Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #796 Preview

https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...pider-man-796/

Dan Slott (W), Mike Hawthorne (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    THREAT LEVEL RED Part 3
    * You've watched for months as Norman Osborn has scoured the globe for a cure to the genetic tampering that prevents him from becoming the Green Goblin.
    * IN THIS ISSUE...HE FINDS IT!
    * And it spells the worst kind of trouble for your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!
    32 pages, $3.99.

More Anti-Venom! Annual and Spectacular references! Cool Red Goblin variant!
    (oh yeah and a character people like appearing on the recap page or something)

Unhappy

Is it wrong I'm not excited about this storyline in spite of the months of hype? I'm just not feeling it...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Is it wrong I'm not excited about this storyline in spite of the months of hype? I'm just not feeling it...
    Honestly, most of the hype for me is everything outside of what we actually know, that being the #800 and that its Slott's final story, so I'm very intrigued to see what's gonna happen, because I imagine with that combo, something big is gonna happen. So far nothing about the story make its seem all that *huge*, but I've been fooled before. Also, anything with Stuart Immonen I'm in for, his art has been the highlight of the past few arcs.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Yay...more Parker bashing. Just what I wanted.

Slott's final arc wouldn't be complete without Spidey getting shown up by a (relatively) new Spider-Hero .

If they're going to reference continuity from Spec, shouldn't they actually plug the book when it happens? Otherwise people reading just ASM are going to wonder how the heck Jonah knows Peter is Spider-Man.

I wonder if this'll be the arc where Liz's dirty dealings will finally come out. Honestly I could see Betty actually enjoying exposing Liz as a criminal CEO.

That Spidey bashing, feels like Slott just wants to keep annoying fans before he leaves .

I thought Annual 42 was just a random story, nice that it actualy connects to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if this'll be the arc where Liz's dirty dealings will finally come out. Honestly I could see Betty actually enjoying exposing Liz as a criminal CEO.
    Hopefuly that doesn't mean Alchemax will just disapear and be forgotten about like Parker Industries lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hopefuly that doesn't mean Alchemax will just disapear and be forgotten about like Parker Industries lol.
    Wouldn't that mean Venom is out of a job ?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...pider-man-796/

Dan Slott (W), Mike Hawthorne (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    THREAT LEVEL RED Part 3
    * You've watched for months as Norman Osborn has scoured the globe for a cure to the genetic tampering that prevents him from becoming the Green Goblin.
    * IN THIS ISSUE...HE FINDS IT!
    * And it spells the worst kind of trouble for your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!
    32 pages, $3.99.

More Anti-Venom! Annual and Spectacular references! Cool Red Goblin variant!
    (oh yeah and a character people like appearing on the recap page or something)
    Despite Peter's aversion to using a Alchemex Phone, he still not suspicious of Liz.

Wouldn't that mean Venom is out of a job ?
    Well, if that happens then that means that Parker Luck is becoming contagious .

Mighty Member

Slott's final arc wouldn't be complete without Spidey getting shown up by a (relatively) new Spider-Hero .

If they're going to reference continuity from Spec, shouldn't they actually plug the book when it happens? Otherwise people reading just ASM are going to wonder how the heck Jonah knows Peter is Spider-Man.

Funny how Peter still thinks the best in Liz despite hating to use a Alchemex phone. I guess Betty's hostility for Liz is left over from when they used to fight over Peter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, if that happens then that means that Parker Luck is becoming contagious .
    Venom has his own bad luck.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I'm glad to see that Anti-Venom is back, hopefully we'll get a mini.

Maybe the Red Goblin's pumpkin bombs could be used as carriers for parts of the symbiote, and when they hit somebody, they turn that person into his slave, like what happened in Carnage USA and Minimum Carnage:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I don't think Spidey bashing was that bad. Seems like regular Parker luck to me.