Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Whoa! Bro Mondo DESERVES Gen X recognition based on this scene alone

Attachment 62271
    Ugh #feels
    Generation NeXt was better than the rest of Gen X, to be honest! The true gem of AoA and Lobdell's best story. #goodguyMondoforever
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Generation NeXt was better than the rest of Gen X, to be honest! The true gem of AoA and Lobdell's best story. #goodguyMondoforever
    I think I've read the last issue 3 times since I got the gold covered Gen. NeXt tpb one Easter
    These last few panels...
    Ugh!
    And I'm crying again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GrindrStone(D)

I think I've read the last issue 3 times since I got the gold covered Gen. NeXt tpb one Easter
    These last few panels...
    Ugh!
    And I'm crying again
    omg yes easily THE most tragic moment in comics for me --- X-versally speaking (for me).

BANNED

These last few panels...
    Ugh!
    And I'm crying again
    That was so awesome; I think it was the best book of AOA, even though it made me cry, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Defenders was based on the Netflix show (which should've been called Heroes For Hire) and Champions has an in-story reason for not being called Young Avengers.

Iceman actually acknowledged the Champions thing. He considers the kids to be a "sick lineup".
    I do think the Defenders name fit the Netflix line-up, they were never for hire and fought to defend NYC. It works. And Champions is a cool enough name. I'm not saying they don't work so much as they're unoriginal and don't match the premise of the original teams at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Goodbye Hindsight. Hope you are not that quickly forgotten as Ziggy, Crosta, Loa, and Rico
    I sure hope not. He's been one of the few additions to the Xavier Institute I've actually liked in recent years. Mainly because his powers are really pleasing conceptually. I never fell for Crosta, but didn't he return to Atlantis? Maybe he'll cameo in X-Men Red (secretly hoping Namora and Marrina show up in Atlantis too, as wallpaper if nothing else). I miss Loa so so much- she hasn't even been seen since Avengers Academy shutdown off-panel; her and Hollow/Penance are MIA. I wish their existence was at least acknowledged. Ziggy and Rico are among Nightcrawlers assigned students in my headcanon, and enjoy drama class most of all.

#goodguyMondoforever
    I have a thing for nature spirits. Treebeard and Groot are both so lovable. Mondo fits the category and I'd love an X-writer to do something with him. I was so excited when he made an appearance in X-Men Blue during the Secret Empire arc.

Astonishing Member

I still haven't finished AoA, honestly. Back in the '90s I got a bit thrown by it. The text pieces in the Marvel books of the time acted like it was some big, huge permanent change. Or at least, that's what I took from them. This is back before I knew almost any change in ongoing comics is just a temporary diversion from the status quo. So, I let my subscription to Uncanny run out right then. I've only come back to read AoA lately.