Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DC Recalls FOURTH WORLD OMNIBUS for new printing

An article on Newsarama says that DC has announced a recall of the recently published Fourth World Omnibus due to the misprint in which a page from a Jimmy Olsen issue was printed twice resulting in another Jimmy Olsen page being omitted.

If you own the book, you can return it to your retailer. Retailers can then return those books (and any unsold ones on the shelf) to Diamond Comics Distributor by April 11 to receive a correct copy at no charge. The corrected editions are scheduled to be available on March 14.

However, the article does not say what can be done for those who bought the book from an online retailer like Amazon. Is this return ONLY available through Diamond retailers or will DC make the corrected printing available to every retailer?

In any event, this is definitely a good step on DC's part. Hopefully, the new edition will be completely perfect as it was supposed to honor Jack Kirby's seminal work for his 100th birthday and even a small misprinting spoils the experience.

Also, whoever is responsible for the mistake in the first place (and the mistakes on the other DC Omnibuses like Golden Age Wonder Woman vol. 1 and Justice League International vol. 1) has been fired and future DC Omnibuses (like the upcoming Jack Kirby Kamandi) will be published error-free.

https://www.newsarama.com/38650-misp...ry-recall.html

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Congrats to DC on this. Knightfall Omnibus Vol 2 Knighquest is another that will require correction.

Anyone know the error/errors in Golden Age Wonder Woman Omnibus vol. 1??
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Congrats to DC on this. Knightfall Omnibus Vol 2 Knighquest is another that will require correction.

Anyone know the error/errors in Golden Age Wonder Woman vol. 1??
    Yes, the error was that they accidentally used the files from the Wonder Woman Chronicles trade paperback series (rather than the earlier Wonder Woman Archives files) which is said to have redrawn the black characters slightly to make them less of a 1940s stereotype and their dialogue was likewise altered.

So, what was the error on the Knightfall Omni vol. 2?
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 02-15-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Yes, the error was that they used the files from the Wonder Woman Chronicles trade paperback series which is said to have redrawn the black characters slightly to make them less of a 1940s stereotype and their dialogue was likewise altered.
    Oh ok, I heard of this one. Seems DC or someone could argue that was no error, but I'd rather the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    So, what was the error on the Knightfall Omni vol. 2?
    Four out of order pages in LOTDK #61 (part of The Search). I think that's the only error. Only one I've heard of anyway. I don't own the trade, so I assume the finder of the error looked hard for more errors and found none.

EDITED per Starro below.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Amazing Member

Two out of order pages in LOTDK #61 (part of the Search). I think that's the only error. Only one I've heard of anyway. I don't own the trade, so I assume the finder of the error looked hard for more errors and found none.
    Four pages out of order in LotDK #61, actually. Page 2 was placed before 1, and page 4 was placed before 3.

Four out of order pages in LOTDK #61 (part of The Search). I think that's the only error. Only one I've heard of anyway. I don't own the trade, so I assume the finder of the error looked hard for more errors and found none.
    I was the finder, but I didn't actually look hard for it or any other errors - I just read the thing and that one jumped at me. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I was the finder, but I didn't actually look hard for it or any other errors - I just read the thing and that one jumped at me. :-)
    I see. I will assume you read well enough such that you'd notice other errors. I'm sure others on like masterworksfansite will speak up if any others turn up. Thank you for looking out for them.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-16-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

@ShooCat, you get a mention on bleedingcool regarding the Knightfall Omnibus errors:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...us-vol-2-well/

I purchased my copy from IST. I wonder if they'll incorporate the replacement procedure similar to Fourth World and JLI and how they will deal with customers in Europe in a situation like this.

IST sent an email with a hi-res PDF and if you want to return another email will be going out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    @ShooCat, you get a mention on bleedingcool regarding the Knightfall Omnibus errors:
    Oh, that's nice. Thanks for letting me know, Raffi.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Oh, that's nice. Thanks for letting me know, Raffi.
    Always happy to...

^_^

10char

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Any news on how IST is going to handle this. I received one email about this but I am waiting to hear more. I have to admit, I have held off on buying from IST until I see how this is resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Any news on how IST is going to handle this. I received one email about this but I am waiting to hear more. I have to admit, I have held off on buying from IST until I see how this is resolved.
    You should get another email soon I got one earlier with instructions to return. I do not look forward to ripping the cover off the book to send it back.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Yes, somehow ripping the cover off vs just sending the whole book back has a type of "hitting your child" vibe. I know the comparison is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    That logic doesn't compute. Seeing as how if you had bought it from Amazon, CGN or another outlet you'd just be stuck with it this is an amazing conclusion you've come to.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime