Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
Dick's history from when he stopped being Robin to when he started to be Nightwing is such a mess. I don't think anyone really knows how or when he became Nightwing anymore and everyone has to dance around it.
In The New 52 the vast majority of characters had many stories between their origins and "the current day" (and sometimes even including their origins) that the readers never learned much about - we had to guess, quibble, and fill in from vague references to (or our own memories of) previous continuities. Now we're in the transition period from The New 52 to whatever follows Rebirth, Rebirth-like stories, and Doomsday Clock. A lot of the little we had from The New 52 is fading away, and we don't know what's in its place yet. (I wonder if the writers and editors know much more than we do.)

So you're right about "Dick's history from when he stopped being Robin to when he started to be Nightwing," but it's just the tip of the iceberg. It's pretty much the whole DCU.

At the end of Wonder Woman's "The Lies" and "The Truth," I knew a lot about why Diana remembered her experiences from The New 52 run, and why she had hallucinogenic HoloDeck-like encounters with simulations of her supporting cast that duplicated The New 52. (14 issues by a good writer dedicated the nailing down the precise status of a storyline that was being moved out of continuity!) But I knew less about Diana, Hippolyta, the Amazons, and the Greek gods than I did at the end of The New 52 run.

And I'm not sure that when the dust clears things will be any less messy. Experience suggests otherwise.