Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80
  1. #61
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sony is moving season 3 of the show to a new streaming platform. YouTube is moving away from scripted programming and the show needs a new home.
    https://deadline.com/2020/05/cobra-k...lu-1202941951/

    I see this as a great move, Cobra Kai was a shining jewel amongst a sea of nothingness on youtube streaming. They abandoned plans for higher quality scripted content so there was no point in cobra kai being the odd duck. I hope it gets to netflix as it deserves a wider audience.

  2. #62
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,192

  3. #63
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hope Netflix buys all the YouTube stuff they aren't making anything else anyway.

  4. #64
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I hope Netflix buys all the YouTube stuff they aren't making anything else anyway.
    This show is the only thing on YouTube's premium service that's worth having. Why would Netflix want a bunch of shitty shows based around popular youtubers?

  5. #65
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This show is the only thing on YouTube's premium service that's worth having. Why would Netflix want a bunch of shitty shows based around popular youtubers?
    Dallas & Robo impulse and Wayne are all good.
    Last edited by choptop; 06-22-2020 at 11:51 PM.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    I don't like this, as Netflix rarely keeps a series going longer than three seasons. Which would make this season the last.

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't like this, as Netflix rarely keeps a series going longer than three seasons. Which would make this season the last.
    Wouldn't that make season 5 the last? Season 3 to us, season ONE to Netflix. Meaning we'll get at least 3 seasons tops (seasons 3-5) out of this move.

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    To judge by "Lucifer", no. They pile up three seasons, either by creating or buying, and then they done. After that, it supposedly ceases to be cost effective for them, unless the show is wildly successful. That's what the articles I read say, anyway. That's why there will be no "Santa Clarita Diet".

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    To judge by "Lucifer", no. They pile up three seasons, either by creating or buying, and then they done. After that, it supposedly ceases to be cost effective for them, unless the show is wildly successful. That's what the articles I read say, anyway. That's why there will be no "Santa Clarita Diet".
    If we're using Lucifer as a metric, ok, Season 4 will be its last, not season 5. So that's two seasons tops on Netflix instead of three. That's not bad. Could be better, could be worse (one and done).

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If we're using Lucifer as a metric, ok, Season 4 will be its last, not season 5. So that's two seasons tops on Netflix instead of three. That's not bad. Could be better, could be worse (one and done).
    Lucifer was renewed for a 6th season. So it got 3 post Netflix. Also the 5th was supposed to be the last and they added a new season.


    Cobra Kai going 5 or 6 is good enough. It’s going to be weird once these kids grow

  11. #71
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Lucifer was renewed for a 6th season. So it got 3 post Netflix. Also the 5th was supposed to be the last and they added a new season.


    Cobra Kai going 5 or 6 is good enough. Itís going to be weird once these kids grow
    I think I heard somewhere that the writers had 6 seasons of Cobra Kai planned. Obviously planning 6 seasons is no gurantee that they would get 6 seasons... but if it's true hopefully they manage to reach that on whatever platform they're on.

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Lucifer was renewed for a 6th season. So it got 3 post Netflix. Also the 5th was supposed to be the last and they added a new season.
    Ah, thanks for the correction. I don't follow Lucifer but I knew of the 11th hour renewal for a final season. I thought that was #2 not #3 (on NetFlix not overall).

    So if 3 is the standard for Netflix, odds are good Cobra Kai will run for 3 seasons on Netflix, 6 seasons total. That's damn good, IMO. Even better if they greenlight a Chozen spinoff.

    I'm kidding. Or am I?

  13. #73
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,192

    Default

    The show has been renewed for a 4th season. Season 3 drops January 8th
    https://deadline.com/2020/10/cobra-k...ut-1234590360/

  14. #74
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Wouldn't that make season 5 the last? Season 3 to us, season ONE to Netflix. Meaning we'll get at least 3 seasons tops (seasons 3-5) out of this move.
    I know this post was made many moons ago, but it's funny to look at in hindsight, and I mean that in a good way. Even with the pandemic (or maybe because of it, who knows?) Cobra Kai's media blitz is on fire. I haven't seen a streaming show making all the rounds and generating such good will like this in quite a while, and for Netflix, it really would be silly for them to just stop after the 3rd season since they've hit gold.

    (and yes, I know the above post says they're renewed for a 4th season, even before season 3's come out)

  15. #75

    Default

    I gradually made my way through season one. Amazing. I liked it more than I thought I would. It's fascinating to see how the movies were revamped into a 90210 type soap opera comedy. Daniel's moral core is intact, but he still has his blindspots, especially with having hit middle age. Johnny clearly peaked early, then coasted for decades.,... somehow. I guess his stepfather's money. He's a generation 80s Archie Bunker with karate skills. He's going to be dragged kicking and screaming into modern day social mores, but find a way to remain in his unreconstructed macho ways. He's MAGA without a political bent. Meanwhile, Daniel morphed into a combination of New Age enlightenment combined with 90s corporate excess. He deeply remembers his working class roots but gladly enjoys the country club lifestyle he could only dream about as a teen. The renewed presence of Johnny in his life makes for disruption that prods Daniel to flirt with becoming a white-collar bully, schmoozing with an acquaintance to raise rents, and using his seat on a karate-school-licensing board to vote against Johnny. Miguel provides a mentorship mechanism for Johnny, and Robby does the same for Daniel. Ironically, Daniel's son is pudgy and so far not remotely interested in martial arts as recreation, and his daughter seemingly has abandoned it as an elementary school-era curiosity.


    I wonder is the cartoon show considered canon at this point. It might as well be. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ka...id_(TV_series)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •