Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

spoilers:
    Honestly I'm not sure Daniel under Mr. Miyagi's teaching did a whole lot better a job at descalating violent situations than Sam and Robby though. But yeah.... Daniel and his teaching didn't end up being a whole lot better than Cobra Kais in this regard. It's fair to say in pretty much all the situations the Cobras started things, but only by a hair.

But honestly I'm assuming all this is by design. I'm assuming that even Daniels side approach is supposed to be flawed to the point that some sort of middle ground between Johnny and Daniel approach will end up getting the desired result. Not that I think that entirely makes sense, but I think that's what they are ultimately going for.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's not fair to say. Up until the point where Hawk trashes the Miyagi do dojo the Cobras didn't do ****. Throughout season one Daniel was antagonizing Johnny for no real reason. This continues in season 2. The rivalry between the dojos is hugely on Daniel. His "snake in the grass" comment on his commercial planted the seeds for it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    That's not fair to say. Up until the point where Hawk trashes the Miyagi do dojo the Cobras didn't do ****. Throughout season one Daniel was antagonizing Johnny for no real reason. This continues in season 2. The rivalry between the dojos is hugely on Daniel. His "snake in the grass" comment on his commercial planted the seeds for it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hawk and 4 other Cobras did try to gang up on Dimitri at the mall. Hawk was picking a 5 on 1 fight with freaking Dimitri. Yeah, Dimitri wrote an unfavorable yelp review, but that was still on Cobra Kai. Tory did knock over Sam first at the Roller rink before Sam retaliated. In most actual fights, the Cobras actually started it. Though Sam proked Tory, she's a bit psycho. And Hawk frankly is just a bully.
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by XPac; 05-07-2019 at 05:12 AM.

spoilers:
    Hawk and 4 other Cobras did try to gang up on Dimitri at the mall. Hawk was picking a 5 on 1 fight with freaking Dimitri. Yeah, Dimitri wrote an unfavorable yelp review, but that was still on Cobra Kai. Tory did knock over Sam first at the Roller rink before Sam retaliated. In most actual fights, the Cobras actually started it. Though Sam proked Tory, she's a bit psycho. And Hawk frankly is just a bully.
    end of spoilers
    [/QUOTE]

spoilers:
    It took a quarter into season two for the cobras to actually be bad guys. If you ask me Daniel did more damage than Johnny.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It took a quarter into season two for the cobras to actually be bad guys. If you ask me Daniel did more damage than Johnny.
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]

I think the show is slowly going from grey to more black and white. Wheras last season figuring out who was the good guy or bad guy was REALLY murky, overtime we're now getting some clear cut divisions. There's still a couple fimly in the grey... but a lot of the supporting cast at least are starting to put on black and white hats. By the end of the third season, I think the bulk of the main cast will probably end up fighting on the same side.

I think the show is slowly going from grey to more black and white. Wheras last season figuring out who was the good guy or bad guy was REALLY murky, overtime we're now getting some clear cut divisions. There's still a couple fimly in the grey... but a lot of the supporting cast at least are starting to put on black and white hats. By the end of the third season, I think the bulk of the main cast will probably end up fighting on the same side.
    The thing is the main cast are already on the same side but crappy communication is keeping them divided. We seen Johnny and Daniel actually get along when they put their differences aside. Same for the kids. Miguel and Robbie would actually be great friends if their complex relationship with Johnny and the love triangle didn't get in the way.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 05-07-2019 at 04:42 PM.

The thing is the main cast are already on the same side but crappy communication is keeping them divided. We seen Johnny and Daniel actually get along when they put their differences aside. Same for the kids. Miguel and Robbie would actually be great friends if their complex relationship with Johnny and the love triangle didn't get in the way.
    I think Johnny needed to evolve a little bit in order for them to really be on the same page. THe whole No Mercy thing at the end of the last season basically turned a couple descent kids into jerks. For Miguel at least in part that was because of Sam... but it was also him trying to be what he thought Johnny wanted him to be. That obviously gets toned down for him at least once Johnny himself tones it down.

But yeah, for MOST of the main cast they can get along provided they find a bit of middle ground. That said, I wouldn't fault Miguel if it took him awhile to get on the same page with Robbie after what happens at the end of the second season.

I think Johnny needed to evolve a little bit in order for them to really be on the same page. THe whole No Mercy thing at the end of the last season basically turned a couple descent kids into jerks. For Miguel at least in part that was because of Sam... but it was also him trying to be what he thought Johnny wanted him to be. That obviously gets toned down for him at least once Johnny himself tones it down.

But yeah, for MOST of the main cast they can get along provided they find a bit of middle ground. That said, I wouldn't fault Miguel if it took him awhile to get on the same page with Robbie after what happens at the end of the second season.
    I wonder what will happen to Robbie
    spoilers:
    He took off after the accident. No word if he got arrested and no seem to care to check up on him. He probably starts season 3 being on the run
    end of spoilers

I wonder what will happen to Robbie
    spoilers:
    He took off after the accident. No word if he got arrested and no seem to care to check up on him. He probably starts season 3 being on the run
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

There's definately a lot of different ways to go there. He can basically be a runaway, or maybe hook up with some of his previous criminal buddies. That's sort of a tricky option because it leaves a lot of the legal issues unresolved. He'll need to get arrested, go to court, etc.

They can time skip things to avoid all the legal stuff and just have him end up with Johnny. Though Johnny himself is somewhat in limbo without his dojo. That also creates some conflict with Miguel down the line.

Kreese somehow someway getting his hooks on him might be interesting. Not sure how that would work exaclty since they don't even know each other, but if there was ever a time Robby might be vulverable to Kreese manipultion it would be now. No Daniel or Johnny to counter balance any of his influence.

If Miguel is hurt, and Robby is out of the picture for one reason or another, it almost creates a scenario where the main younger cast might at least initially be out of the picture.

I heard some youtuber theory that Robbie goes to Okinawa and learns the healing touch thing to fix Miguel. That one seems pretty far fetched though.

end of spoilers

Mighty Member

First off, WOW! WHAT A GREAT SECOND SEASON! This show took what it established in the first season and built on it well.

spoilers:
    I feel bad for Johnny and Daniel. Once again, their history and general dislike of each other get in the way of them both realizing just how alike they are. Neither likes to be ordered, and neither can step up and say, "This has to end."

Because of that, all the good guys end up with major gut punches, though Johnny got the worst of it with him losing Miguel, Carmen, Tommy, and Cobra Kai itself this season. Speaking of which, kudos to the show for actually getting me to give a crap about Bobby, Tommy, and Jimmy. It was actually cool to see that most of them managed to de-program themselves of Kreese's influence and make something of their lives. I actually felt bad for them when Tommy died.

Kreese, man oh man, what a piece of work he is. Perfectly manipulating everything behind the scenes to get that which he has always wanted, revenge on Miyagi-Do. Daniel's at the quitting point with his daughter in the hospital and his best student on the run after ending a fight as brutally as any person can.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next season. Miguel could go full on rage from this point, after showing mercy put him in the hospital. I know Carmen isn't about to let her son get back into karate, but Kreese is smart enough to appeal to Miguel's natural teenage rebelliousness and get his hooks fully into him.

Robby obviously feels that he has no place left to go (and let's be honest, both Daniel and Johnny are likely very pissed at him right now). Also, he and Sam are done. She's never going to forgive him for what he did, even though he didn't mean to do it. He's pretty much lost everything, and that's a good opening for Kreese to poison him too. Can you imagine Kreese with Miguel, Robby, Tory, and Hawk leading his soldiers?

And before you say that Miguel and Robby won't fight on the same side, remember that Kreese is a manipulative bastard, more than capable enough to point out to both the failures of Daniel and Johnny to prepare them for "real life".

So Johnny and Daniel are both ready to quit for good, but knowing Kreese, he's not about to let Daniel lick his wounds. No, he's going to go for the kill. I know the show is building up to Johnny and Daniel teaming up to take on Kreese, but I don't know how the show logically gets them there. Is this why they teased Ali at the end? Is she the one who's going to bring the two together?

