Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

This is gonna be great!! How I wish there had been more issues though. I would have loved to see more Gen X. Strain originally planned for Hollow/Penance. And I would have liked to see Mondo just because how you can not love a tree dude. And perhaps most importantly, some means if bringing back Synch and/or Skin.

Even though I’m still not the biggest fan of most of the kids here, but I’ve really warmed up to Bling! and Hindsight. A shame they’ll fall into character limbo with the rest of the x-kids. They’ll be wallpaper at best.

Really really scared that Jubilee, Chamber, Husk & Monet either won’t get used anymore, or will end up in a sub-par book. Keep them away from Gold & Weapon X thanks.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    This is gonna be great!! How I wish there had been more issues though. I would have loved to see more Gen X. Strain originally planned for Hollow/Penance. And I would have liked to see Mondo just because how you can not love a tree dude. And perhaps most importantly, some means if bringing back Synch and/or Skin.

Even though I’m still not the biggest fan of most of the kids here, but I’ve really warmed up to Bling! and Hindsight. A shame they’ll fall into character limbo with the rest of the x-kids. They’ll be wallpaper at best.

Really really scared that Jubilee, Chamber, Husk & Monet either won’t get used anymore, or will end up in a sub-par book. Keep them away from Gold & Weapon X thanks.
    Jubilee at least is in the Hunt for Wolverine event. The rest of OG Genx wont show up immediatly as far as we know
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Jubilee at least is in the Hunt for Wolverine event. The rest of OG Genx wont show up immediatly as far as we know
    Yep. Monet is probably the most used and known after Jubilee, and she's probably gonna be MIA for a while, unless a writer specifically asks for her after seeing Strain with her in GenX.

I hate it. but at least chances are high she'll be normal again, and we won't be in limbo with her as a possessed mutant vampire. And Hell, I'd rather she be in Limbo than ruined in Gold or Weapon X.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-15-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

this series started off with really low expectTions for me, but it has really grown on me. I'm actually liking most of these characters, a lot more than blue and gold these days. Sad to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yep. Monet is probably the most used and known after Jubilee, and she's probably gonna be MIA for a while, unless a writer specifically asks for her after seeing Strain with her in GenX.

I hate it. but at least chances are high she'll be normal again, and we won't be in limbo with her as a possessed mutant vampire. And Hell, I'd rather she be in Limbo than ruined in Gold or Weapon X.
    Maybe as mentioned in this issue we recover M, and Marius is separated from her.

I think that in PR menconan that they open us where Monet is, or it was in another book, I do not remember well, but it is possible that M decided to move away for a while after that happened.

Maybe in some new X-book, or some like gold with a new writer would be good for Monet.

Say what you will about the quality/consistency of this series -- this FINALE is going to conclude things with a glorious, radiant, BCHOOM.

Well done, creative team. Pyu Pyu, indeed.

Ugh I love this book. Hate to see it end.

I hate that this book is being cancelled- Strain has really proved herself to be a capable writer:
    • She has created a new character, with an interesting power and given him a developed personality and history
    • Given several other characters actual development after being wallpaper for so long
    • Respected continuity
    • Removed the vampire from Jubilee and returned her powers
    • And hopefully separated Emplate from Monet

All within 12 (?) issues
    Plus, this book was a lot of fun
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

I'd really like to know the process of preparing for cancellation.

How much time does the creative team receive to prepare for their finale? How many arcs are sacrificed to wrap things up vs. were the events of THIS arc ALWAYS intended to fall into this particular sequence? Like, was this originally intended -- Jubilee being de-vamped and throwing down with Monemplate-- or did it get fast-tracked (part of me is glad we're getting it sooner than later because its been so enjoyable -- it'd SUCK if we didn't get this arc at all) because of the cancellation?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

How much time does the creative team receive to prepare for their finale? How many arcs are sacrificed to wrap things up vs. were the events of THIS arc ALWAYS intended to fall into this particular sequence? Like, was this originally intended -- Jubilee being de-vamped and throwing down with Monemplate-- or did it get fast-tracked (part of me is glad we're getting it sooner than later because its been so enjoyable -- it'd SUCK if we didn't get this arc at all) because of the cancellation?
    I wondered the same with how far in advance are creative teams notified, and plan their ending accordingly.

But Strain said the book was gonna be 16 chapters originally, but was shortened to 12 due to low sales. She mentioned in a podcast some storylines she wanted to do and didn't get the chance to. Like having Monet be a mentor to Quentin and developing a close bond with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I wondered the same with how far in advance are creative teams notified, and plan their ending accordingly.

But Strain said the book was gonna be 16 chapters originally, but was shortened to 12 due to low sales. She mentioned in a podcast some storylines she wanted to do and didn't get the chance to. Like having Monet be a mentor to Quentin and developing a close bond with him.
    Shut your mouth. Seriously??

Well FML. All I want now is Monet to mentor Quire. Once I read it, it just made so much sense.

The Monet thing was supposed to be resolved earlier too but was extended to coincide with the Legacy banner.

It varies. Illuminati and Howling Commandos of SHIELD both had tie-ins to Avengers Standoff... then ended next issue. Those creative teams clearly had very little warning. Gwenpool's creative team had at least three issues warning though, as they actually mentioned there only being two issues left in issue 23!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Say what you will about the quality/consistency of this series -- this FINALE is going to conclude things with a glorious, radiant, BCHOOM.

Well done, creative team. Pyu Pyu, indeed.
    Well at least it’s BCHOOM instead of PAF.

Maybe this means that they’re gonna do the right thing and amp up her average power output.
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I hate that this book is being cancelled- Strain has really proved herself to be a capable writer:
    • She has created a new character, with an interesting power and given him a developed personality and history
    • Given several other characters actual development after being wallpaper for so long
    • Respected continuity
    • Removed the vampire from Jubilee and returned her powers
    • And hopefully separated Emplate from Monet

All within 12 (?) issues
    Plus, this book was a lot of fun

Please that this is true, the real Jubs was great, but if the writer returns me to the true M, i love her forever XD.