Thread: Port of Earth

Default Port of Earth

Has anyone else picked this up? I've got issue #1 and #3, which were being sold for $2 a pop at my local store. I just finished up with #1, and while it's mostly an exposition issue, it lays down a pretty good story. Aliens come to Earth, set up a port for intergalactic travellers to refuel off the cost of San Francisco, then we realize it was the equivalent of Chevron we made the deal with and humanity needs to learn to police these aliens without killing any of them. The writing is solid, and the art is great. If you haven't seen it I'd recommend taking a look. If you want some previews you can find them here: https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...rt-of-earth-1/

I haven't read any of it, but I'm very interested, and have heard really good things.

I've read the first issue and I plan on reading more of it but seeing as the trade is out in March, I'm just going to wait for that.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazing Member

I just read issue 3 last night, and liked all 3 issues they have done so far. Seems to be going in a fun direction. I like the art, I like the 2 main cops and I am interested to see what is going to unfold with the alien they are tracking so far. It jumps between the cop's tracking the alien to the news feeds about how the new technology is impacting everyone and its written well. I would recommend.

I have issue 3 but haven't read it yet. Couldn't find issue 2 if my life depended on it. Good to hear it maintains!

Astonishing Member

Yep, pretty good book. Interesting premise, believable characters, good art. Its all i want from a book.

Just got through issue #3. This book keeps getting better. I'm still a little bitter that I couldn't find issue #2 at my local shop, but at this point I'm just happy I found the series at all. I did like the bit at the beginning about the economic effects of an immediate shift in energy, moving away from carbon based fuels overnight. Some might think that may be a topic that's a little heavy for a comic, but I thought it was cool. https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...rt-of-earth-3/