretty satisfying. I'm looking forward to where it goes with it's next arc. Hopefully it comes out a little more timely than this arc, though.

Kill or be Killed is always good, but this was a pretty standard second issue of a story arc.

Invincible is always an automatic vote for me, but this issue certainly earns that vote. Hard to think of a better done finale issue of any long running series I've read. I wish it wasn't ending but this was an impressive way to finish it up.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Black Monday Murders
    Curse Words
    Kill or Be Killed
    Lazarus X+66

A few issues behind in Invincible but I'll vote for it anyways because it's a freaking LEGEND ENDING! RIP IN PEAS

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

After weeks of one or (gasp) no Image titles for me, this week--
    Kill or Be Killed
    Lazarus
    Mage
    Stray Bullets-- and I voted for Mage, for a change, and because, shockingly, Bullets didn't thrill me, nor did Lazarus, and KoBK had a pertinent but unanswered question (what happened with the orderly) and seemed more a set-up issue than the usual in-depth story issue. & I'm enjoying Mage far more than I initially expected to!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Invincible is always an automatic vote for me, but this issue certainly earns that vote. Hard to think of a better done finale issue of any long running series I've read. I wish it wasn't ending but this was an impressive way to finish it up.
    It was fun after so many years of seeing every aspect of his life and the lives of the main characters develop we got this fast forward through history to see where it all would go. Mark grew to be the hero's hero, using all of those horrible and traumatic experiences in his life to lead the Viltrumites and the universe forward in a positive direction. Sure, there's other stories to tell, but with this issue we know that everything is gonna be just fine. I'm thinking Eve's 'death bed' scene was my favorite. He chose well.

Best Superhero Comic Ever. Long live Invincible, may he never see new stories ever again.

Kill Or Be Killed #16

Another great issue, another huge twist

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    It was fun after so many years of seeing every aspect of his life and the lives of the main characters develop we got this fast forward through history to see where it all would go. Mark grew to be the hero's hero, using all of those horrible and traumatic experiences in his life to lead the Viltrumites and the universe forward in a positive direction. Sure, there's other stories to tell, but with this issue we know that everything is gonna be just fine. I'm thinking Eve's 'death bed' scene was my favorite. He chose well.

Best Superhero Comic Ever. Long live Invincible, may he never see new stories ever again.

I was too late to be able to vote this week but Invincible would've been my pick as well. The page after page of untold stories was brutal to me though, I would've loved full storylines for each of them!