Ali. I'm not sure I want to see Ali. I thought that one of the show's best decisions was keeping Ali out of the picture. That said, I do have to admit that seeing Amanda and Ali meet face to face would likely be really cool.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    First off, WOW! WHAT A GREAT SECOND SEASON! This show took what it established in the first season and built on it well.

spoilers:
    I feel bad for Johnny and Daniel. Once again, their history and general dislike of each other get in the way of them both realizing just how alike they are. Neither likes to be ordered, and neither can step up and say, "This has to end."

Because of that, all the good guys end up with major gut punches, though Johnny got the worst of it with him losing Miguel, Carmen, Tommy, and Cobra Kai itself this season. Speaking of which, kudos to the show for actually getting me to give a crap about Bobby, Tommy, and Jimmy. It was actually cool to see that most of them managed to de-program themselves of Kreese's influence and make something of their lives. I actually felt bad for them when Tommy died.

Kreese, man oh man, what a piece of work he is. Perfectly manipulating everything behind the scenes to get that which he has always wanted, revenge on Miyagi-Do. Daniel's at the quitting point with his daughter in the hospital and his best student on the run after ending a fight as brutally as any person can.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next season. Miguel could go full on rage from this point, after showing mercy put him in the hospital. I know Carmen isn't about to let her son get back into karate, but Kreese is smart enough to appeal to Miguel's natural teenage rebelliousness and get his hooks fully into him.

Robby obviously feels that he has no place left to go (and let's be honest, both Daniel and Johnny are likely very pissed at him right now). Also, he and Sam are done. She's never going to forgive him for what he did, even though he didn't mean to do it. He's pretty much lost everything, and that's a good opening for Kreese to poison him too. Can you imagine Kreese with Miguel, Robby, Tory, and Hawk leading his soldiers?

And before you say that Miguel and Robby won't fight on the same side, remember that Kreese is a manipulative bastard, more than capable enough to point out to both the failures of Daniel and Johnny to prepare them for "real life".

So Johnny and Daniel are both ready to quit for good, but knowing Kreese, he's not about to let Daniel lick his wounds. No, he's going to go for the kill. I know the show is building up to Johnny and Daniel teaming up to take on Kreese, but I don't know how the show logically gets them there. Is this why they teased Ali at the end? Is she the one who's going to bring the two together?

Ali. I'm not sure I want to see Ali. I thought that one of the show's best decisions was keeping Ali out of the picture. That said, I do have to admit that seeing Amanda and Ali meet face to face would likely be really cool.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Kreese MIGHT be able to get his hooks into Robby IF Robby ends up isolated from Johnny and Daniel, but I honestly have trouble seeing Miguel side with Kreese. He didn't seem to really like or trust Kreese all that much, and I think has too much much loyalty to Johnny. That said, I'm not sure Miguel will be in any condition to be on anyones side next season. We'll see.

I do think that might be where Ali comes in. Isn't she some sort of surgeon or something? Maybe she can somehow help with Miguel. That in addition to of course potentially helping Johnny and Daniel to find common ground like you said.

end of spoilers

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Kreese MIGHT be able to get his hooks into Robby IF Robby ends up isolated from Johnny and Daniel, but I honestly have trouble seeing Miguel side with Kreese. He didn't seem to really like or trust Kreese all that much, and I think has too much much loyalty to Johnny. That said, I'm not sure Miguel will be in any condition to be on anyones side next season. We'll see.

I do think that might be where Ali comes in. Isn't she some sort of surgeon or something? Maybe she can somehow help with Miguel. That in addition to of course potentially helping Johnny and Daniel to find common ground like you said.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Robby is exactly isolated from both right now. He certainly feels like he can never show his face to both Daniel and Sam ever again. Meanwhile, Johnny is now lost again. What does Johnny do when he's lost? He withdraws and drinks heavily.

