Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    your reviews are redundant.
    As were the last couple of issues. But seriously, my biggest problem with "Threat Level: Red" has that it's just killing time until it gets to the main event, as it were. That it's also wrapping up lingering plot threads as fast as possible before issue #800 also doesn't help, IMO. Maybe if the Osborn, Carnage sections had been given their own issue instead of spread out in three separate ones, though.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Overall I thought this was a fairly strong issue, better than I expected. Nice to see they tied in events from the annual and Spectacular, something I think has been missing in ASM. I could do without Phil Urich and his lame version of a Goblin with a goofy laugh power. Thought Slott did a nice job inserting MJ back into the picture. Good to see so much of the supporting cast in one issue. Still have low expectations for the final arc but this issue did give me a little hope..

I enjoyed the Peter/MJ interaction
    if there is more of that, I will start liking Spider-Man comics more than Batman comics again
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

I loved Norman's interactions with the symbiote and the Peter/MJ stuff, but some of the silliness (like Peter getting distracted by Flash abandoning him and being caught out by Phil) left me cold. I enjoyed Jonah's role though, his new dynamic with Peter is fun. Overall, I liked this issue a lot!

BANNED

That's a bit rude dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That's a bit rude dude.
    It's quite rude indeed.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

I'm not sure how a review can be redundant. I don't agree with everything he says, but it's a well written piece and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by PЯOVOSҬ View Post
    It's quite rude indeed.
    I must agree. Rather than be negative tell us why you feel that way and advance your own counterpoints.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

its been sold out in a few comic stores so for

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalSean View Post
    I loved Norman's interactions with the symbiote and the Peter/MJ stuff, but some of the silliness (like Peter getting distracted by Flash abandoning him and being caught out by Phil) left me cold. I enjoyed Jonah's role though, his new dynamic with Peter is fun. Overall, I liked this issue a lot!
    Agreed. Norman/the symbiote is a fascinating dynamic. I was pleasantly surprised by the MJ/Peter stuff, especially since I read One More Day (for the first time) earlier this week.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

A ssubplot ties into something I've pondered about fan priorities. It's the way that the Osborn plot spooled out over the last few issues. In Part 1, he gets his hands on the Carnage symbiote. In Part 2, it appears that the Carnage symbiote has taken over. In Part 3, Norman's able to maintain a modicum of control.

This ties into a theory I've had that writers prefer set-up whereas fans want to see payoff. In this case, all these moments set up a development that readers largely know is coming: Spider-Man VS. Osborn Carnage.

There are some specific nuances, and there's potential for this to be relevant later. It could matter to the story whether Osborn is able to control the symbiote, and there could very well be some foreshadowing.

But I do wonder if readers care about the twists and turns, or whether they just want the set-up to be as quick as possible.

The sellouts and multiple printings might suggest that this is important for them.

And with the last issue being 80 pages we're probably going to have enough room for the big fighting, as well as Spider-Man dealing with the aftermath.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

I wonder how many fatalities will Osborn/goblin score. if the title is going to be justified then the deaths and carnage would have to be on a eider scale than ever before and I don't think that its possible. perhaps Ned Leeds clone will make a return ad hobgoblin and it will lead to a "goblin war" but for it to be threat level red the storyline would really have to pull all stops or it would be like the standard fare slott puts out where there is spectacle and fury but ultimately it fizzles out.