Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I'm going to. I wish you could just buy the season rather than paying for the YouTube membership
    First month is free. Just cancel before month is up.

Brutal first season. Needs a second season for sure.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Fantastic Member

I just binged watched a couple hours ago I loved it
    My favorite character is Miguel.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Show was awesome. I hope this gets greenlit for a second season. There's a lot of story potential setup for a follow up.

Hawk become my favorite. His transformation is incredible.

Fantastic Member

I can't wait for season 2.

BANNED

really enjoying it, they HAVE to figure out to get Elisabeth Shue in this

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    really enjoying it, they HAVE to figure out to get Elisabeth Shue in this
    Her character moved to Denver according to Danny. The showrunners will need a reason for her to come back to town.

I liked that show kept the continuity of the films intact. I was shocked that Terry Silver's name came up. I would think they'll forget about the third movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Her character moved to Denver according to Danny. The showrunners will need a reason for her to come back to town.

I liked that show kept the continuity of the films intact. I was shocked that Terry Silver's name came up. I would think they'll forget about the third movie.
    use some real life stuff, she's an athlete...maybe she comes back to work at the HS as a coach or something?

same here RE: Terry Silver, the whole Cobra Kai ban was an interesting detail

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    use some real life stuff, she's an athlete...maybe she comes back to work at the HS as a coach or something?

same here RE: Terry Silver, the whole Cobra Kai ban was an interesting detail
    Ali became a doctor. Pediatric surgeon to be exact. She can come back to open her own practice or clinc

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I just finished watching it and I have absolutely no idea how to feel. I loved Miguel but he changed, he was the underdog. I didn't care about Robby, he started out as goon and con artist, but became something more. This show was so well done in terms of writing. So much humor and depth. This was a great little show. Really impressed. Get the free month of YouTube Red and watch the show. Holy cow it was good. Really good. Never seen a show build a character(s) up like that and then turn sharply.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 05-06-2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Made it more vague as to not spoil.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I just binged watched a couple hours ago I loved it
    My favorite character is Miguel.
    LoL we'll see how long that lasts... Very good characters. Lots of layers. In a lot of ways it was like Crash. A bunch of storylines that came smashing together at the end of episode 9
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Ok...I watched this entire series. It's very good, you guys. The actor who plays Johnny...surprisingly, is a pretty solid actor. Macchio isn't bad...but a little corny at times.

Anyway...it's very much both their stories, but really shines a light on Johnny. His childhood, etc. They have really fleshed out both characters, and it's fun to catch up with these guys...they do a great job editing in footage from the original movie as well, when needed. It's a show that leans hard on nostalgia, while also kind of pointing out that nostalgia/living your life in the past is a bad thing.

It's a show that also leans into the usual bullying/good guy/bad guy tropes, but with some twists and turns along the way that may have you questioning who you're rooting for. There is no black and white, really, but a whole lot of gray area. There is some great humor, but also some great poignant moments. The first 9 episodes are pretty great. Episode 10 (season finale) maybe leans too hard on the nostalgia and it all seems a bit too familiar in a lot of ways...but overall a very good season, in my opinion, and I am totally surprised. I went into it not knowing if I'd make it past an episode or two, but it was compelling. A few over the top moments, but overall a solid show.

I won't say much else, as I'm not sure who's watched. I will say there is an episode where Johnny really breaks things down from that first movie, from his point of view, and you can totally see his side of things, to a degree....and like I said, they do a great job fleshing out his character as a whole.

And man...talk about a couple of guys who peaked in high school....haha....

Nothing like well done 80s Nostalgia.

COBRA KAI NEVER DIE!

Am I the only one not disappointed that Barney Stinson isn't given a Producer credit?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I just finished, and I thought it was really well done. There absolutely needs to be a sequel, there are so many directions they could take this show after that last scene. I think my favorite character is Johnny, total boss, I liked hearing why he acted like he did in the 1st movie. It made me realize Ali is a total bitch and played both Johnny and Daniel like a fiddle. I also thought the tribute to the late Pat Morita and the Mr. Miyagi charter was very touching.

I was surprised how well received this show is because of some of the things Johnny was saying to his students, I thought for sure the show would get trashed by anti-bully / SJW type people. But it currently has a 100% on RT.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Season 2 confirmed!!