Which leaves Kreese to take Robby in, just like he's always wanted to. It's the perfect way to teach his best student another lesson. I'm fairly certain Robby is becoming the newest Cobra.

As for Miguel, Carmen certainly isn't going to let Johnny talk to him again and will probably do her best to keep the Cobra Kai's away, but she can't police him at school once he gets out. Since they are still pretty much Miguel's only friends, he's still going to be in their circle which leaves him open to Kreese. What's Kreese's argument to Miguel? Look what mercy brought you. It's going to be hard to argue against. At the end of season 1, Miguel showed no mercy and won, but then at the end of season 2, Miguel showed mercy and it earned him a trip to the hospital. Kreese can use both those facts to woo Miguel if he wants to. I'm not sure this is where the show is going, but it's conceivable that Kreese can bring Miguel in too, at least for a little while (as you are correct, Miguel is very loyal to Johnny and doesn't like Kreese). But Kreese's mercy is for the weak philosophy will be incredibly seductive to Miguel after suffering brutally like that because he showed mercy.

Of course, both will leave Cobra Kai eventually if this is where the show runners take the story. They're the good guys and this being the Karate Kid franchise, all the good guys will be triumphant in the end.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    spoilers:
    Robby is exactly isolated from both right now. He certainly feels like he can never show his face to both Daniel and Sam ever again. Meanwhile, Johnny is now lost again. What does Johnny do when he's lost? He withdraws and drinks heavily.

Which leaves Kreese to take Robby in, just like he's always wanted to. It's the perfect way to teach his best student another lesson. I'm fairly certain Robby is becoming the newest Cobra.

As for Miguel, Carmen certainly isn't going to let Johnny talk to him again and will probably do her best to keep the Cobra Kai's away, but she can't police him at school once he gets out. Since they are still pretty much Miguel's only friends, he's still going to be in their circle which leaves him open to Kreese. What's Kreese's argument to Miguel? Look what mercy brought you. It's going to be hard to argue against. At the end of season 1, Miguel showed no mercy and won, but then at the end of season 2, Miguel showed mercy and it earned him a trip to the hospital. Kreese can use both those facts to woo Miguel if he wants to. I'm not sure this is where the show is going, but it's conceivable that Kreese can bring Miguel in too, at least for a little while (as you are correct, Miguel is very loyal to Johnny and doesn't like Kreese). But Kreese's mercy is for the weak philosophy will be incredibly seductive to Miguel after suffering brutally like that because he showed mercy.

Of course, both will leave Cobra Kai eventually if this is where the show runners take the story. They're the good guys and this being the Karate Kid franchise, all the good guys will be triumphant in the end.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I didn't see Aisha in Kreese's Cobra Kai group (or Bert, who I suspect Kreese wouldn't want anyways), so I'm thinking the "good" ones will stay loyal to Johnny, even if Johnny isn't in the picture at the moment. I think we'll end up with 2 Cobra Kais IF Miguel can return to action during the third season.

From the look of things, Daniel can't openly do anything Karate related unless he's planning on spending the rest of his life sleeping on the living room couch, so I think he'll end up secretly helping Johnnys Cobra kai IF Robby becomes a part of it. I think the end game likely is Daniel and Johnny teaming up against Kreese, but because the show is called Cobra Kai rather than Myagi Do, I think they team up under Johnnys dojo rather than Daniels.

end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ali is a Pediatric Surgeon. Miguel can use one assuming he's still young enough for one.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ali is a Pediatric Surgeon. Miguel can use one assuming he's still young enough for one.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ali being the one to help Miguel seems like a pretty logical way to go. I have a friend that's got a theory that one of the characters (probably Daniel) might actually help Miguel by going to Okinawa to learn Mr. Miyagi's healing technique, which Daniel at least teased in the first season. That one seems sort of far fetched to me... but I think Daniel was looking at some Okinawa books or something in the last season so ya never know.
    end of spoilers

Sony is moving season 3 of the show to a new streaming platform. YouTube is moving away from scripted programming and the show needs a new home.
    https://deadline.com/2020/05/cobra-k...lu-1202941951/